The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Washington @ Montreal | Jan. 5 2008 | Final: 5-4 Washington (OT)

jl-1

53 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

• Habs ride the hot streak with a win in regulation
    • Habs steal one in OT or shootout
    • Caps do to the Habs what they did to Ottawa - win in regulation
    • Caps need OT or shootout to get two points

Guest jennifer_rocket

I wonder what we do with Kovalev when he becomes an UFA if he continues this play next season, too? He's such an awesome PP weapon! I can feel a goal for Kostopoulos or Dandenault coming this game. They're overdue for some secondary scoring assistance!

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Oh Lapierre was so close. A great start to this game back and forth action.

Montreal had a good PP obvioulsy, a strong PK and now go forth to generate some 5 on 5 chances.

GO HABBYS GO!

Guest Innis_Mor
Good effort Laps.

...and I continue to maintain, when Begin and / or Smolinski are ready to come back, they can spell off each other, or battle each other for a spot -- Lapierre is better than either and will continue to develop as an increasingly valuable player for the Habs, without burdening the team's play with too many blunders (not that the other two are prone to that either). I just think Lapierre is more valuable, now and going forward.

Guest jennifer_rocket
...and I continue to maintain, when Begin and / or Smolinski are ready to come back, they can spell off each other, or battle each other for a spot -- Lapierre is better than either and will continue to develop as an increasingly valuable player for the Habs, without burdening the team's play with too many blunders (not that the other two are prone to that either). I just think Lapierre is more valuable, now and going forward.

Ideally I would like for Begin and Lapierre to be in the lineup. Smolinski, in hindsight, was a bad signing. I understand what Gainey was doing when he went out picked him up, but alas... It was not to be. He needs to rebound in the second half of the year, or lose his spot.

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Real good chances! Especially the one where Hamrlik missed a WIDE OPEN net with the backdoor play! And I mean wide open net and the puck bounced. Seen that a lot today, must be bad ice.

Guest jennifer_rocket
Higgins - Koivu - Ryder gave the Caps more than they could handle on that shift!

I hope Carbonneau continues to keep Sergei Kostitsyn and Guillaume Latendresse in the mix though.

Archived