The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn The Countdown - The Official Update

GIJAYNE

HLD_sig.jpg

WE’RE NUMBER 1 (ish)

WOW! :blink: who says home and home series are not exciting. Physical plays, reffing mishaps, superb goaltending, superb plays and to top it all humiliation for Briere…yet again….twice :D

If there is one thing the weekend series have taught us, it’s that coach Carbonneau’s philosophy of “team toughness” and opting to pass on an enforcer in the line-up works. Not only does it work, but the global physical play of our team often surprises the opposition who expects to come in to the rink and just cream us. Perhaps it’s just me and my ultimate bias, but I thought we won the physical battle, and we “stuck-it to the” on several occasions.

I’m referring to of course the end of the first period when Georges was being courted by a big ape wearing black, only to realise the game was going on and that a goals was being scored. I bet he felt as happy and light headed as a spring butterfly when he had to enter that locker room.

We’re tied for first and before I get into why we shouldn’t be celebrating just yet we should just enjoy and savour the moment for the day. It’s the second time the HABS have challenged the Sens for first, and the first time the Sens have been tied this season. Tomorrow I’ll give my pointless insight into what should and can be expected as a reaction from the Sens and our HABS.

For now however, WE’RE NUMBER 1 (ish), TORONTO VERY LAST (ha!)

NL STANDINGS FEBRUARY 18, 2008:

POST.jpg

WE’RE NUMBER 1 (ish)

WOW! :blink: who says home and home series are not exciting. Physical plays, reffing mishaps, superb goaltending, superb plays and to top it all humiliation for Briere…yet again….twice :D

If there is one thing the weekend series have taught us, it’s that coach Carbonneau’s philosophy of “team toughness” and opting to pass on an enforcer in the line-up works. Not only does it work, but the global physical play of our team often surprises the opposition who expects to come in to the rink and just cream us. Perhaps it’s just me and my ultimate bias, but I thought we won the physical battle, and we “stuck-it to the” on several occasions.

I’m referring to of course the end of the first period when Georges was being courted by a big ape wearing black, only to realise the game was going on and that a goals was being scored. I bet he felt as happy and light headed as a spring butterfly when he had to enter that locker room.

We’re tied for first and before I get into why we shouldn’t be celebrating just yet we should just enjoy and savour the moment for the day. It’s the second time the HABS have challenged the Sens for first, and the first time the Sens have been tied this season. Tomorrow I’ll give my pointless insight into what should and can be expected as a reaction from the Sens and our HABS.

Very pleasant read this morning Number One :) I'm HAPPY!!!

Very winnable games this coming week vs. the Rangers, Penguins and Blue Jackets.

Guest hatethoseleafs

One quick question on the update Dags....Is that EPD correct at April 3??? That seems off to me. I would think it would be sometime in late March at this point.

Very winnable games this coming week vs. the Rangers, Penguins and Blue Jackets.

We haven't had a great deal of success versus the Rangers so far this season, so yes it's a winnable game, but those two points are not a guarantee...

But for now, let's enjoy these nice standings... :)

Guest hatethoseleafs
We haven't had a great deal of success versus the Rangers so far this season, so yes it's a winnable game, but those two points are not a guarantee...

But for now, let's enjoy these nice standings... :)

I agree we havent been successfull VS Rangers but the boys shouldnt have much trouble finding any motivation in this upcomming tilt. We should be seeking some payback after that last result,,,, and i'm pretty sure the guys will consider this game as a big test. ;)

One quick question on the update Dags....Is that EPD correct at April 3??? That seems off to me. I would think it would be sometime in late March at this point.
As per the magic spreadsheet, we should be clinching on our third to last game (Actually 3.5 game). Unless I messed up on the schedule, isn't that our third to last game?
We haven't had a great deal of success versus the Rangers so far this season, so yes it's a winnable game, but those two points are not a guarantee...But for now, let's enjoy these nice standings... :)
My sentiments exactly :D

As per the magic spreadsheet, we should be clinching on our third to last game (Actually 3.5 game). Unless I messed up on the schedule, isn't that our third to last game?My sentiments exactly :D
Well I hope the Habs don't bask too long in their glory... and look ahead with a positive outlook, motivated by the need to revenge the last loss vs. the soon to be "De-Ranged" (should add this to the name thingy if they slip out of the PO picture).

