Patrick Johnson Center

Born Apr 21 1989 -- Madison, WI

Height 5.09 -- Weight 155

Selected by Montreal Canadiens round 7 #206 overall 2008 NHL Entry Draft

Regular Season Playoffs

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM

2006-07 Lincoln Stars USHL 49 11 16 27 50 4 1 0 1 14

2007-08 U. of Wisconsin NCAA 40 8 13 21 36

He is small but i have a feeling this wont be the only time we hear about him.

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick Johnson, C

Do you believe in miracles? How about bloodlines? Patrick Johnson is the son of Miracle on Ice participant Mark Johnson. He also has some familiarity with an existing member of the Canadiens organization.

“He’s played with [2007 first-round selection Ryan] McDonagh in the past,” Timmins said. “We see him becoming one of the more dominant players in college. He’s produced very well for a strong University of Wisconsin program, scoring 20 points in 36 games.”

The Madison, WI native’s smallish stature belies a passion for the game and heart that he’s displayed throughout the years. “He’s loaded with hockey sense and he’s a warrior,” Timmins said. “He’s just a very strong competitor.”

Source: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1046...8_draft_review/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Patrick Johnson, C

Do you believe in miracles? How about bloodlines? Patrick Johnson is the son of Miracle on Ice participant Mark Johnson. He also has some familiarity with an existing member of the Canadiens organization.

“He’s played with [2007 first-round selection Ryan] McDonagh in the past,” Timmins said. “We see him becoming one of the more dominant players in college. He’s produced very well for a strong University of Wisconsin program, scoring 20 points in 36 games.”

The Madison, WI native’s smallish stature belies a passion for the game and heart that he’s displayed throughout the years. “He’s loaded with hockey sense and he’s a warrior,” Timmins said. “He’s just a very strong competitor.”

Source: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1046...8_draft_review/

wasn't his grandfather *Bob Johnson* the one who coached the Pittsburg Penguins to their first of two Stanley Cups starting in 1991 before dying shortly then after, I think Bob Johnson also was an assistant coach for the 1980 Miracle On Ice Gold Medal Winning Hockey Team as well

wasn't his grandfather *Bob Johnson* the one who coached the Pittsburg Penguins to their first of two Stanley Cups starting in 1991 before dying shortly then after, I think Bob Johnson also was an assistant coach for the 1980 Miracle On Ice Gold Medal Winning Hockey Team as well

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid%5B%5D=26579

According to this Badger Bob was coaching U-of Wisconsin in 79-80; the year of Miracle.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Also got to see him play in Madison last weekend, along with McDonaugh. He's the smallest player on the Badgers but he plays hard and is a real likeable player, he's fun to watch. And yes, he is a Johnson, gotta love that.

I'm sure the ladies love it ;)

All joking aside, I hope at least one of these USHL/Collegiate dark horses finally pays off and develops into the scoring centre this team so desperately needs...Saku isn't getting any younger and as we've seen in more recent times, this team needs help and lots of it.

• 1 year later...
20071017_PP_PatrickJohnson_story.jpg

Patrick Johnson Center

Born Apr 21 1989 -- Madison, WI

Height 5.09 -- Weight 155

Selected by Montreal Canadiens round 7 #206 overall 2008 NHL Entry Draft

Regular Season Playoffs

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM

2006-07 Lincoln Stars USHL 49 11 16 27 50 4 1 0 1 14

2007-08 U. of Wisconsin NCAA 40 8 13 21 36

He is small but i have a feeling this wont be the only time we hear about him.

this kid is my size....... cept 15 pounds lighter

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Do we get a compensatory pick for not signing him?

Nope, the compensatory pick (e.g. for David Fischer and for Alexei Cherepanov) is only for not signing 1st rounders to an ELC despite making them an offer.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...