• Montreal in 7
    • Boston in 4
    • Boston in 5
    • Boston in 6
    • Boston in 7

Guest 1970 Habs

I thought this deserved a spot here. :D

2007-2008 Playoffs - MN Stanley = 12 wins

W00T!!! W00T!!! W00T!!! ... AND W00T!!! AGAIN!!!

Quote from the Wife... "See how they can play when they aren't held back... Carbo, write this behind your ears... THE TRAP IS CRAP, DON'T HOLD BACK!"

For the last half of the first period, the Habs were playing a passive defensive game again :( ... and Boston was once again pinning them down in their zone winning the battles etc ... Carey Price held the fort (thank goodness)... then the team got back to forcing the play in the second and third periods, forechecking like crazy (no 1-2-2 trap crap)... and voila... 5-0 for the boys in Bleu-Blanc-Rouge.

Penalty killing was perfect (STEVE BEGIN!!! ET AL!!!)

The zebras, try as they did to give the Bruins the advantage... penalizing the Habs as much as they could for little things while turning a blind eye towards the Bruins obvious transgressions, could not frustrate the Habs determination on this night.

And (heaven forbid... what/who got into Carbs head) ... playing Kovalev with Koivu... finally... in the seventh game of the series (for almost the entire game... not just one or two shifts).

And aside from Markov, who still hasn't played his best hockey, the talented players played the way they could and want to when given the chance.

This series did not have to be so hard for several reasons... but in the end the experience of surviving it and going out on a very positive high can only be a good thing going forward. Something important was learned by all I hope...

GO HABS GO!!!

Guest RockMtl
My sincerest congratulations to the Boston Bruins for a great and memorable series. They never let up and fought us to the end. Much respect for Julien and his team and as physical as they were all series they were classy till the end. Great job guys.

Well well my brother!! Very eloquent and good sportsmanship!!! Just so that everyone understands your very heart felt words - let me translate or put it in another way for some of the other posters - another words - this is what you really wanted to say -

Nana na naa na na naaaaa - Boston's out!!!!! na naa nana naaaa na goodbye Boston!!!!!! - nana na naaaa na naaaa!!!!!!!!

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
Well well my brother!! Very eloquent and good sportsmanship!!! Just so that everyone understands your very heart felt words - let me translate or put it in another way for some of the other posters - another words - this is what you really wanted to say -

Nana na naa na na naaaaa - Boston's out!!!!! na naa nana naaaa na goodbye Boston!!!!!! - nana na naaaa na naaaa!!!!!!!!

LMAOOOOOOOO BRO, you know me too well :lol:

Guest RockMtl
LMAOOOOOOOO BRO, you know me too well :lol:

LOL - all good bro!!

On a serious note - I'm one of those fans who get's very frustrated as in games 5 and 6, knowing that our Habs could play better and they were not. That's one of the reasons I was very anxious for tonights game. BUT - FINALLY - I recognized the team in the 2nd and 3rd period of the game. There were so many aspects of the game that CAME BACK and at one point and time I yelled out at the TV - "That's MORE like it!".

Welcome back Habs - WELCOME BACK CAREY !!! - We missed you guys!!!

Guest 1970 Habs
Why? Not enough traffic "there"? ;):lol:

Very constructive JL. :blink:

Because I felt it was a good post that I thought others might like to read (except yourself it seems).

Very constructive JL. :blink:

Because I felt it was a good post that I thought others might like to read (except yourself it seems).

Ah I see... those who don't bother to read "there"... :P

But that just my opinion, of course. :D

EDIT: I'm pulling your leg BTW. ;)

There's something I want to do here, and I would like to encourage all members to do the same. I want to give a big round of applause to Claude Julien and the Boston Bruins. Yes, I know it's hard, but they deserve it. Julien took a scrappy, battered team minus its best scorer (Bergeron) and beset all year long by injuries and dragged it into the playoffs with good old fashioned hard work, grit, and determination. They never quit despite being down 1-3 in the series and came back to push us to the limit. They battled hard, but clean. There were no dirty hits or questionable tactics, just blue-collar hockey. If Julien doesn't get consideration for the Jack Adams Trophy, I'll be very disappointed. I've always liked him, and felt he got a raw deal both in Montreal and in New Jersey.

Best of luck, Claude, and see you in the trenches next season! :)

Guest KORDIC3131

i'LL join in and give kudos to these Bruins.That is one hard working team..and gave the Habs all they could handle and more. Great coaching job,no dirty plays,and what can I say about Chara,hate the guy but what a force and all with an injury.What a difference in the penalty killing with him off the ice.Looked like a different team.I'd take him on my team anyday but until he is I'll xcontinue hating him LOL

Guest krzbbie

that was close.. like either we continue watching our habs and wait for our future opponents.. or no more habs game until october :blink: but we've finally won :lol: but yea claude julien did a great job and his team really battled with us

Guest Beantown_Girl

Guys great series all 7 games. I am very proud of my team who forced a game 7 against a first seeded team . At first i said dam we are done but being an avid fan as i am i believed and they showed me that they can play with the big boys. I was humlbe throughout the whole series. Good luck to your team and may the best team win

Guest Highspeed969
There's something I want to do here, and I would like to encourage all members to do the same. I want to give a big round of applause to Claude Julien and the Boston Bruins. Yes, I know it's hard, but they deserve it. Julien took a scrappy, battered team minus its best scorer (Bergeron) and beset all year long by injuries and dragged it into the playoffs with good old fashioned hard work, grit, and determination. They never quit despite being down 1-3 in the series and came back to push us to the limit. They battled hard, but clean. There were no dirty hits or questionable tactics, just blue-collar hockey. If Julien doesn't get consideration for the Jack Adams Trophy, I'll be very disappointed. I've always liked him, and felt he got a raw deal both in Montreal and in New Jersey.

I agree 100%! Great post Weep!

Guest jennifer_rocket

You're darn right. It was an awesome series, both teams played awesome hockey!

I don't even think there was one fight the entire series!

I admired Boston's game through games 2 - 6. They looked like a compelling team!

Montreal came out on top, but Boston played excellent, too.

Guest vegasrick

Good post, and all very true. I was especially impressed with the clean play in the series. I remember Zednik getting killed in a Boston series, so I was hoping we would see none of that. And I've never hated the Bruins or Claude Julien, so it's not hard to be a good sport with good sports. They played their hearts out, and challenged us big time. If we just took one more game off, they would be advancing to the second round and not us. We also benefitted from them pushing us to our limits and beyond, and we're a better team for it. So it's all good!

Guest Steckle

just like to say way to go Boston they played great and i dont think anyone expected them to play so good and either did the habs

it was a great series and will be exciting to watch a fully healthy boston team next year

Archived