The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn The Countdown - The Official Update

GIJAYNE

Geeeez haven't you ever seen Pinky and the Brain? You asked the question, I had a set-up I couldn't refuse :P What would Zorro the beagle think of me if I didn't take advantage of such opportunities :D

oh toucher! toucher! :lol:

zorro? i say so long as jerry's ghost doesnt come to haunt you...you'll be fine!

HLD_sig.jpg

ONE DAY DOWN AND WE’RE STILL ALIVE

Every utopia story I have ever read about has ended in tragedy. As we attempt to create a piece of heaven on Web in this new-sub forum, we’re yet to implode on our selves after 24 hours. This can only be a good sign.

I’m personally beginning to get used to this. In the old system, although I was able to access everything by scrolling down a single thread, I would often forget to respond to post lost in the volume, have to wait 5 minutes between responses to avoid merging posts, and getting lost in the back and forth traffic of reports to try and locate chocolate’s numbers, to be able to compare it to the scouting reports and make predictions.

I get this mental image of the ugly apes from a Space Odyssey 2001, discovering the giant rock and immediately taking a huge step in evolution. We’re just as ugly as the apes, some what more messy and primitive, but we’re entering a new domain for the MN. Once we’re adjusted to the new organisation, it will be only that much easier to add sub-topics to our already expended MN topic. We can expend, retract, clean up and moderate like never before.

I only have two complaints for now:

1) Mateus when are you getting Photoshop? (We have agreed that he will be our official MN number updater and I will create a locked sticky thread just for the numbers).

2) I don’t know about the rest of you, but given the standings and the upcoming schedule, I would more than appreciate a Philadelphia Flyers scout. Now I know there is a lot of you out there who like to read, but not participate in the MN thread. And I’m sure some of you have wondered how to join in on the fun. Here is your chance! Talk to brianw6 and you can join the MN team as a Philly Scout.

NL STANDINGS FEBRUARY 12, 2008:

POST.jpg

Every utopia story I have ever read about has ended in tragedy. As we attempt to create a piece of heaven on Web in this new-sub forum, we’re yet to implode on our selves after 24 hours. This can only be a good sign.

I’m personally beginning to get used to this. In the old system, although I was able to access everything by scrolling down a single thread, I would often forget to respond to post lost in the volume, have to wait 5 minutes between responses to avoid merging posts, and getting lost in the back and forth traffic of reports to try and locate chocolate’s numbers, to be able to compare it to the scouting reports and make predictions.

I get this mental image of the ugly apes from a Space Odyssey 2001, discovering the giant rock and immediately taking a huge step in evolution. We’re just as ugly as the apes, some what more messy and primitive, but we’re entering a new domain for the MN. Once we’re adjusted to the new organisation, it will be only that much easier to add sub-topics to our already expended MN topic. We can expend, retract, clean up and moderate like never before.

1) Mateus when are you getting Photoshop? (We have agreed that he will be our official MN number updater and I will create a locked sticky thread just for the numbers).

2) I don’t know about the rest of you, but given the standings and the upcoming schedule, I would more than appreciate a Philadelphia Flyers scout. Now I know there is a lot of you out there who like to read, but not participate in the MN thread. And I’m sure some of you have wondered how to join in on the fun. Here is your chance! Talk to brianw6 and you can join the MN team as a Philly Scout.

Here, Here!!! Scouting for the Flyers can be quite interesting as they are a team in the thick of the hunt with a lot of promise this season... I'm sure everyone would agree that the team that Brieire chose are greater rivals than before as a result.

All this new stuff... One step for man... a Giant step for MN-Kind :)

Here, Here!!! Scouting for the Flyers can be quite interesting as they are a team in the thick of the hunt with a lot of promise this season... I'm sure everyone would agree that the team that Brieire chose are greater rivals than before as a result.

All this new stuff... One step for man... a Giant step for MN-Kind :)

:lol: smooth Admiral ;)

HLD_sig.jpg

NL STANDINGS FEBRUARY 12, 2008:

POST.jpg

i sorta have it but dont quite have it at the same time...its complicated...talk over lunch?

and i would also need the MN spreadsheet to be sent to me again...

