The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ New York Rangers | Dec. 30 2007 | Final: 4-3 New York (OT)

jl-1

60 members have voted

1. 1. What's your pick?

• Habs feed Rangers Big Apple in regulation
    • Habs feed Rangers Big Apple in OT or shootout
    • Rangers lucky to win in regulation
    • Rangers lucky to win in OT or shootout

Posted on the first page mate. Anyhow here's hoping for another five goal game to finish up our road trip. 15 goals in three games sound bloody awesome and hey maybe Huet will finally find what he has been long overdue. 5-2 win on Thursday, 5-1 win on Friday, I sense a pattern. ;)

I dont think it will be as easy as the games against Tampa and Florida, but with the current lines we have, playing with the same effort, I do think it will/can be another good game.

Lets close 2007 with a huge win!!! I want to see some on ice Habs fireworks!!!

Go Habs Go!!!

Guest dopplig
The Habs need to be careful not to get distracted by Avery's antics and stay out of the box, specially Komisarek, Markov and Hamrlik.

I love New-York :D

statue_liberte.jpg

Miss Liberty never looked that good !!

Like that, i just love her :lol:

The Rangers will be over confident after beating up the Lafs. Like JL said we have to score first and often. Chase Lundqvist from the crease and shut down that Jagr and we will win.

Don't change a thing in the lineup Guy, the Canadiens are playing great with what they have right now. Keep er up fellas.

Gatta love being a Canadiens fan right now. 4th place by standings, but we're better than that.

I hope Ryder has a good game, maybe he'll close 2007 with hats a flying! :D

Guest Innis_Mor

The "secret" is out on these road games where the opposition played the day before: get on them (especially the D), early and often.

Let's go Habs: chase that puck, chase their defence -- some early goals on them and they'll be cherishing their "at least we got two points against the Leafs last night" thoughts.

Schedule has been good to the Habs this past week -- let's keep using it!!

Guest Innis_Mor

Hi Doplig:

Absolutely love your Statue of Liberty all dressed up for tonight's game -- super !!

re: Gerber ...

OLYMPIC GAMES 2006 TORINO

CZE 2 - SUI 3 Feb.16

CAN 0 - SUI 2 Feb.18 (Goaltender for SUI: GERBER)

I can't say he looked too good last night, letting in 7 goals at home. Good opportunity for the Habs to start closing the gap to the Sens -- Ottawa has problems (major ones?) with their goaltending duo right now. Gerber is fighting the puck and Emery is working himself right out of the league (IMO).

GO HABS !!

Guest FlHabsFan
The Habs need to be careful not to get distracted by Avery's antics and stay out of the box, specially Komisarek, Markov and Hamrlik.

statue_liberte.jpg

Well.....she is French :P

Hi Doplig:

Absolutely love your Statue of Liberty all dressed up for tonight's game -- super !!

re: Gerber ...

Aw, I forgot to give a blue turtleneck to Doplig's Statue of Liberty when she came by my dress shop ;) Oh well, I guess Plekanec will keep the trademark for himself :D I hope to see that line on the scoresheet tonight, the 3 of them!

Guest d80jcrant
Currently beating the Laffs 6-1. I hope they are blowing their load tonight and will have nothing in the tank for tomorrow.

That is what I say, I hope they are all scored out.....and Habs win

Guest WindsorHab#10

statue_liberte.jpg

The statue of liberty is originally from France. Makes perfect sense that she's wearing a Habs jersey. GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

The statue of liberty is originally from France. Makes perfect sense that she's wearing a Habs jersey. GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

Here's hoping that Huet won't be as giving as his ancestors then! :lol:

Guest WindsorHab#10
Posted on the first page mate. Anyhow here's hoping for another five goal game to finish up our road trip. 15 goals in three games sound bloody awesome and hey maybe Huet will finally find what he has been long overdue. 5-2 win on Thursday, 5-1 win on Friday, I sense a pattern. ;)
Despite playing last night, the Rangers will be tough to beat tonight. I hope the team comes well prepared and battles hard for 60 just like the last 2 games. Would be nice to close out this trip with at least one point. GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!
The Rangers will be over confident after beating up the Lafs. Like JL said we have to score first and often. Chase Lundqvist from the crease and shut down that Jagr and we will win. Don't change a thing in the lineup Guy, the Canadiens are playing great with what they have right now. Keep er up fellas. Gatta love being a Canadiens fan right now. 4th place by standings, but we're better than that.I hope Ryder has a good game, maybe he'll close 2007 with hats a flying! :D
Stay out of the box. Rangers scored 5 times with the extra man.

i'm gonna call this a close one for Montreal, who win it 3 - 2 in regulation and score the go ahead goal in the 3rd period on the PP by none other than Alexei Kovalev, who in the process gets goal 350.

Here's hoping you're right Link. We'll all join the Happy Dance! :lol:

0003.gif

Guest Lafleurfan2

I have to agree the Rangers are going to be tough I would not expect another 5 goal game. This is going

to be tough. All you can hope for is both teams staying out of the peanilty box. A tight checking game.

I like the score 4-3 or 3-2 Who I think will win I don't know.

Guest hatethoseleafs

statue_liberte.jpg

AWESOME

Guest Rousseau

I see Marcel Hossa leads the Rangers with +7. Hopefully he does not have a good game against us like some former Habs do. I'm sure he won't, and hope he is a -3 for the game. GO HABS GO !!!!

I see Marcel Hossa leads the Rangers with +7. Hopefully he does not have a good game against us like some former Habs do. I'm sure he won't, and hope he is a -3 for the game. GO HABS GO !!!!

tsn has him on the injured list (fingers crossed).

Don't be mislead by the +/- stat... I'm not overly concerned with his one goal and six points in 27 games so far this season. ;)

http://forum.canadiens.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry1092463

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Montreal has to keep their smart skating going. What I mean is Montreal is finding the right times to explode and fly past the defense setting up numerous odd man rushes. They have also been getting into the open areas exampled beautifully by Latendresse who has been so oppurtunistic.

I have all the confidence that Montreal will be able to win this game and get 3+ goals past Lundquivst.

Keys:

- Pressure the defensive game of the Rangers (who played last night)

- Limit unecessary penalties (I say this because O'Byrne took a good penalty in Florida that prevented a goal)

- Don't try easy shots, but don't overpass either

- SCORE (First if possible)

Montreal has to keep their smart skating going. What I mean is Montreal is finding the right times to explode and fly past the defense setting up numerous odd man rushes. They have also been getting into the open areas exampled beautifully by Latendresse who has been so oppurtunistic.

I have all the confidence that Montreal will be able to win this game and get 3+ goals past Lundquivst.

Keys:

- Pressure the defensive game of the Rangers (who played last night)

- Limit unecessary penalties (I say this because O'Byrne took a good penalty in Florida that prevented a goal)

- Don't try easy shots, but don't overpass either

- SCORE (First if possible)

I'll add that the D-guys should continue to support the attack as they have started to do again lately and the forwards doing a good job of taking their position when they do.

Archived