WEIGHT: 172

SHOOTS: RIGHT

BORN: 18 JUN 1990 (AGE 21)

BIRTHPLACE: EDINA, MN, UNITED STATES

DRAFTED: MTL / 2008 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

ROUND: 2ND (56TH OVERALL) PROSPECT BIO

from first impressions i like this kid

Is he going to be on the bulldogs?

Next season, he's headed to the University of North Dakota to play his college hockey.

We drafted another kid from Minnesota and the US NTDP! Sounds like Timmins and Gainey like the program they have there.

Kristo sounds like the typical forward that Gainey wants to draft. He has excellent skating ability, skills with the puck, and he has some tenacity to his game. Sounds like a few other players in the lineup, no? Gainey wants the Habs to play a fast paced brand of hockey. That sounds like Kristo's bread and butter. It's a good fit.

I really hope to see him at the World juniors! Anybody think he'll make the team? He'll only be 18...

Common theme with all our pucks... they can SKATE!!!! We will continue to have a fast team.

Definitely a Gainey type of player.

I like this pick-up a lot. He's not a big guy but it sounds like he's fast, creative, and strong. We have quite a talented team and good organizational depth so we can afford to wait for him.

I like this quote from canadiens.com -"I have a year of high school still to go and now that I’m headed to Montreal, I'll make sure to take a little extra French classes starting in the fall!"

Smart kid ;)

only video i could find, sneak peek if u wish;

only video i could find, sneak peek if u wish;

Wow he is fast and skates hard.

skates hard, backchecks, fights for the puck in the corners, screens the goalie, knows when to go to the net... he's pretty good alright.

I like him better than Pacioretty honestly....

He looks like Bleeker from Juno, and also the same actor who was a sidekick in superbad.

He looks like Bleeker from Juno, and also the same actor who was a sidekick in superbad.

Michael Cera ;) I can't really see the ressemblance.

You can't?

michael_cera.jpg

Kristo looks to be a heck of a skater from that video!!! He's got some pretty sleek skills with the puck too, and he shows some grit when he's working in the corners and in front of the net.

He does a lot of was backchecking in that video too. He seems to have a good sense of when to start backchecking, and when to keep attacking.

You can't?

Uh maybe a little but i think its only the hair. Danny has a flatter face and his eyes are more chipmunk like

In like 4 years almost the whole team will be american and they are playing on the canadiens.

In like 4 years almost the whole team will be american and they are playing on the canadiens.

Hey, if they're competing for Cups they can be from Mars. ;)

You can't?

michael_cera.jpg

ah man, every time i see Danny im going to think about superbad, lol

2008-09 he's finishing his last year of high school right?

Yes - could you imagine how popular he's going to be, having been drafted as a professional athlete lol?

Yes - could you imagine how popular he's going to be, having been drafted as a professional athlete lol?

Unless hes the quite type kid but still going to be populair. I wonder who will be the better player Max Paccriotty or Kristo?

Unless hes the quite type kid but still going to be populair. I wonder who will be the better player Max Paccriotty or Kristo?

I wonder how awesome that line is going to be in 5 years? ;)

you're really already comparing him to patches? Is kristo really that good? Wow. I haven't read up much on him but i doubt he's already touted as highly as paccioretty, or he would have been taken much sooner.