Well I hope the Habs don't bask too long in their glory... and look ahead with a positive outlook, motivated by the need to revenge the last loss vs. the soon to be "De-Ranged" (should add this to the name thingy if they slip out of the PO picture).

Absolutely. Last time we let it get to our heads and lost 4/6 games. We have to remain focused and realize we're not as great as the "hype" would lead us to believe. The old adage of things seem better than they are when all is well, and worse than they are during dyer times. As professional athletes they should take a page out of the young goalie's books and remain level headed through the good AND the bad.

HLD_sig.jpg

WE’RE NUMBER 1 (ish)

POST.jpg

w00t w00t!

update ish good!

and its oh so true, second time in the season the would be in-another-league-entirely sens have been caught. and i say its time they were quartered and drawn and brought back down to earth with a 24-stanley-cup-100-year-history exclamation mark! since today is the optimistic-w00t-enjoy-it-while-it-lasts update: THE HABS ARE BACK BABY!!!!

i cant even recognize this team anymore! and its scary caus its a good thing!!!

W00T!

w00t w00t!

update ish good!

and its oh so true, second time in the season the would be in-another-league-entirely sens have been caught. and i say its time they were quartered and drawn and brought back down to earth with a 24-stanley-cup-100-year-history exclamation mark! since today is the optimistic-w00t-enjoy-it-while-it-lasts update: THE HABS ARE BACK BABY!!!!

i cant even recognize this team anymore! and its scary caus its a good thing!!!

W00T!

:lol:

Overly excited much :lol:

You know, all the good things aside, there is one thing that really ticks me off about this team: KOVALEV's LINE! These guys are getting on my nerves.

How dare they score so quickly and in the blink of an eye like that! I can't even follow them anymore, and I just completely missed that goal yesterday. They fooled the Philly D and the fans and I think most people only realized what happened when the arms went up.

I tell you...I wouldn't even be able to follow them sober. Just down right selfish if you ask me.

You know, all the good things aside, there is one thing that really ticks me off about this team: KOVALEV's LINE! These guys are getting on my nerves.

How dare they score so quickly and in the blink of an eye like that! I can't even follow them anymore, and I just completely missed that goal yesterday. They fooled the Philly D and the fans and I think most people only realized what happened when the arms went up.

I tell you...I wouldn't even be able to follow them sober. Just down right selfish if you ask me.

I like their kind of selfish :)

Guest hatethoseleafs
As per the magic spreadsheet, we should be clinching on our third to last game (Actually 3.5 game). Unless I messed up on the schedule, isn't that our third to last game?

Actually i beleive our 3rd to last game is against the Sens on April 1st followed by Buffalo and the Laffs.

Guest hatethoseleafs

Our remaining games--13 HOME --9 Road

Back To Back Games in RED

Rangers Canadiens ( Feb 19 )

Penguins Canadiens ( Feb 21 )

Blue Jackets Canadiens ( Feb 23 )

Thrashers Canadiens ( Feb 26 )

Canadiens Sabres ( Feb 29 )

Devils Canadiens ( Mar 1 )

Canadiens Sharks ( Mar 3 )

Canadiens Coyotes ( Mar 6 )

Canadiens Kings ( Mar 8 )

Canadiens Ducks ( Mar 9 )

Devils Canadiens ( Mar 11 )

Senators Canadiens ( Mar 13 )

Islanders Canadiens ( Mar 15 )

Blues Canadiens ( Mar 18 )

Canadiens Bruins ( Mar 20 )

Bruins Canadiens ( Mar 22)

Senators Canadiens ( Mar 24 )

Canadiens Sabres ( Mar 28 )

Canadiens Maple Leafs ( Mar 29 )

Canadiens Senators ( Apr 1 )

Sabres Canadiens ( Apr 3 )

Maple Leafs Canadiens ( Apr 5 )

Actually i beleive our 3rd to last game is against the Sens on April 1st followed by Buffalo and the Laffs.

Then that would be our EPD ;)

In order to have such nice graphs I have to do a lot of it manually, so it's good someone is checking these for accuracy :D Normally chocolate would be on top of it an on my case PMing me within 60 seconds, but unfortunately for us he will be unable to keep up with all his duties for a week or so while he's on his trip.

