SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

The Ole Song

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_29_legends_33_*

Guest_29_legends_33_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:02 AM

Hi ,

Could somebody please tell me the name of the song that the fans chant at the Bell Centre ? I am a Canadiens fan living in Massachusetts and I need to find it to play for all the Bruins fans . I sing it myself , but I don't do it justice . I'm sure you all know which one I am talking about . Alay alayalayalay .

Thanks a ton in advance.

Kris

#2 Guest_FlHabsFan_*

Guest_FlHabsFan_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:14 AM

The "Ole" song? I dont know the name. I do know I found it on limewire or something.

#3 Guest_HabSteve_*

Guest_HabSteve_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:28 AM

could it be "Ole" by Bouncing Souls?

#4 Guest_Jesus Price_*

Guest_Jesus Price_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:29 AM

I don't even think it is a song. It's a soccer chant, that I dont even know how got started in Montreal.

#5 Guest_TORHABSFAN_*

Guest_TORHABSFAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE(Jesus Price @ Jan 23 2008, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't even think it is a song. It's a soccer chant, that I dont even know how got started in Montreal.

OMG It is not a soccer chant.. It is in fact Ole by Bouncing Souls as indicated earlier. They play that song on the audio system to start the chant up..

So you know fans sing it in Baseball and in Football and in other hockey arenas from time to time but it has gotten the most fame in Montreal.

It is just a song with a chant that is fun.. It is not exclusive to Soccer. We have been singing it for years now and do it every game and our fans even sing it on the road.

We are famous for this chant so weather it is done is soccer or not it is not a soccer chant its a Canadiens Song now!

OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE!!!!

#6 Guest_Jesus Price_*

Guest_Jesus Price_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(TORHABSFAN @ Jan 23 2008, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG It is not a soccer chant.. It is in fact Ole by Bouncing Souls as indicated earlier. They play that song on the audio system to start the chant up..

So you know fans sing it in Baseball and in Football and in other hockey arenas from time to time but it has gotten the most fame in Montreal.

It is just a song with a chant that is fun.. It is not exclusive to Soccer. We have been singing it for years now and do it every game and our fans even sing it on the road.

We are famous for this chant so weather it is done is soccer or not it is not a soccer chant its a Canadiens Song now!

OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE!!!!

It has gotten the most hockey fame in Montreal, no doubt. However, I dont know for a fact, but I can almost guarantee it has been around the game of soccer much longer then it has been a chant of the Habs. I also never said it was exclusive to soccer, I just stated that as far as I knew that is where it originated from.

#7 Guest_HabSteve_*

Guest_HabSteve_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

indeed you can see alot of video of Ole Ole on soccer game on youtube
there is also one from a Pearl Jam show in Barcelona! laugh.gif

#8 Guest_TORHABSFAN_*

Guest_TORHABSFAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(Jesus Price @ Jan 23 2008, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has gotten the most hockey fame in Montreal, no doubt. However, I dont know for a fact, but I can almost guarantee it has been around the game of soccer much longer then it has been a chant of the Habs. I also never said it was exclusive to soccer, I just stated that as far as I knew that is where it originated from.

but it is not a soccer rip off it is indeed OLE by Bounsing souls.. prior to the bounsing souls song yes there was a OLE chant in only Soccer agreed.. After Bouncing Souls thats when it spread around sports in North America.

If you hear the song that they play in the Bell Centre to start the chent it is infact Bounsing Souls.

#9 Guest_Greek Hab_*

Guest_Greek Hab_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:56 AM

Ignore the video. tongue.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n3XzkeFm6cM

Also...

http://www.loreille.com/special3.html

Edited by Greek Hab, 23 January 2008 - 10:57 AM.

#10 Guest_Jesus Price_*

Guest_Jesus Price_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(TORHABSFAN @ Jan 23 2008, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but it is not a soccer rip off it is indeed OLE by Bounsing souls.. prior to the bounsing souls song yes there was a OLE chant in only Soccer agreed.. After Bouncing Souls thats when it spread around sports in North America.

If you hear the song that they play in the Bell Centre to start the chent it is infact Bounsing Souls.

