The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Washington @ Montreal | Jan. 5 2008 | Final: 5-4 Washington (OT)

jl-1

53 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

• Habs ride the hot streak with a win in regulation
    • Habs steal one in OT or shootout
    • Caps do to the Habs what they did to Ottawa - win in regulation
    • Caps need OT or shootout to get two points

Guest old whaler fan..go habs

It was a game that could have went either way....some rookie mistakes. Price was a little shaky but he is the goalie of the future , you can see it in his play. He is going to be an incredible goaltender but mock cheering for him on a simple save will not help his confidence.....remember he's basically just a kid.

Guest RocketPower

I would have started Huet but Price is still learning making mistakes--he's gotta position himself better in the net giving himself a better chance to make those saves . Beware were the puck is --Specially that 5th Was. goal --he also should react quicker on his arm and leg movements ---oh well we did get that 1 point. GO HABS GO :D

Guest KOIVU#11

A very entertaining game but not one that was played particularly well by either team. Very loose hockey that was obvious the first shift when there was a 4 on 1, then a 2 on 1 back the other way, that set the tone a bit.

Carey didnt have his best game, I think teams are starting to shoot high on him, I think thats the scouting report on Price. He's on his knees too much. I think this might partially be due to a lack of confidence as well. He'll come around I'm sure.

We have the most O/T losses in the conference next to Toronto. This has to change, we have to find ways to win after regulation.

Need I remind you that the Senators are currently sitting in first. With 26 wins (3 more than anyone else), and 14 points inside 9th spot, 12-6 at home, 14-4 away. The worst controversy they have is the Emery mess (which is admittedly entertaining). I'd also remind you that we beat Carolina, a team ahead of us in the standings (sort of), twice back in October. Picking one isolated game or performance against one team means absolutely nothing. It's what happens in the long haul that matters.

I was making reference that the Capitals have beaten the Conference leaders Ottawa Senators not once, but twice in a row, outscoring them 14-9 in the process! I'd also like to point out that the Caps are 9-4-3 since December 1st, beating teams like Ottawa (twice), New Jersey and the Rangers while losing in OT to Detroit. Not as bad of a team as their overall record is showing.

Guest Miltie01

Too much has been said about Price !!!

Few have worried about another bad performance yesterday.

When you allow Ovechkin to skate around like he owns the place bad things can happen !!!

Maybe that needs to be looked at too !!!

Guest J Haul
Too much has been said about Price !!!

Few have worried about another bad performance yesterday.

When you allow Ovechkin to skate around like he owns the place bad things can happen !!!

Maybe that needs to be looked at too !!!

Yes, although Price was obviously very rusty I felt that we gave Ovenchicken far too much space as well. Seemed like our guys kept "backing off him". Can't give a guy like him that time and space or he'll burn you.

Guest 1970 Habs

Despite the loss I am still happy with the Team effort (shots on net and 3 of 4 goals scored 5 on 5).

The goaltending should/will be better next game.

Archived