The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#51 Francis Bouillon 2007-08

jl-1

Rough game for the Cube, but he was definitely playing over his head filling in for Hamrlik. No blame to him, he did a workmanlike job, except for that horrid delay-of-game penalty which led to the third Ottawa goal.

he did however save a goal in the 3rd period for us, so I am willing to forgive that puck over the glass penalty :P

As long as they keep Boulion paired up with Gorges I think he will do just fine out there.

Guest RussianRifle: AK-27

I thought Frankie was fantastic tonight. He was solid in his own end, rushed the puck with confidence and never panicked. He administered some serious punishment tonight too, especially on Blake. He played twice his size tonight. I love seeing Bouillon execute because the effort level is almost always there.

Guest QbGamer

When i think of Frank the Tank, i think of the word i cant post on here, Edit Hes a tough lil dude. He set the tempo in the first few mins of the game, someone hit him and he skated up to him and told no you dont do that, Frank is looking up like 1/2 a foot while threatening this guy. I loved it

Guest jennifer_rocket
When i think of Frank the Tank, i think of the word i cant post on here, EditHes a tough lil dude. He set the tempo in the first few mins of the game, someone hit him and he skated up to him and told no you dont do that, Frank is looking up like 1/2 a foot while threatening this guy. I loved it

That was Blake I think. Frankie got him back GOOD a few minutes later behind Montreal's net, I believe.

trade him! only said it for him and brisebois! not the entire team! make sure you kno what your talkin about before posting it!

My mistake. You've said to trade Brisebois and Bouillon so many times in a couple days that I lose track of who it's for.

Guest QbGamer

This guy doesnt get enough credit, Hes super fast, Hes super strong, Hes super tough, i remember seeing him throw a few jabs @ Chara, Chara is a foot bigger then him :).

Guest QbGamer

IM very happy he received a star out there.

No one seems to notice him, but night in and night out he plays like a warrior out there.

IT bugs me that al these trade rumours involve bouillion as a toss in, meaning throw him in just to throw someone in, He is a very sold , If he was a few inches taller he would be a star :)

IM very happy he received a star out there.

No one seems to notice him, but night in and night out he plays like a warrior out there.

IT bugs me that al these trade rumours involve bouillion as a toss in, meaning throw him in just to throw someone in, He is a very sold , If he was a few inches taller he would be a star :)

the big reason I think he is mentioned so much in trades talk is not because of performance (although there are times that is it) but more so as a way to dump some salary. Since last season Boulion has not been putting up many points. That summer when he was becming a UFA he put up 22 points. Last year he had 14. If he put up a few more points I think you will find less people trying to trade him.

Last nights game was vintage Frank the Tank. Hit one player skate across to the other side and crush someone else into the boards :D

I wonder if people still want him traded?

His play has been amazing lately.

Key word is 'lately'. While I agree that he's been stellar lately, this goal tonight was his first in 70+ games. The guy gets paid $1.875 million per year. I expect more than hits from a 5th defenseman for that salary.

Key word is 'lately'. While I agree that he's been stellar lately, this goal tonight was his first in 70+ games. The guy gets paid $1.875 million per year. I expect more than hits from a 5th defenseman for that salary.

He gets one highlight goal per season. :)

Guest QbGamer

Come on weep give him some credit, He isnt paid to score, he is paid to be a stay @ home defenseman. Markov streit are the ones taking off trying to score every 2 seconds.

Bouillon gets 0 time on the pp, Wait he got 7 seconds tonight, but you know what i mean. He is a quick, hitting machine.

Wow Frank The Tank seems to be back these past two games he's been incredible and weep I think he's defiantly worth his salary and has proved his worth on the team

Come on weep give him some credit, He isnt paid to score, he is paid to be a stay @ home defenseman. Markov streit are the ones taking off trying to score every 2 seconds.

Bouillon gets 0 time on the pp, Wait he got 7 seconds tonight, but you know what i mean. He is a quick, hitting machine.

Once again, at $1.875 million, I expect either rock-solid defense à la Komisarek, or offensive output à la Streit. When Hamrlik was out of the lineup, if Bouillon were really worth his salary, he should have been able to take over for Hammer without too much trouble. Instead, it was clear that Bouillon was playing over his head.

I like Bouillon's spirit and tenacity, I admire his heart and his willingness to go after players twice his size, and he is definitely the monster of this past week in terms of overall performance, but one great week doesn't change the fact that he is an overpaid 5th d-man at $1.875 million.

Guest QbGamer

With salaries on the rise, i think 1.875 is a good amount to play for a vet D who does what he does. I know he is smaller and what not, but we siged him knowing this already. I have no problem with his contract, or the way he has been playing.

When hammer was out, all of the d were hurting even our #1 d markov.

Once again, at $1.875 million, I expect either rock-solid defense à la Komisarek, or offensive output à la Streit. When Hamrlik was out of the lineup, if Bouillon were really worth his salary, he should have been able to take over for Hammer without too much trouble. Instead, it was clear that Bouillon was playing over his head.

I like Bouillon's spirit and tenacity, I admire his heart and his willingness to go after players twice his size, and he is definitely the monster of this past week in terms of overall performance, but one great week doesn't change the fact that he is an overpaid 5th d-man at $1.875 million.

You're making it sound like he's one of the highest paid players on the team.

Archived