In the meantime he asked if anyone would like to volunteer for his spot. I believe NWT and myself are the only one who have done this in the past, and neither of us can withstand any additional work. If anyone wants to volunteer you should let chocolate know ;)

Guest Tamara84
HLD_sig.jpg

WE’RE NUMBER 1 (ish)

POST.jpg

It was an exciting back to back games. The first one I watched but not on Sunday. Now were number 1 and we always be. Toronto is last that's the best thing I've heard.

Guest hatethoseleafs
Then that would be our EPD ;)

In order to have such nice graphs I have to do a lot of it manually, so it's good someone is checking these for accuracy :D Normally chocolate would be on top of it an on my case PMing me within 60 seconds, but unfortunately for us he will be unable to keep up with all his duties for a week or so while he's on his trip.

In the meantime he asked if anyone would like to volunteer for his spot. I believe NWT and myself are the only one who have done this in the past, and neither of us can withstand any additional work. If anyone wants to volunteer you should let chocolate know ;)

Was that a HINT???Are you trying to peddle more work on me again??? :P:lol::lol::lol:

Was that a HINT???Are you trying to peddle more work on me again??? :P:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Not at all. This is one job I would never push anyone into. Having created those macros, I would never go bak to running them. The stats generator is a heavy program, and if something goes wrong, or suggestions are made, one has to be able to understand the seven pages of links, formulas and macro text. Chocolate was a god send in that not only did he pick up and understand everything like it was 2 year olds 4 piece puzzle, but immediatelly started refining it and adding stuff to it.

For this simple fact I let him know that in his absence, although I will open the position to the public, I don't see it getting filled.

If there are volunteers however (you must be willing to rol;l up your sleeves and get in to the Excel dimension), than by all means contact chocolate. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is full heartedly dependent on those MN numbers :lol:

A long shot of course would be if NWT wants to jump in and help out for a week? NWT? I know you're busy but you think you can spare a week? :unsure:

Guest hatethoseleafs
:lol: Not at all. This is one job I would never push anyone into. Having created those macros, I would never go bak to running them. The stats generator is a heavy program, and if something goes wrong, or suggestions are made, one has to be able to understand the seven pages of links, formulas and macro text. Chocolate was a god send in that not only did he pick up and understand everything like it was 2 year olds 4 piece puzzle, but immediatelly started refining it and adding stuff to it.

For this simple fact I let him know that in his absence, although I will open the position to the public, I don't see it getting filled.

If there are volunteers however (you must be willing to rol;l up your sleeves and get in to the Excel dimension), than by all means contact chocolate. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is full heartedly dependent on those MN numbers :lol:

A long shot of course would be if NWT wants to jump in and help out for a week? NWT? I know you're busy but you think you can spare a week? :unsure:

If it involves more then pushing that on button,,, then that rules me out. :P It took me forever to learn about cut and paste. :lol::lol::lol:

hey!

you were conscious the last time they were even close to this good! some of us werent so lucky!(i was 5 so you mustve been 10 ish!)

i dont know where i could vent about this so i picked the one place i know it will be read with some reasoning!

i am so sick and tired of hearing a french canadian "all star" from some other team being linked with trade/signing rumours to montreal. its a load of poo to be respectful to the moderating team...lecavalier this, briere that, st louis this, tanguay that, brodeur this, esposito that!

god! you would think after the statement and a half that bob and the habs made by NOT drafting esposito people and the media would just drop all this "he wants to go to montreal" bull!

to quote some honest posters, weeping amongst them: if they wanted to be here so bad, they would already be here!

there over payed, over rated, and so full of themselves that i would puke my guts out and wear a TO jersey until the day i die before i ever see any of those hypocrites wear the bleu blanc rouge! the only time those colors should ever be on there disgraceful bodies is by bruises, snow and blood!

thank god bob gainey is in charge of this team, because its thanks to him that we are where we are and itll be thanks to him and him alone if we ever win a stanley cup ever again.

damned epsilons...sorry for being such a downer this one time...

-Matt

i dont know where i could vent about this so i picked the one place i know it will be read with some reasoning!

i am so sick and tired of hearing a french canadian "all star" from some other team being linked with trade/signing rumours to montreal. its a load of poo to be respectful to the moderating team...lecavalier this, briere that, st louis this, tanguay that, brodeur this, esposito that!

god! you would think after the statement and a half that bob and the habs made by NOT drafting esposito people and the media would just drop all this "he wants to go to montreal" bull!

to quote some honest posters, weeping amongst them: if they wanted to be here so bad, they would already be here!

there over payed, over rated, and so full of themselves that i would puke my guts out and wear a TO jersey until the day i die before i ever see any of those hypocrites wear the bleu blanc rouge! the only time those colors should ever be on there disgraceful bodies is by bruises, snow and blood!

thank god bob gainey is in charge of this team, because its thanks to him that we are where we are and itll be thanks to him and him alone if we ever win a stanley cup ever again.

damned epsilons...sorry for being such a downer this one time...

-Matt

Good vent and a point well taken. However can you honestly tell me that if Vinny (for whatever reason) decided to have an epiphany and take a salary cut to come play in Montreal when his contract is up, would you still boo him? I certainly would embrace him with flailing hands if he came at the right price (which we can all be assured Bob would not pay a cent over).

Good vent and a point well taken. However can you honestly tell me that if Vinny (for whatever reason) decided to have an epiphany and take a salary cut to come play in Montreal when his contract is up, would you still boo him? I certainly would embrace him with flailing hands if he came at the right price (which we can all be assured Bob would not pay a cent over).

honestly: yes i would still boo him.

i dislike them all in general. they make there careers by saying "id like to go to montreal" and then make money elsewhere and when montreal needed them...they were nowhere to be found.

maybe it is just me and my blindness to the hockey-business aspect, but i cant stand that kind of player and probably never will stand them. and it isnt the fact that hes french or that hes from montreal. its just the hipocrisy of it all!

its just as bad as bandwagon jumpers!

yay the team is winning! i love my team!

what the habs in last place? me a habs fan? ha! no way! they suck!

it drives me up the wall!

Guest chocolate

Hi everyone, as hld mentioned, I would not be able to continue maintain stats report for prediction game, for the next couple of weeks. I will continue to do all other number stuff, starting with bonus analysis:

MN Bonus available for 2008.02.19:

...1 or 2 bonuses - if NY Rangers lose to Montreal - 4 MN points game

Home-ice Bonus

...1 or 2 bonuses - if Pittsburgh loses to Florida

Conference/Division Bonus

...1 or 2 bonuses - if Ottawa loses to Philadelphia

MN pace - 2.1 points per habs game

Next MN milestone: 25 - current Mn forecast: Mar. 2nd

Member predictions:

#1 - Mar 1st, vs. NJ (made on Feb.6, MN 46)

Admiral - Mar 3rd, vs. SJ (Feb.6, MN 46)

Chocolate - Feb 26th, vs. Atl (Feb.8, MN 44)

CH - Mar 6th, vs Phx (Feb 13, MN 43)

Reached milestones:

MN 125 - Nov.13th, predicted by AK (Oct. 29, MN 141)

MN 99 - Dec.15th, predicted by HLD (Nov. 15, MN 123)

MN 75 - Jan.8th, predicted by HHFR (Dec. 22, MN 99)

MN 50 - Feb.2nd, predicted by mateus (Jan. 15, MN 71)

MN on Oct. 2 was - 165

MN on Oct. 31 was - 139 (drop by 26 in 11 games, pace 2.36)

MN on Nov. 30 was - 113 (drop by 26 in 14 games, pace 1.86)

MN on Dec. 31 was - 86 (drop by 27 in 14 games, pace 1.92)

MN on Jan. 31 was - 52 (drop by 34 in 12 games, pace 2.83)

Current MN - 37 (drop by 15 in 9 games in February, pace 1.67)

Note, the pace of 2 MN points per habs game is the border line between playoffs and golf pastures. If the pace is higher then 2, the habs are heading to the playoffs. If it is less than 2, we are out. If it is exactly 2, it is a tie break situation.

MN forecast by the end of February - 26 (at the beginning of February the forecast was 21, the best is 21 and the worst 26).

Archived