-Matt

Out to lunch? Don't be so hard on yourself Teus... Smeigel wants a date with your beauty (now that would be hard to take :) )

:lol:

only you brian! haha!

el daggerz works where i study, thus lunch is appropriate for our "business talks"

Guest chocolate

I hope this is right place to double the bonus updates.

MN Bonus available for 2008.02.13:

No bonuses are available.

MN Home-Ice Bonus

...1 bonus - if New Jersey loses to Ottawa

TO-NO-GO Bonus

...2 bonuses - if Boston wins in regulation (vs Pittsburgh) and Buffalo wins (vs Toronto).

...1 bonus - if Boston wins.

MN pace - 2.1 points per habs game

Next MN milestone: 25 - current Mn forecast: Mar. 3rd

Member predictions:

#1 - Mar 1st, vs. NJ (made on Feb.6, MN 46)

Admiral - Mar 3rd, vs. SJ (Feb.6, MN 46)

Chocolate - Feb 26th, vs. Atl (Feb.8, MN 44)

Reached milestones:

MN 125 - Nov.13th, predicted by AK (Oct. 29, MN 141)

MN 99 - Dec.15th, predicted by HLD (Nov. 15, MN 123)

MN 75 - Jan.8th, predicted by HHFR (Dec. 22, MN 99)

MN 50 - Feb.2nd, predicted by mateus (Jan. 15, MN 71)

MN on Oct. 2 was - 165

MN on Oct. 31 was - 139 (drop by 26 in 11 games, pace 2.36)

MN on Nov. 30 was - 113 (drop by 26 in 14 games, pace 1.86)

MN on Dec. 31 was - 86 (drop by 27 in 14 games, pace 1.92)

MN on Jan. 31 was - 52 (drop by 34 in 12 games, pace 2.83)

Current MN - 43 (drop by 9 in 6 games in February, pace 1.50)

Note, the pace of 2 MN points per habs game is the border line between playoffs and golf pastures. If the pace is higher then 2, the habs are heading to the playoffs. If it is less than 2, we are out. If it is exactly 2, it is a tie break situation.

MN forecast by the end of February - 26 (at the beginning of February the forecast was 21, the best is 21 and the worst 26).

I hope this is right place to double the bonus updates.

MN Bonus available for 2008.02.13:

No bonuses are available.

MN Home-Ice Bonus

...1 bonus - if New Jersey loses to Ottawa

TO-NO-GO Bonus

...2 bonuses - if Boston wins in regulation (vs Pittsburgh) and Buffalo wins (vs Toronto).

...1 bonus - if Boston wins.

MN pace - 2.1 points per habs game

Next MN milestone: 25 - current Mn forecast: Mar. 3rd

Member predictions:

#1 - Mar 1st, vs. NJ (made on Feb.6, MN 46)

Admiral - Mar 3rd, vs. SJ (Feb.6, MN 46)

Chocolate - Feb 26th, vs. Atl (Feb.8, MN 44)

Reached milestones:

MN 125 - Nov.13th, predicted by AK (Oct. 29, MN 141)

MN 99 - Dec.15th, predicted by HLD (Nov. 15, MN 123)

MN 75 - Jan.8th, predicted by HHFR (Dec. 22, MN 99)

MN 50 - Feb.2nd, predicted by mateus (Jan. 15, MN 71)

MN on Oct. 2 was - 165

MN on Oct. 31 was - 139 (drop by 26 in 11 games, pace 2.36)

MN on Nov. 30 was - 113 (drop by 26 in 14 games, pace 1.86)

MN on Dec. 31 was - 86 (drop by 27 in 14 games, pace 1.92)

MN on Jan. 31 was - 52 (drop by 34 in 12 games, pace 2.83)

Current MN - 43 (drop by 9 in 6 games in February, pace 1.50)

Note, the pace of 2 MN points per habs game is the border line between playoffs and golf pastures. If the pace is higher then 2, the habs are heading to the playoffs. If it is less than 2, we are out. If it is exactly 2, it is a tie break situation.

MN forecast by the end of February - 26 (at the beginning of February the forecast was 21, the best is 21 and the worst 26).

