The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

New York Rangers @ Montreal | Feb. 19 2008 | Final: 6-5 Habs (s/o)

jl-1

This thread has been so much better the last couple of weeks with the NEW mods. You can actually voice your opinion and argue with these mods without them giving you warnings and acting like they have a police badge. Thank you weeping and roy and kindred for these last 2 weeks

Since this hasn't been adressed, I shall respond:

It means a lot coming from someone who's had multiple warnings and even got banned. It's like asking a criminal what he thinks of the law. Carries a lot of weight! ;)

As for the game tonight, here's hoping for a solid effort and ultimately, a win.

Guest CanadianMike

Besides a Habs win and a goal by Chris Higgins all I ask is for Saku to stay out of the box!! <_<

Kovy scoring more than 1 goal..very possible. HAT TRICK Kovy..go for it!

Guest keithman

i had a dream there was a bench brawl. i dunno how....it was messed up. i must be dreaming habs now.

anyways, I hope habs can take the rangers down, we had them last game.

Guest habsgal

This is a huge game confidence wise. The Rangers are in a dog fight right now and we don't need to be an answer yet once again to their glimmer of hope at making the play-offs. Kick them while their down. We need an answer to Hollweg and company should the choppiness come into play - and we know that it will. More importantly, that kind of game always takes Kovi off his game. And that, as we saw time and again, spirals the team for the remaining of the game(s). Set the tone and don't get pushed around. Capitalize on their weak blue-line. Move our feet and be strong in the speciality team department.

Pleks will be o the score sheet for three points this evening. :D

GO HABS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :wub:

Does anyone else HATE the RANGERS...nothing about this team with the exception of Shanahan and Drury is likeable.

I hope O'Byrne or Komisarek crushes Avery.

GO HABS GO - don't lose to these guys again!

Guest HabSteve
Does anyone else HATE the RANGERS...nothing about this team with the exception of Shanahan and Drury is likeable.

lol I was just about to write about how Avery will have to face Komisarek again

should be quite a battle

Guest CanadianMike

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE they are up there on my HATE list right after the leafs, bruins and canes. Their fans don't help their cause any either. <_< Them not making the playoffs would be a nice start for me come playoff time.

2 points Habs. no need to let this game go into O/T/shootout.

HABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After losing 3 in a row to them, I've jumped on the "Hate the Rangers" bandwagon. I used to hate Boston more but how can you this year, I love them :)

"Price is In, We must Win, Or it will be a Sin" (man, I'm a poet and didn;t know it) :blink:

Guest Hairy Snepsts

Price - keep up the solid play.

Koivu - looked a little better last game. I've been on his case all season. Time for him to step it up and stop with the offensive zone hooking penalties.

Higgins - keep working hard. People bash him but he brings a solid 2 way effort every game. I feel a big night tonight.

Kovy-Pleks-Kost - poetry in motion.

Gorges and Bouillion - keep it simple like you have been. Improving every game.

Brisebois - keep supporting the team by buying hot dogs in the press box.

I am really starting to dislike the Rangers. One thing we can't discount in the Rangers speed. We have some fast players, but the Rangers also have some very fast forwards. Especially the Drury/Straka/Callahan line. Watch out for this line as it plays with a tun of energy. Avery is now on the Jagr line to protect him a bit and also because they can't find anyone to fit with him this season. You also have to be careful of the Gomez line. The Rangers are no slouches as they work hard, skate fast, and are a very physical team. We will have to ignore their cheap shots as best as possible and win the game.

There are a few players I think are good guys like Straka, Drury, Shanahan, Lundqvuist, and a few of their younger players. The two players I really don't like are Avery and Halloweg. Those two players are making me hate the whole team.

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB
I'd love to see a fan along the glass with a sign with a picture of Komi and Elisha Cuthbert, with something like:

"Hey Avery... size does matter!"

HAHAHA Maybe that's what they will be talking about tonight.

Guest NewfieHab

So Hollweig (sp??) says what goes around comes around in regards to Kovalev's 'Great' hit on him, I hope Komi gets a hold of him and gives him something to be pissed about!!! Hope they beat them all over the ice and smoke them on the scoreboard

I'd love to see it 5-1 Habs, but I'll settle for any win..lol

GO HABS GO

So Hollweig (sp??) says what goes around comes around in regards to Kovalev's 'Great' hit on him, I hope Komi gets a hold of him and gives him something to be pissed about!!! Hope they beat them all over the ice and smoke them on the scoreboard

I'd love to see it 5-1 Habs, but I'll settle for any win..lol

GO HABS GO

This is the ***** the Rangers will use as motivation. They will say Kovy is a dirty player and rally around that. The only reason Kovy went after Halloweg was to protect himself from his goonery. He is right in that what comes around goes around though. I hope someone slams his ugly face into the boards like he did to little Sergei Kostitsyn who had nothing to do with the play.

Archived