The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Washington @ Montreal | Jan. 5 2008 | Final: 5-4 Washington (OT)

jl-1

53 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

• Habs ride the hot streak with a win in regulation
    • Habs steal one in OT or shootout
    • Caps do to the Habs what they did to Ottawa - win in regulation
    • Caps need OT or shootout to get two points

Guest KOIVU#11

Wow great game thread, congrats to whoever did it.

This game is at an inconvient time for anyone like myself that plans on watching the WJC also on today at almost the same time. However this is a great oppurtunity to extend our point streak and build more confidence at home, and hopefully Michael continues his strong play and gets another goal.

Guest KOIVU#11
Bad habits of the past seem to be changing , the 'lads used to stink out loud' during the holiday trips and they did well this year so I'm hoping for a change in afternoon performances as well ;)

Hopefully your right because this pattern of losing on afternoon games really annoys me.

Guest FlHabsFan
Hopefully your right because this pattern of losing on afternoon games really annoys me.

Glad I was checking out center ice last night. Didnt realize the game was at 12:30! Cali Hab fans get hockey with their breakfast today

Guest fansince1975

Is there a reason that the game is at 12:30?

It seems to be really early for a hockey game. Sort of understand playing at 2pm or 3pm but 12:30pm seems really early.

Shutdown or limit Ovechkin. It appears that Montreal has found the ability to score from multiple players and positions. Therefore the key is to limit Ovechkin.

Ryder tends to be a player that gets goals in bunches. Let's hope this is true for 2008. I think he is also lucky that Higgins is on his line and Laps is working really hard to check the opposition. Not sure Laps has much offensive talent but he is certainly earning his spot on the roster with hard and smarter work.

Koivu is centering Lats and S. Kostitsyn. They are not producing a lot BUT they are getting closer to having a huge game every game that they play together. Kostitsyn seems to really have a great vision. Maybe too good at this second. His linemates need to be ready at all times. As for Koivu. He is playing great especially considering he

has to do most of the defensive work for this line.

What can be said about Kovalev? This is by far his best season in years. He is healthy. His linemates are fast and talented. The PP is playing great due in large part to his line.

Markov has really improved his play in the past two weeks. He had a great start to the season and then due to some reason, maybe a minor injury his offensive production slipped for a few weeks. Of course PP accounts for a large portion of the offense so it certainly helps if he is on the ice with Kovalev :)

The checking line of Kostopoulos, Chips, and Dandenault is doing a great job.

I prefer Streit playing forward but the team is winning and O'Bryne is injuried so I guess this is the best situation for the team.

I think Montreal will win. I see no goaltender disadvantage when Huet or Price is in the net. Both are very good goalies.

Is there a reason that the game is at 12:30?

It seems to be really early for a hockey game. Sort of understand playing at 2pm or 3pm but 12:30pm seems really early.

Two words: World juniors. ;)

But now the game times clash.

Less than if the game was a 2/3 or so. The Habs wanted an afternoon game for today and 12:30 was the, well, the time given to satisfy everyone.. almost.

Guest King-Carey-31
Less than if the game was a 2/3 or so. The Habs wanted an afternoon game for today and 12:30 was the, well, the time given to satisfy everyone.. almost.

12:30 is right about when the Gold medal game starts........isn;t it? or around that time?

12:30 is right about when the Gold medal game starts........isn;t it? or around that time?

TSN's coverage begins with the bronze medal game between the United States and Russia at 10am et/7am pt followed immediately by pre-game coverage of the gold medal game, which is scheduled to get underway at 2pm et/11am pt.

http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story/?ID=226550&hubname=

Guest QbGamer
A.Kostitsyn - Plekanec – Kovalev

Latendresse - Koivu - S.Kostitsyn

Higgins - Lapierre – Ryder

All three of these lines are actually kind of scary

When did higgins get demoted to the 3rd line? How did that go about happening? I wonder if its because him and Ryder are such good buddies he asked to play with him again?

When did higgins get demoted to the 3rd line? How did that go about happening? I wonder if its because him and Ryder are such good buddies he asked to play with him again?

No, no... Ryder and Lapierre got promoted to the first line with Higgy, while Saku got demoted to Latendresse's line, the third. It's all in the eye of the beholder. :D

Guest WindsorHab#10
Anyone else worried about this one? The lads stink out loud in afternoon games.

Different team that will hopefully produce different results.

Guest FlHabsFan
No, no... Ryder and Lapierre got promoted to the first line with Higgy, while Saku got demoted to Latendresse's line, the third. It's all in the eye of the beholder. :D

its only a number. So as long as its working, no one should really care =)

Guest WindsorHab#10

Since I don't have RDS and CBC is not showing the game, does anyone know if I can watch the game online? Thank you & GO JR'S & GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

I really believe Montreal can win this game! Washington is a team with offense that is streaky, they just had a hot streak against Ottawa and now they are on a cold streak.

GO HABS GO! I KNOW YOU CAN WIN THIS!

Guest jennifer_rocket

Predictions:

Montreal wins 4-to-2.

Andrei Kostitsyn scores another goal.

Alex Kovalev adds a few assists.

Saku Koivu plays a great game.

Hamrlik is +2.

Guest King-Carey-31

nice predictions

heres mine

Predictions: