The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn Team 2008/2009 - Sign Up Thread

GIJAYNE

ha ha :lol: The TML boards have already begun bloom quotes for our entertainment.

I can only imagine the frustration in there when they realize theyy are contending for last seat in the Eastern Conference with Atlanta

Your bang on with that one HLD. Good thing though, all my friends are leaf fans :)

Okay... I've given this much thought (in the last thirty seconds give or take a few)...

w00t!!! w00t!!! w00t!!!

My apologies General... I couldn't help myself, but seeing as you seemed to be the only one that liked the idea of a discussion type format for scouts... I dedicate the w00tness to you :D

Three divisions = good idea = strong maybe

Three threads = yikes = I dunno... hard to give this a maybe

Unlimited scouts = limited optimism = whatever

...experience shows that scouts come and go (but that's okay since it is volunteer) and that's why rather than giving them defined duties that could be not fulfilled at times, I would like to see a simple update/discussion format for them... as well as providing updates on a given team, they start the discussions, respond to others who jump in by providing info they are able to find etc. ...and they can participate in other scout's discussions if they like...

This I believe generates a spirit of comeraderie among scouts and other members... I also believe that either HLD's "Mn The Countdown - The Official Update" should be in this thread or vice versa as it in effect him taking the lead with discussion on past and upcoming Habs games ( he is the Habs scout number one IMO).

I can understand the fear that the one thread would be cumbersome perhaps, but I think it would make sense.

I still believe one person should post game preview links and schedule for the entire Eastern Conference as it helps those participating in the predictions game by having this information in a timely fashion.

The Admiral

PS HTL... seniority gives you whatever team you select before anyone else with my blessing (if that really means anything eh :lol: )

PS HTL... seniority gives you whatever team you select before anyone else with my blessing (if that really means anything eh :lol: )

Is seniority and senility the same thing??? :P In that case ,,,,i like the N.E. division. ;)

Okay... I've given this much thought (in the last thirty seconds give or take a few)...

w00t!!! w00t!!! w00t!!!

My apologies General... I couldn't help myself, but seeing as you seemed to be the only one that liked the idea of a discussion type format for scouts... I dedicate the w00tness to you :D

Three divisions = good idea = strong maybe

Three threads = yikes = I dunno... hard to give this a maybe

Unlimited scouts = limited optimism = whatever

...experience shows that scouts come and go (but that's okay since it is volunteer) and that's why rather than giving them defined duties that could be not fulfilled at times, I would like to see a simple update/discussion format for them... as well as providing updates on a given team, they start the discussions, respond to others who jump in by providing info they are able to find etc. ...and they can participate in other scout's discussions if they like...

This I believe generates a spirit of comeraderie among scouts and other members... I also believe that either HLD's "Mn The Countdown - The Official Update" should be in this thread or vice versa as it in effect him taking the lead with discussion on past and upcoming Habs games ( he is the Habs scout number one IMO).

I can understand the fear that the one thread would be cumbersome perhaps, but I think it would make sense.

I still believe one person should post game preview links and schedule for the entire Eastern Conference as it helps those participating in the predictions game by having this information in a timely fashion.

The Admiral

your forgiven admiral as you performed the w00t duties beautifully in that post! :lol:

im a little iffy on the update+scout discussion being in one thread but i could live with it, so long as everyone here is happy ive got no problems to pick with anyone really!

Well it appears that we have agreed on a new format and structure for the scouts that will enable the required flexibility for the volunteers over an 82 game season + playoffs:

• The Scouting duties will be divided by Division for the Eastern Conference team
  • The scouting content should remain within the context of game outcomes as this would relate to both the Mn countdown and the MN Predictions game (i.e. The topic should be restrained to injured/scratched players, feelings in the locker room, streaks, stats, etc... We are NOT allowed, as per Forum Policy, to turn this into a gossip mill and posting articles of whom was spotted with who's wife at a club and what car they drove off in)
  • The scouting reports, links, stats will be overseen by and summarized by the Admiral
  • All Scouting reports will remain in one thread.

