The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Montreal @ San Jose | Mar. 3 2008 | Final: 6-4 San Jose + Officials

jl-1

Guest AlexK
Their team leader in goals can't possibly only have 20 goals, i gotta go check that out.

edit: oh man, it's true. their scoring is more evened out than ours is. I hope the d and lapierre are in for some tight defensive hockey.

I just looked it up and we have 9 guys with 10 or more goals. They have 8 guys with 10 or more goals so they aren't quite as spread out. Our guys with 10 or more goals also have more goals then theirs. We also have 4 guys with 20 or more goals. Still defense will be the key to winning in the playoffs so it's best to start getting ready now.

Guest habs domination

has carbo said that price is starting tommorow.....don't be surprised if halak gets his first start of the year

Guest Habs_Mania

One of my best friends is a big Sharks fan so I've been following them alot this season and if there is any 1 team that reminds me of this year's Habs... it is this year's Sharks. They are a team team like us, offense can come from anywhere and they have great goaltending. They seem to always win on the same days we win and lose on the same days we lose. While they tend to play a bit more of a defensive game, this is our mirror team in the NHL. Like Ricochet said, we need to get the first goal, if not the first two goals. Don't bother trying to pickpocket Thornton of the puck because it is near impossible to do but rather clog up his passing lanes and let Price worry about him if he decides to shoot (which he doesn't do too often).

My fav Habs game of the 05-06 season was when we played the sharks at the Bell Centre. here are the highlights of our last game against them:

java script:openTVHighlightGame('20052006',%202,%20660,%20null,%20false,%20'www')

(it doesn't work as a link, just copy paste)

Guest overlords
has carbo said that price is starting tommorow.....don't be surprised if halak gets his first start of the year

i think if this boucher guy gets the call in nets halak may as well.

Guest Habs_Mania

You very well could be right but I hope you're not. I think we need to play our best against the Sharks. Use Halak against Gretzky's team on Thursday or else the Queens on Saturday.

Guest concreteveins

Wow. The Sharks only have one twenty goal scorer. Wow.

Wow. The point gap between Thorton, 1st on the team, and Michalek, 2nd on the team, is about 30 points. Wow.

And for some strange reason....I have bad gut feeling...

Guest Ricochet

I can't get that highlight reel link to work at all. Copy paste doesn't work either. I think you need to add the site url before it?

Price will start. We need to bring everything we have to start this trip on the right foot. I don't recommend playing around with western teams at all, but if you have to, definitely do it with the Kings or Coyotes before the Sharks. Even then, don't underestimate the teams lower in the standings, changing goaltenders is fine, playing with less effort is not.

Guest Eye_Heart_Gorges26

hey now! those pictures aren't funny. okay slightly funny.

i can't wait. =D this is going to be a good game....and I can't wait for the Habs chants to start up. I love it. I'll be attempting to go along with it.

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

I hope that I don't stay up late to see a bad game!

Very important game though, we have to start the trip on the right foot.

Score 3 goals and the game is most likely over. So let's do that!

GO HABS GO!

Guest mtl1010
I love the 10:30 start time for this game...work, dinner, gym and bam! hockey game... :lol:

I hate the 10:30 start time for this game...school, homework, dinner, shower and bam! first period only then bed time cause of school :lol::(

Guest Habsgirl3823
^hahahahaha bed time.

that feels so long ago. See, in last years of university...you barely sleep. hahaha.

Haha, I can vouch for that... I'm a senior right now. I'll have my Bachelors in May... Many sleepless nights.

Guest WindsorHab#10
Should be a good game lets hope Rivet doesn't burn us
I hope Koivu beats the living crap out of Rivet. OK, just kidding. May be Gorges will do us the honor.
I hate late starting games!GO HABS, GO!!!!!!!!And we can't take this one for granted, like King-Carey said. No game is a sure win. I BELIEVE! GO HABS!
I love it because I'm working afternoons this week. Should make it home just in time.

Guest Eye_Heart_Gorges26
I hope Koivu beats the living crap out of Rivet. OK, just kidding. May be Gorges will do us the honor.I love it because I'm working afternoons this week. Should make it home just in time.

i'm sorry, i laugh at Josh beating up Rivet. I really find that funny. I do hope he does good...I seriously want him to score a goal too. Boy keeps trying and trying! Just can't connect. :(

Guest overlords
I hate the 10:30 start time for this game...school, homework, dinner, shower and bam! first period only then bed time cause of school :lol::(

haha, for me it's school work and bam hockey! Yeah that's right. I get up at 6:50, leave at 7:00, leave school at 6pm for work, get back at midnight. That's what you call one hell of a bad day :D

Guest habsrule4eva3089
haha, for me it's school work and bam hockey! Yeah that's right. I get up at 6:50, leave at 7:00, leave school at 6pm for work, get back at midnight. That's what you call one hell of a bad day :D

A Habs win'll make it all better. :) lol

Guest mtl1010

lol. I'm only in grade 8 so I wont know how that feels like right now :D:P

Guest keithman
Haha, I can vouch for that... I'm a senior right now. I'll have my Bachelors in May... Many sleepless nights.

glad I'm not alone here.

but I do find time to watch the 82 habs games/year.

and will make time for all playoff matches.

Guest QbGamer

I think this is the first time we will be playing Rivet, im pretty sure he will have a steller game against us, and the same will go for Joshy Georges

Guest habsrule4eva3089
glad I'm not alone here.

but I do find time to watch the 82 habs games/year.

and will make time for all playoff matches.

don't forget that parade in june...

Guest Innis_Mor
Rivet didn't want to have to clean the snow off his vehicle...

CraigRivet1.jpg

Thanks to Evelye for the pic.

:lol: LOL!! :lol:

As I looked at the picture, and before I read the caption, I thought Rivet was off to help the arena staff clean up the glass again, from another of his 'cannonators' thwacking the glass behind the opposition's net.

I have yet to see a player miss the net by 5-6 feet, with slapshots from the blueline, as regularly as Rivet. He was the master at it; or certainly while he was with the Habs. ;)

Archived