The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Official 2008 Nhl Draft Discussion Thread

HabsAdmin

Does Fletcher knows the game has changed? He's drafting for size only with the exception of Stefanovich. None of the 7 players he's drafted so far is smaller than 6' 2.

They'll plow their way to the net.

I don't care what rules they bring in, size is still important.

I never said it's not important. But if you only have players with size on your team you won't go far. You need the right mixture between size and skill. Toronto needs some skill. They already have size. We need size and draft for skill. Finding players who have size and skill is very hard especially when you don't draft in the top 5.

I never said it's not important. But if you only have players with size on your team you won't go far. You need the right mixture between size and skill. Toronto needs some skill. They already have size. We need size and draft for skill. Finding players who have size and skill is very hard especially when you don't draft in the top 5.

I would take a team of BIG, fast and skilled players anyday.

Just because you are big does not mean you can't skate, or are unskilled.

Just because they have size, doesn't mean they don't have smarts, speed, quickness, balance, etc. That just makes them even more likely to succeed. Can't replace size.

The Canadiens draft success is nothing to sneeze at - i suspect they know exactly what they are doing.

Great time to grab players from Russia IMO. Especially if you are a team that can now take chances and wait. Which the Habs def can now afford to do.

I would take a team of BIG, fast and skilled players anyday.

Just because you are big does not mean you can't skate, or are unskilled.

Who wouldn't take a team of big, fast and skilled players? But the big, fast and skilled players are drafted earlier with the exception of some draft sleepers.

Does this team have something against players over 6" it seems we are forever drafting small hockey players. They did'nt learn much from the play offs last year against Philly.We needed size and grit down the middle ended up drafting a guy 5"9'' WOW. Where's the logic?

Perhaps he will turn out at like Mats Naslund, Martin St Louis, or any other small player that has made it. At pick 206 it's a crap shoot. Here's hoping we hit the bullseye with this shot!

Welcome to the Habs draftee's and last but not least Mr. Tanguay.

Cheers

Does this team have something against players over 6" it seems we are forever drafting small hockey players. They did'nt learn much from the play offs last year against Philly.We needed size and grit down the middle ended up drafting a guy 5"9'' WOW. Where's the logic?

You clearly don't know much about some of the players in our system.

Ryan White (6'0", 212 lb)

Kyle Chipchura (6'2", 205 lb)

Maxim Lapierre (6'2", 196 lb)

Guillaume Latendresse (6'2", 229 lb)

And that's just off of the top of my head.

Archived