The only thing we have not agreed on is whether scouting reports should be in the MN update thread. Mulling this one over, I figure it's a bad idea. The MN update thread should remain to the MN numbers and MN discussion. The scouting thread hasd a lot of content and I fear if we mix two dominant topics, one will inevitably loose out and get lost in the volume.

I do however like the idea of streamlining the sub-forum a bit. We tried separating many topics last year, and this worked out well for the most part. However I think we can benefit more from the Bonustician's analysis if we included it in the Mn update thread, thus keeping all numbers centralized and easier to discuss. The Bonustician of course can post the predictions game stats (usually his second post...the yellow table for those of you who will remember4) stats in the Predictions thread as well for user friendliness.

So with everyone's permission, I would like to open the following threads in our sub-forum for the 2008/2009 season:

• MN Update and Statistics
  • Scouting Reports
  • MN Predictions game
  • MN Jeopardy game
  • MN Administration

I'm not sure if we need the "Meet the MNers" thread...I'll leave that up to discussion.

Well it appears that we have agreed on a new format and structure for the scouts that will enable the required flexibility for the volunteers over an 82 game season + playoffs:

• The Scouting duties will be divided by Division for the Eastern Conference team
  • The scouting content should remain within the context of game outcomes as this would relate to both the Mn countdown and the MN Predictions game (i.e. The topic should be restrained to injured/scratched players, feelings in the locker room, streaks, stats, etc... We are NOT allowed, as per Forum Policy, to turn this into a gossip mill and posting articles of whom was spotted with who's wife at a club and what car they drove off in)
  • The scouting reports, links, stats will be overseen by and summarized by the Admiral
  • All Scouting reports will remain in one thread.

The only thing we have not agreed on is whether scouting reports should be in the MN update thread. Mulling this one over, I figure it's a bad idea. The MN update thread should remain to the MN numbers and MN discussion. The scouting thread hasd a lot of content and I fear if we mix two dominant topics, one will inevitably loose out and get lost in the volume.

I do however like the idea of streamlining the sub-forum a bit. We tried separating many topics last year, and this worked out well for the most part. However I think we can benefit more from the Bonustician's analysis if we included it in the Mn update thread, thus keeping all numbers centralized and easier to discuss. The Bonustician of course can post the predictions game stats (usually his second post...the yellow table for those of you who will remember4) stats in the Predictions thread as well for user friendliness.

So with everyone's permission, I would like to open the following threads in our sub-forum for the 2008/2009 season:

• MN Update and Statistics
  • Scouting Reports
  • MN Predictions game
  • MN Jeopardy game
  • MN Administration

I'm not sure if we need the "Meet the MNers" thread...I'll leave that up to discussion.

Number One... I accept your decision on keeping the Countdown Thread separate from Scouting... the only reason I suggested it was that, the way you give your opinion is a prime example of how scouts can add their own take and flavor to scouting division teams. I do agree with joining Bonus projections with the Countdown Thread...

However, I might add that within the Scouting Report Thread there was a Daily Line posted by me... where would you suggest that go as there have been other odds posted by the Bonustician/Statistician (blue-yellow background report) in that respective thread?

I have no problem either omitting what I do in that regard, posting it myself wherever it is deemed appropriate or having the Bonustician/Statistician doing whatever he would like to do.

I see two possibilities here... 1) incorporating the Daily Line, with other odds posted by the Statistician, in the Predictions Thread... or 2) joining the Predictions and Scouting threads and getting the Statistician to post his report there. In both cases Bonus reports and Statistician reports would be separated and not both in the countdown thread... does this make sense?

Hey monsieur...you should update your sig text to better reflect your new position me thinks...MN North-Eastern Division Scout :D
Should we open the Scouting Thread so I can begin recruiting Division Scouts? And should I post what is expected therein once we are 100% sure what we are doing?