I didn't say it was a soccer ripoff. All I said is that it is a Spanish chant that has been in soccer longer then it has been in hockey. Also if you look at the lyrics to the bouncing souls song .. "Bouncing Souls no one can beat us
We drink beer and wear Adidas" ... "
"Lace our sambas, get on out
Of we go to kick it about
Win or lose were havin fun
We won't quit until we're done"
Sounds abit more soccer inspired imo. It is great we take pride in it, and it is definately unique to the Habs in North America, but we can't claim it as our own and say that it is a Habs chant before it is a soccer chant.

#11 Guest_AlexK_*

Guest_AlexK_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:59 AM

I like the nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye when you are blowing out a team. It seems a lot more cruel for the other team to hear that. smile.gif

#12 Guest_TORHABSFAN_*

Guest_TORHABSFAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(Jesus Price @ Jan 23 2008, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't say it was a soccer ripoff. All I said is that it is a Spanish chant that has been in soccer longer then it has been in hockey. Also if you look at the lyrics to the bouncing souls song .. "Bouncing Souls no one can beat us
Sounds abit more soccer inspired imo. It is great we take pride in it, and it is definately unique to the Habs in North America, but we can't claim it as our own and say that it is a Habs chant before it is a soccer chant.

Not say it was ours before it was a soccer chant... I am saying its ours now.. It can be soccers as well I really don't care.. But Its part of Canadiens culture today and I enjoy it as such.. When Leaf fans get mad and say stupid habs fans its a soccer ripp off... It just makes me sing louder and right in there ear.. They are jealous anyways because there fans are too busy talking on Cell phones to chant anything.

#13 Guest_dt9999_*

Guest_dt9999_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:25 AM

It's been used in soccer for decades.

I'm not sure how it spread to Montreal for hockey but I sure wish it would disappear as fast as it came. Possibly one of the most annoying chants I can remember in all of sports....

#14 Guest_Jesus Price_*

Guest_Jesus Price_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE(dt9999 @ Jan 23 2008, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure how it spread to Montreal for hockey but I sure wish it would disappear as fast as it came. Possibly one of the most annoying chants I can remember in all of sports....

This is where I disagree. I absoloutely love hearing our fans chanting this, no matter where it came from.

#15 Guest_TORHABSFAN_*

Guest_TORHABSFAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(Jesus Price @ Jan 23 2008, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is where I disagree. I absoloutely love hearing our fans chanting this, no matter where it came from.

Agreed!

#16 Guest_Bobineau_*

Guest_Bobineau_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(dt9999 @ Jan 23 2008, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not a big fan either. The first time I heard that song in north america was during the 94 World Cup in the US which was sang profusely, it then dissappeared from stadiums around Europe and South America....only to reappear in Montreal...10 years later dry.gif

#17 Guest_ChiLla_*

Guest_ChiLla_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE(Bobineau @ Jan 23 2008, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not a big fan either. The first time I heard that song in north america was during the 94 World Cup in the US which was sang profusely, it then dissappeared from stadiums around Europe and South America....only to reappear in Montreal...10 years later dry.gif

It's kinda funny, you're right. I grew up with this song, going to soccer games in Europe at the beginning of the 80s.
I wouldn't say it disappeared from stadiums in Europe though, you'll still hear it, especially in Spain and Italy.

Kinda weird that it became a fan favorite in Montreal with that much of a delay.

#18 Guest_swansee_*

Guest_swansee_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(Jesus Price @ Jan 23 2008, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What about the version with the lyrics???
"Win or lose were havin fun
We won't quit until we're done
We got heart when we play
Take you on any day"

The "take you on any day" sounds Canadien to me eh? Must have been written by a hoser wink.gif

#19 Guest_29_legends_33_*

Guest_29_legends_33_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:47 PM

Thanks alot guys . All I know is when I go to the Banknorth Garden and the crowd is almost half Canadiens fans and they start chanting it I just picture myself being at the Bell Centre instead .

#20 Guest_QbGamer_*

Guest_QbGamer_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:20 AM

Ya its a soccer chant, you can just look it up on youtube or limewire or any of those.

Great easy song smile.gif