The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Nashville @ Montreal | Dec. 1 2007 | Final: 5-4 Nashville (S/O)

jl-1

Guest Moosehead

The Habs are only 5 points behind the 1st place Sens in the Eastern Conference but they're also only 4 points ahead of the 9th place Panthers. November (7-7-0-0-) was a diappointing month. They have to start December on the right foot. I expect Huet to play a strong game in goal. Go Habs Go!

Latendresse-Koivu-Higgins

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev

Ryder-Chipchura-Dandenault

Smolinski-Grabovski-Streit

Defence

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - Brisebois

Bouillon - Gorges

Goaltender

Huet

I think tonights lineup is telling us what Carbo really wants....entire team of defencemen. HAHA! I'm surprised he didn't dress Price at centre too.

Not sure what message he is trying to send to the team by scratching Begin & Kosto. Hope this isn't a sign that Carbo buckling under the pressure like last season.

Guest jlapate

Sitting Begin who works every night and not Smolinski makes no sense. I've not been impresased with Smolinski's play or even his effort. He looks like he's always a step or two behind.

Sitting Begin who works every night and not Smolinski makes no sense. I've not been impresased with Smolinski's play or even his effort. He looks like he's always a step or two behind.

Hard work can only get you so far, we need to score, as of righ tnow Smolinski has way more offensive talent then Steve Begin does.

I dont understand this theory of hard work, sure its great, actually is amazing and I wish everyone would work hard every game, but if you can't score hard work does absolutley nothing, and look at the situation montreal is in right now, we're not scoring its plain and simple!

Guest Greek Hab

If we sit Smolinski, it has to go through Gainey first. Habs won't be to popular if they sit UFAs continuously.

*ahem* Kostopoulos :angry: Who also works every night.

Guest den0923

Well well.....2 defensemen on forward 10 more and Carbo has his dream team. No wonder we can't score. Hope they prove me wrong, but in the long run I'm not.

Guest concreteveins

Ok, so Streit moves to the wing and Gorges takes his place on the point? Sitting Begin and Kostopolous? Yeah sure Streit gives his line a little more mobility and a little more shut down ability no matter who he is playing with, plus he can play on the PP still. It is true that there could be 3 defensemen on the penalty kill, but really who is gonna be hitting this FAST team? Streit? Grabs? Doubt it. Begin and Kostopolous HIT other players and slow them down and they bring grit. Who is Carbo gonna put on the CHECKING LINE? He just literally downsized the team by taking out the two most physical forwards! We all know Grabs is an offensive player, and again he will be playing on the fourth line as a shut down guy. Why? "Because thing need to be switched up". RIGHT. Try taking out Bresbois (Someone is gonna blow past him tonight whether it is Erat or Dumont) put Streit back on defense and put Kostopolous or Begin back in where they can do their job and hit Erat or Dumont.

Guest jlapate
If we sit Smolinski, it has to go through Gainey first. Habs won't be to popular if they sit UFAs continuously.

*ahem* Kostopoulos :angry: Who also works every night.

Good point Greek but I don't like the way Smolinski looks out there. Kostopolous and Begin give us a bit of an edge. I must admit though I have not seen Nashville this year so maybe that type of player is not needed. Its good that Grabs is getting some playing time though.

Guest Miltie01

Maybe some other GM has asked to see Grabs and Gorges ?

We never know. Bob has been all over the place, other teams buildings, Hamilton......

Maybe this is for Bob himself, see them one last time before some hard decisions are made.

They could be traded, or need to be able to replace a player we are thinking about trading !!!

Guest concreteveins
Maybe some other GM has asked to see Grabs and Gorges ?

We never know. Bob has been all over the place, other teams buildings, Hamilton......

Maybe this is for Bob himself, see them one last time before some hard decisions are made.

They could be traded, or need to be able to replace a player we are thinking about trading !!!

Good point. But how cautious can he be about trading someone on the current roster.?

Guest hatethoseleafs

The difference between Begin and a guy like Samsonow is obvious as this quote from TSN shows,,,

''He needs to wake the team up and I probably have to give more on the ice - get more points or whatever,'' said Begin, who was also a scratch for a game on Oct. 16. ''I have to work harder and make sure it doesn't happen any more.

''I'm here to bring energy and probably that's what I haven't done lately. That's all I can say.''

Now there's a team player. ;)

Guest mtl1010
The next week will be a tought one.... Nashville,Detroit,Boston,Carolina and we look nowhere ready for it

You're right, we're nowhere near ready for those teams right now, not because we don't have the skill, but we don't have the effort like the beginning of this season

The Habs are only 5 points behind the 1st place Sens in the Eastern Conference but they're also only 4 points ahead of the 9th place Panthers. November (7-7-0-0-) was a diappointing month. They have to start December on the right foot. I expect Huet to play a strong game in goal. Go Habs Go!

It is too bad we haven't taken advantage of the Sens slumping, cause if we could of put together a couple of wins in the past couple of games we could probably be in first place by now.

I have a good feeling tonight is where we turn this around.

Go Habs Go!!

Guest mtl1010

QUOTE(paul_b @ Dec 1 2007, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is too bad we haven't taken advantage of the Sens slumping, cause if we could of put together a couple of wins in the past couple of games we could probably be in first place by now.

I have a good feeling tonight is where we turn this around.

Go Habs Go!!

The worst part is, now other teams like the Rangers, Hurricanes, Flyers are starting to catch up to the sens, so now things are getting really tight, BTW the Rangers beated the sens today so the habs better win this one

Carbonneau is scratching the wrong players. Saying that Nashville is a fast team he should not be sitting out Steve Begin! He should take Ryder out of the lineup he is slow and cannot score! Carbonneau should start sitting out the so called stars of our team who are not producing, this may wake them up! Keeping Begin and Kostopoulos out of the line-up 2 guys who are always working shows Carbonneau really is a rookie coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see... because Begin is fast and can score, if I understand you correctly? :)

Guest stevesaku

habs have to win one in front of the home crowd tonight. they have to gain momentum now, especially for tuesday when we face the wings. im curious to see how grabovski responds to being scratched for the last little while, hope he has a great game.

So even after last night Breezer is still in?
mind boggling eh?
OK How is the world is Kostopoulos supposed to score his 3rd with me going to the game if he isn't even playing :(oh well.I AM SO HAPPY GRABS IS PLAYING!!! :)Go Habs!!! I want to be 3-0 after this one. I deserve to be after that pathetic game last night!HUET HUET HUET!!so Is Begin injured or a healthy scratch?
Might see Grabovski for 7/8 mins

Guest stevesaku
mind boggling eh?

are you taking that one mistake breezer made and saying that he played bad last night? first of all, he couldnt do anything on that first goal last night. and secondly, the whole team played a rotten game.

GO HABS GOIf were are going to loose lets loose 6-5 not 4-0. ;)
its all the same, pays zero points to loose
are you taking that one mistake breezer made and saying that he played bad last night? first of all, he couldnt do anything on that first goal last night. and secondly, the whole team played a rotten game.
no not just that, breez hasnt been good for a while now imo

I see... because Begin is fast and can score, if I understand you correctly? :)

well he did get those 2 goals in one game the other week ;)

I honestly don't see what the big deal is? It's not like Kostoplous and Begin are going to walk out and leave the team because they were benched.

Watching the game against the Preds and the Sens I noticed the Preds tend to run with a more end to end style of hockey, basically scoop up the puck, race to the other end, shoot, if it doesn't go in retreat and try again. I highly doubt they are going to be headhunting like the Bruins so really we don't need both our pest and enforcer tonight.

Archived