Number One... I accept your decision on keeping the Countdown Thread separate from Scouting... the only reason I suggested it was that, the way you give your opinion is a prime example of how scouts can add their own take and flavor to scouting division teams. I do agree with joining Bonus projections with the Countdown Thread...

However, I might add that within the Scouting Report Thread there was a Daily Line posted by me... where would you suggest that go as there have been other odds posted by the Bonustician/Statistician (blue-yellow background report) in that respective thread?

I have no problem either omitting what I do in that regard, posting it myself wherever it is deemed appropriate or having the Bonustician/Statistician doing whatever he would like to do.

I see two possibilities here... 1) incorporating the Daily Line, with other odds posted by the Statistician, in the Predictions Thread... or 2) joining the Predictions and Scouting threads and getting the Statistician to post his report there. In both cases Bonus reports and Statistician reports would be separated and not both in the countdown thread... does this make sense?

Should we open the Scouting Thread so I can begin recruiting Division Scouts? And should I post what is expected therein once we are 100% sure what we are doing?

Oh I love the Daily Line you post everyday, and I wouldn't want to live if you didn't keep doing it. I recommend a similar solution as with the Bonustician and his stats. Put em' in both threads, then you cover all eventualities. You can still post them in the scouting thread, and you can also add a post in the Predictions thread.

I would not however want to join the scouting and predictions threads, since CH would go cross eyed and descend further into madness trying to filter through the myriad of posts whilst trying to keep track of 20-30 peoples daily predictions :blink::lol:

So how does that sound?

On another note, I will open up the Scouting thread for you since I believe we are all decided on the new structure. However, in a continuous attempt to remain on the Forum Administrators good side, I recommend we wait another week or two before we open it so as not to be closed down under the "irrelevant" clause. I say we open it on the day of our first Pre-Season game, which is when most will begin to return to the forum. Not much volume in here yet. Does this work for you Monsieur Admiral? In the meanwhile you are welcome to use this thread as you wish to recruit, sign up, force the plank, keel haul, or any other activity you deem fit :D

Oh I love the Daily Line you post everyday, and I wouldn't want to live if you didn't keep doing it. I recommend a similar solution as with the Bonustician and his stats. Put em' in both threads, then you cover all eventualities. You can still post them in the scouting thread, and you can also add a post in the Predictions thread.

I would not however want to join the scouting and predictions threads, since CH would go cross eyed and descend further into madness trying to filter through the myriad of posts whilst trying to keep track of 20-30 peoples daily predictions :blink::lol:

So how does that sound?

On another note, I will open up the Scouting thread for you since I believe we are all decided on the new structure. However, in a continuous attempt to remain on the Forum Administrators good side, I recommend we wait another week or two before we open it so as not to be closed down under the "irrelevant" clause. I say we open it on the day of our first Pre-Season game, which is when most will begin to return to the forum. Not much volume in here yet. Does this work for you Monsieur Admiral? In the meanwhile you are welcome to use this thread as you wish to recruit, sign up, force the plank, keel haul, or any other activity you deem fit :D

I thought CH was already cross-eyed, a-cross the sea and may even be a cross-dresser some tell me (I can't reveal my sources though)... poor baby :o

We will wait on opening the thread. Pooh-pooh to posting in two threads... the Daily Line will go in the Predictions Thread then... and that's my last word on the subject :P

I will start to work Monday... as I still need some time to reflect on how to approach things in the most positive light... and I still need time to discuss it with HHN, Smiegel and the unsung member of my group brianw6...

The Admiral

Ola MN Crew,

Slurping on a foul-tasting no-name-brand NeoCitran, wishing my head would either decide whether it wants to explode or implode and get on with it. It's like having a certain free agent dancing his indecision in my sinuses.

I did my best to follow all the ins-and-outs of the changes you guys are making but I'll admit that I'm not as up on all the facets of the MN fun. I only found the MN partway in the 06-07 season and it took me a few months to figure it out. Odds and that sort of thing aren't my cup of lemon tasting cold remedy (Daily Line?). Predictions, Jeopardy, sure.

