Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

Best Bar Or Restaurant To Watch Habs Game?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_STLBijoux_*

Guest_STLBijoux_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:54 PM

if it has great food and good service and tv's biggrin.gif

#2 Guest_Bud2790_*

Guest_Bud2790_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:08 PM

-Cage aux Sports
-Baton rouge bar (they have AMAZING food!!)
-Mike's usually has a couple TV's neer the bar

I don't know of any others really..

#3 Guest_Hangar18_*

Guest_Hangar18_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:59 AM

Cage Aux Sports
Baton Rouge

Definitely the best ones. biggrin.gif

#4 Guest_Komi4MVP_*

Guest_Komi4MVP_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:05 AM

Any La Cage restaurants in the area (I prefer the Bell Centre and Rene Levesque ones)

I also like Champs on St-Laurent

#5 Guest_habsfan321_*

Guest_habsfan321_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:16 PM

La Cage au Sport is #1.

There's also Boston Pizza. There are alot more TV's in the bar then the restaurant though.

#6 Guest_bigsby_*

Guest_bigsby_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:20 PM

chez serge on st. laurent. (it's new)

flat screens and the sound is amazing.

they sell hotdogs and have a dj that plays during commercial breaks.

the only downside: word got out quickly so it's tough to get a seat.

edit: it's a bar not a restaurant.

Edited by bigsby, 09 April 2008 - 01:22 PM.

#7 Guest_Bud2790_*

Guest_Bud2790_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

Le Journal de Montreal had an article on the restaurant/bars where you can go watch the games...

Jack Astor's
Hooters
Brasserie next to the Henri-Bourassa metro

#8 Guest_Buccanadien_*

Guest_Buccanadien_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:50 AM

When I'm in Montreal I always make it a point to go to Champs on boulevard St-Laurent (practically across the street from Schwartz's), whether it's to watch either of my teams (Canadiens or Tampa Bay Buccaneers), or a soccer game ... or for that matter, any sporting event. This is what I did when I was here during the Presidents Day holiday weekend in the U.S., watching the Canadiens play the Flyers in Philadelphia.

QUOTE(Bud2790 @ Apr 9 2008, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Le Journal de Montreal had an article on the restaurant/bars where you can go watch the games...

Jack Astor's
Hooters
Brasserie next to the Henri-Bourassa metro

I didn't realize that there was a Hooters in the Montreal area until I looked it up on their website. (Although, I was once at a restaurant that gave me some idea of what that franchise could be if it ... uh ... went to the next level. wink.gif )

But, seriously, I'm now curious - how do you get to their restaurant at Greenfield Park (according to the website) by bus/métro?

#9 Guest_Bud2790_*

Guest_Bud2790_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE(Buccanadien @ Apr 16 2008, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I'm in Montreal I always make it a point to go to Champs on boulevard St-Laurent (practically across the street from Schwartz's), whether it's to watch either of my teams (Canadiens or Tampa Bay Buccaneers), or a soccer game ... or for that matter, any sporting event. This is what I did when I was here during the Presidents Day holiday weekend in the U.S., watching the Canadiens play the Flyers in Philadelphia.
I didn't realize that there was a Hooters in the Montreal area until I looked it up on their website. (Although, I was once at a restaurant that gave me some idea of what that franchise could be if it ... uh ... went to the next level. wink.gif )

But, seriously, I'm now curious - how do you get to their restaurant at Greenfield Park (according to the website) by bus/métro?

You'd probably have to contact someone from the bus/metro system, but the metro takes you to Longueil and you'd need to take a bus from there (but i don't live on the Southshore, so i don't know the buses)

#10 Guest_ComeBackStanley_*

Guest_ComeBackStanley_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE(Buccanadien @ Apr 16 2008, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can go to bonaventure and go through the doors that lead to quai sud (i think its south might be north oops lol) and then you cn take the 45 to brossard (make sure to take a transfer) and then take the 54 down tachreau.

or

you can take the metro all the way to longeuil (yellow line) and then from there you can take either the 4 or 54 down tachereau (about a 10 minute bus ride) and there's probably a few other buses that go close. The 1 is not to far but it doesn't run along tachereau. just crosses it. don't know the other buses though.

People have told me the food wasn't particularly great i haven't gone yet myself.

as for bars. Reggie's haha ok kidding. but its in my school so it works when i have class before a game lol

I'ld say cage is the one place i've been with great atmosphere, just hard to get a seat especially during the playoffs (well during weekends anyways, went on a monday once during the carolina series and there was like no one lol)

#11 Guest_jefflee_*

Guest_jefflee_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(Buccanadien @ Apr 16 2008, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i like hooter's ..kind of hard to watch the game though. biggrin.gif that and the fact that they walk up to me and say ..(so like gee do you like hockey or something ?)

#12 Guest_lecavalierrocks_*

Guest_lecavalierrocks_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

I went to the Hooter's in Greenfield park, defenitly not very impressive, maybe I'm saying that because Im a girl lol, but I also think the guys were "meh" about it too...

And althought ppl dont really go there for the food, lol, the Food Sucked! and there was no hockey on the screens, just NFL games.

Well, I guess it's to be experienced. but we went after it had just opened, maybe it's better now!

#13 JuniorSTLB

JuniorSTLB

Veteran / Vétéran

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Buccanadien @ Apr 16 2008, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they opened it up in the fall of 07 . I was in New Jersey at a barnes and nobles looking at there magazine they metioned they have restaurants all over the world. I believe it said they opened up in Montreal in the Fall.

#14 LeafHater

LeafHater

Draft pick / Choix au repêchage

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (Lafleurfan2 @ May 20 2008, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they opened it up in the fall of 07 . I was in New Jersey at a barnes and nobles looking at there magazine they metioned they have restaurants all over the world. I believe it said they opened up in Montreal in the Fall.

hmmm that sounds about right lol. i don't actually remember but yeah if it wasn't fall it was at the end of the summer