Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mauro-Biello

Maxim Trunev

142 posts in this topic

Was he even at the development or training camps?

from www.russianprospects.com

Maxim Trunev (Montreal Canadiens) scores, Severstal Cherepovets beats Ak Bars Kazan

Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) - In the 10/08 game between Severstal Cherepovets, Maxim Trunev (Montreal Canadiens) scored the 3-0 goal as the home team get the best of the KHL reigning champions with a 3-1 final score. The game's first goal has been scored by defenseman's Mikhail Kuklev, while at the thirty-second minute the mysteriously undrafted Maxim Chudinov got in front of the goal with great timing to one-time in a superb pass by Sergei Soin (Nashville Predators) behind the crease defended by Alexander Galimov. One minute later Maxim Trunev (Montreal Canadiens) went one-on-one with Evgeny Medvedev dribbling past him and getting into the zone. His first attempt has been rejected by Galimov, but then he got the puck back with his glove, adjusted it on the ice and shot it past Galimov while falling on the surface because of the heavy speed of his movement. This was Trunev's first goal of the season. A couple of minutes later Alexei Badyukov scored for the guests, but it was too late and Severstal got 3 well deserved points.

awesome. nice to see that he's doing well. I won't get my hopes up too much but I really hope that he along with Avtsin come on over.

I just don't see it ever happening with this kid. People really overrated that one tournament in my opinion. Maybe he'll be on the bus between Hamilton and Montreal at best.

Edited by Moneypuck

I just don't see it ever happening with this kid. People really overrated that one tournament in my opinion. Maybe he'll be on the bus between Hamilton and Montreal at best.

I will be surprised to see him leave Russia and the KHL.

Edited by 1970 Habs

I will be surprised to see him leave Russia and the KHL.

I agree because of what I just said. He doesn't have much of a future here, no reason to leave comfort and more money.

from www.russianprospects.com

Nikolai Kazakovtsev, Maxim Trunev (Montreal Canadiens) and Maxim Chudinov don't make the cut, Kirill Petrov (New York Islanders) in

U20 Four Nations Tournament (Russia) - As announced today by the FHR, Nikolai Kazakovtsev, Maxim Trunev (Montreal Canadiens) and Maxim Chudinov didn't make the cut for the 4 nations tournament roster to be played in St. Petesrburg, Russia, this weekend. Kazakovtsev has been sidelined by an injury, while Trunev and Chudinov has been taken out after advice by Severstal's doctors. Forwards Kirill Petrov (New York Islanders) and Evgeny Timkin have been called as subs.

Well at least it is not because of their play, it is more injury related. If they were not making the cut due to their play I would be a little worried about their development. All in all not a great concern.

Maxim will be on the preliminary roster for Team Russia's World Junior Team.

Maxim will be on the preliminary roster for Team Russia's World Junior Team.

Cool. It's nice to see some of our offensive prospects (Leblanc, Kristo, and now... TRUNEV) are being selected for the junior camps! Hopefully he makes the team and we can see him in action with Team Russia.

hes small

On Jan.18th, KHL Club Sevestal sent Trunev back to the MHL, Russia's version of the Major Junior ranks.

Obviously he is not lighting it up with the parent club in limited icetime, so he has been sent down to work on his game.

In three MHL contests since his arrival Jan.19th, Trunev has scored seven points, including a five-point outburst in his inaugural game.

On Jan.18th, KHL Club Sevestal sent Trunev back to the MHL, Russia's version of the Major Junior ranks.

Obviously he is not lighting it up with the parent club in limited icetime, so he has been sent down to work on his game.

In three MHL contests since his arrival Jan.19th, Trunev has scored seven points, including a five-point outburst in his inaugural game.

A month later and he had anotrher five point night one goal and four assists, his team winning 15-1.

After playing in the WJC this year on the first and second lines for Russia and playing well if not great. It appears Trunev remains unsigned at this point, I'm wondering if he will be at the July developement camp. This could be his chance to be truly evaluated by the Habs staff, it seems Avtsin will not be as he has signed on for another year with the newly formed OHK Moscow Dynamo of the KHL.

Anyone have anymore news on this guy???

He is signed up in the KHL until the end of 2010-11.

He is signed up in the KHL until the end of 2010-11.

He is now 6'0 and 190lbs up from 5'9 176lbs when drafted.

He is now 6'0 and 190lbs up from 5'9 176lbs when drafted.

I bet it's just people taking the measurements. I don't know anyone who grew 3 inches after the age of 18.

I'm going to guess he's 5'10", 185 lbs.