It's great chocolate. As long as there the originals of all such posts are int he numbers thread for easy access, you can double where ever you want. But only cause you gave me chocolates :D (who said bribes can't get one ahead in life :D

HLD_sig.jpg

ALL IS LOST!!!

A very busy day ahead of HLD today so I gotta rush it. Good news is what I have to say is very short in any case.

That’s it…we’re toast. The defence is porous, the offense cannot perform anymore, and now the goalies are failing us. It’s only a matter of time before we slip out of the run for the playoffs. Unfortunately all those analysts whom we’ve been ridiculing all season were right. This team is going to end up out of the playoffs and a disaster once more. Don’t even bother to get your hopes up, because Toronto will probably overtake us within the month.

NOT

NL STANDINGS FEBRUARY 13, 2008:

POST.jpg

Guest Cenner Hice
HLD_sig.jpg

ALL IS LOST!!!

A very busy day ahead of HLD today so I gotta rush it. Good news is what I have to say is very short in any case.

That’s it…we’re toast. The defence is porous, the offense cannot perform anymore, and now the goalies are failing us. It’s only a matter of time before we slip out of the run for the playoffs. Unfortunately all those analysts whom we’ve been ridiculing all season were right. This team is going to end up out of the playoffs and a disaster once more. Don’t even bother to get your hopes up, because Toronto will probably overtake us within the month.

NOT

NL STANDINGS FEBRUARY 13, 2008:

POST.jpg

Ooh. You had me going for a moment there.

I thought you were serious...

not.

This is a fun game... :D

Ooh. You had me going for a moment there.

I thought you were serious...

not.

This is a fun game... :D

:lol: I learned it during this documentary I watched from Kazakhstan

As far as games go, it beats playing ro-cham-bo (no idea if that's how you spell it)

It's great chocolate. As long as there the originals of all such posts are int he numbers thread for easy access, you can double where ever you want. But only cause you gave me chocolates :D (who said bribes can't get one ahead in life :D

bribes? who said anything about bribes?

i prefer calling them oppertunistic advancement occasions/gifts. nothing wrong with those!

you know whats the best part about having a sub forum: never having to read about who "the fans" want gone, shot, quartered and drawn. its awesome, being able to be a habs fan, to see the big picture, and not get sent to an asylum for it!

w00t!

-Matt

bribes? who said anything about bribes?

i prefer calling them oppertunistic advancement occasions/gifts. nothing wrong with those!

you know whats the best part about having a sub forum: never having to read about who "the fans" want gone, shot, quartered and drawn. its awesome, being able to be a habs fan, to see the big picture, and not get sent to an asylum for it!

w00t!

-Matt

When did they let you out Teus?

sometime in 87...or so they say...

my money is on that i was around in WW2! but dont let the baby face fool you!

Imagine... A time traveler... when he knows the time... or if you give him the time... well maybe sometime(s)... could be all the time... but maybe not this time... I think I'm running out of time :(

Imagine... A time traveler... when he knows the time... or if you give him the time... well maybe sometime(s)... could be all the time... but maybe not this time... I think I'm running out of time :(

or ideas, cant blame you at this time of the morning though.

if i turn on my brain all im going to get is: food food food food food food? food! food food food food food! food?!? food!

its not a pretty sight...

or ideas, cant blame you at this time of the morning though.

if i turn on my brain all im going to get is: food food food food food food? food! food food food food food! food?!? food!

its not a pretty sight...

Anyone else convinced that this is exactly what Sea-Gulls are saying when they're yapping over head?

Guest Cenner Hice
Anyone else convinced that this is exactly what Sea-Gulls are saying when they're yapping over head?

I see no gulls...

wait. Wasn't that in the other thread. Which thread am I in now???

Anyway, a question:

If gulls that live by the sea are seagulls, are gulls living by a bay bagels?

sausages? sausages? sau-sa-ges!?

ah the beauty of randomness...and beer commercials!

sausages? sausages? sau-sa-ges!?

ah the beauty of randomness...and beer commercials!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man I was dying when I first saw that...and haven't seen it since. I wasn't sure if it was a drunken mirage. That dog is awesome. Totally from the same family tree as Zorro the beagle.

Archived