• Montreal in 5
    • Montreal in 6
    • Montreal in 7
    • Boston in 4
    • Boston in 5
    • Boston in 6
    • Boston in 7

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
Here's a great read from the Boston Globe, article by Kevin Paul Dupont who's not going easy on the Bruins. It's worth the read as I had a few good chuckles reading it. :D

Now thre's a reporter that really loves his Boston Bruins (and I'm not being sarcastic). That is a very good attempt on his part to getting them fired up for game 2. Reverse psychology 101 ;)

Guest LarryRobinson
The way the Habs played the physical side of the game last night, I wouldn't be putting Bergeron into the lineup.

If Im the Bruins org I do not even consider bringing Bergeron back. You are talking a serious concussion to arguably a franchise type player and the idea of bringing him back for a handful of games in a series they cant realistically figure they have a great shot of winning. The risk - his entire career. The reward - maybe winning a series. Even if the doctors give him a go ahead, I'd give him the next 4 months off rather than risk a Komi body check into the boards.

In Dupont's article posted above, I had to laugh at the comment in bold...

Now, is Price a good goalie? Seems so, according to his pedigree and résumé. The news clips say it, too, but his 60-minute exercise against the Bruins was more a test in not dozing off than it was in stopping the puck. The Bruins mustered only 18 shots, and other than the one Shane Hnidy ticked by him, no more than two or three of the remaining 17 were anything more than a beer league goalie would have to stop.

:lol:

Guest Greek Hab
If Im the Bruins org I do not even consider bringing Bergeron back. You are talking a serious concussion to arguably a franchise type player and the idea of bringing him back for a handful of games in a series they cant realistically figure they have a great shot of winning. The risk - his entire career. The reward - maybe winning a series. Even if the doctors give him a go ahead, I'd give him the next 4 months off rather than risk a Komi body check into the boards.

100% agree. I even herd that you can even see the loss of weight in the guy's face(skeleton look). If Bergeon doesn't meet the average weight standard, and Boston wants to put him on ice...the first thing I do if I'm Carbo is send Begin and Kostopoulos on him.

Guest King-Carey-31
PJ just said Chara might have a seperated shoulder. - Team990

Take this with a grain of salt.

I noticed he looked really hurt after taking a hit from someone, and i mean really sore.

Guest Innis_Mor

from the article ... :

"If one were to mask some of the European names on the backs of those sweaters, and simply focus on the Canadiens' speed and playmaking, they looked frighteningly like their Flying Frenchmen forebears."

Well, yes, except faster!! :D

Guest Innis_Mor
Yup. It's all talk (getting back in). He'll have no timing, his radar will be off kilter, and the Bruins chances are slim to none as it is, of winning the Stanley Cup. They'll keep him for next season.

The smart decision all around.

Guest shamrun
PJ just said Chara might have a seperated shoulder. - Team990

Take this with a grain of salt.

I have been doing some searching on his injury and came up with nothing. If it is true, then all the more reason to finish our checks on him. Without him in the line up the bruins chances are slim to none.

Guest muskeg
Yup. It's all talk (getting back in). He'll have no timing, his radar will be off kilter, and the Bruins chances are slim to none as it is, of winning the Stanley Cup. They'll keep him for next season.

The smart decision all around.

I'm with this sentiment as well. Patrice is one of, if not my favorite player in the NHL right now and I want nothing more than to see him in action again, but not until he is absolutely 100%...which is definitely not right now.

Desperate times call for desperate measures in Boston's case and if Bergeron is cleared to play and tells Julien that he wants in, you better believe that they'll play him. How much of a factor can he be? Remember when Koivu came back from cancer... granted the injury isn't the same, but I wouldn't underestimate the impact he could have on his team though.

Guest Hoyle00cdn

I think it's mandatory now for NHL teams to fully disclose injuries to the media, to avoid media harassments like the Koivu eye incident. If Chara was injured we would have heard something by now.

I think it's mandatory now for NHL teams to fully disclose injuries to the media, to avoid media harassments like the Koivu eye incident. If Chara was injured we would have heard something by now.

If I'm not mistaken, they only have to be more specific on injuries if the player misses games. They don't declare injuries if the player is in the line-up. I could be wrong though...

There's lots of loopholes they can use. Also just because the NHL asks for something doesn't mean teams have to comply. Montreal called Komisarek's injury a "lower body injury" for quite awhile (the NHL didn't like it mind you)

There's lots of loopholes they can use. Also just because the NHL asks for something doesn't mean teams have to comply. Montreal called Komisarek's injury a "lower body injury" for quite awhile (the NHL didn't like it mind you)

The request from the NHL we're talking about came AFTER this whole Komisarek blur.

Guest Innis_Mor

...found this, to tide you all over, 'till puck drop tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5tNCyQ3Cko

(my have we scored that many goals on he Bruins this year? .... already? :D )

Pregame (Ron McLean, but, still ... ;) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5tNCyQ3Cko

Pregame -- Part Deux!!:

Excellent post-game analysis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuW1X6Ig-io

;):lol:

Guest fansince1975

I think Montreal will run over the Bruins on Saturday night and then back the truck back over them. 7-0 kind of score. My reasons: 1) rookies will be less nervous 2) players like 2nd year Latendresse in first playoffs will be less nervous 3) Price will play even better 4) I think Chara is hurt and at the very least will not be a factor on Bruins PP 5) one or two new faces will enter the lineup for Montreal making the team even better 6) Thomas will implode after giving up 3rd goal on Saturday 7) Bruins forwards will face a mountain called Price and give up 8) Kovalev will not miss empty net again this year 9) the PP will score at least 2 goals 10) all 4 lines have the ability or work ethic to go after more goals 11) Montreal will deliver even more body checks, Komi was pleasant in his first game back and I expect O'Byrne back in the lineup to deliver some big hits

Really nice Boston Globe article posted by JL.

Except I disagree with part of the Globe article. Montreal is a very fast team, today. But IMHO Lafleur, Lemaire, Cournoyer, Gainey, Lapointe, and other players from the 1970 Dynasty teams were simpy scary fast. And that was with much poorer quality skates back then and the ice is even better today. They could fly. Now Montreal today is fast in the watered down 30 team NHL and it is great that the players are fast but until they can do what those players did back in the late 70s I would consider the 1975-76 team to be the fastest team I have ever seen. Faster then the Oilers of the late 80s.

Guest Anetéchrist
damn we scored some sweet goals against boston this year

And you know what the best part of it is ?

We still have three games to score some more :lol:

Guest Koivu4PM

ahhhhhhhhh, finaly done exams! I CAN NOT wait to get to some serious (pop) drinking and watching the Canadiens go all the way! whoooooo, going to be a sweet month(s)!

Guest Ritcey_#12

Well we all seem to be getting ahead of ourselves no dont we.. Its playoff hockey, anyone can beat anyone.. And we will probably will see Auld sometime soon.. lets hope he doesnt pull a Cam Ward on us.. GO HABS GO!!

Except I disagree with part of the Globe article. Montreal is a very fast team, today. But IMHO Lafleur, Lemaire, Cournoyer, Gainey, Lapointe, and other players from the 1970 Dynasty teams were simpy scary fast. And that was with much poorer quality skates back then and the ice is even better today. They could fly. Now Montreal today is fast in the watered down 30 team NHL and it is great that the players are fast but until they can do what those players did back in the late 70s I would consider the 1975-76 team to be the fastest team I have ever seen. Faster then the Oilers of the late 80s.

Oh so true. There are absolutely no comparisons between the two teams.

Archived