I think I can wrap my head around the Scouting bit, though, so sign me up. It doesn't really matter what team/division I'm assigned.

I don't consider myself much of a hockey savant but I love the game. My biases are blatant but my is loyalty true. GO HABS GO!

All that said, thanks for all your hard work. And thanks for inviting me along for the ride.

Ola MN Crew,

Slurping on a foul-tasting no-name-brand NeoCitran, wishing my head would either decide whether it wants to explode or implode and get on with it. It's like having a certain free agent dancing his indecision in my sinuses.

I did my best to follow all the ins-and-outs of the changes you guys are making but I'll admit that I'm not as up on all the facets of the MN fun. I only found the MN partway in the 06-07 season and it took me a few months to figure it out. Odds and that sort of thing aren't my cup of lemon tasting cold remedy (Daily Line?). Predictions, Jeopardy, sure.

I think I can wrap my head around the Scouting bit, though, so sign me up. It doesn't really matter what team/division I'm assigned.

I don't consider myself much of a hockey savant but I love the game. My biases are blatant but my is loyalty true. GO HABS GO!

All that said, thanks for all your hard work. And thanks for inviting me along for the ride.

We could use a Tiger in our tank ( especially one that can fly). :D

We could use a Tiger in our tank ( especially one that can fly). :D
Tigers are the ones with the stripes HTL... lions have a mane if they're male... but it would be the "Cat's Meow" now wouldn't it... what are you flying on? :lol:

I look forward to reading all topics posted by scouts (you included)... and will surely enjoy the discussion they can generate when a personal flavor is added... (and don't tell anyone you like strawberry)

Ola MN Crew,

Ola Flying Lion (great name by the way :D)

Welcome aboard. I'll let the Admiral (otherwise known as brianw6) handle the delegation of the scouting Division.

Glad to have another hockey nut and HAB lover among us :D

Ola Flying Lion (great name by the way :D)

Welcome aboard. I'll let the Admiral (otherwise known as brianw6) handle the delegation of the scouting Division.

Glad to have another hockey nut and HAB lover among us :D

There has been some dispute lately regarding who really handles what... HHN disagrees with the Admiral, while brianw6 is trying to keep order... Smiegel refuses to talk to any of us... Woe is us!

Flying Lion... comistat amigo.. may your wings take you to the greatest heights of Scoutdom... "we're" happy to have you... well at least one of us is... which one is hard to know right now :blink:

HLD... when are we all going to get together at Le Cage?

There has been some dispute lately regarding ho really handles what... HHn disagrees with the Admiral, while brianw6 is trying to keep order... Smiegel refuse to talk to any of us... Woe is us!

Flying Lion... comistat amigo.. may your wings take you to the greatest heights of Scoutdom... "we're" happy to have you... well at least one of us is... which one is hard to know right now :blink:

HLD... when are we all going to get together at Le Cage?

I'm good for a season opener get together...TSN is showing the Ottawa Habs game on a Saturday. If el General is willing to arrange it, I'm game.

It'll probably the last outing for my self with HLD junior #2 on the way within weeks :blink: HLD princess was due mid October but doctors say she ain't waiting that long and may be here for the end of September. The way I see it she's dying to get out before the season opens so she can watch our HABS run at the cup for their centennial year celebrations. The apple didn't fall from the tree on this one either :P

I'm good for a season opener get together...TSN is showing the Ottawa Habs game on a Saturday. If el General is willing to arrange it, I'm game.

It'll probably the last outing for my self with HLD junior #2 on the way within weeks :blink: HLD princess was due mid October but doctors say she ain't waiting that long and may be here for the end of September. The way I see it she's dying to get out before the season opens so she can watch our HABS run at the cup for their centennial year celebrations. The apple didn't fall from the tree on this one either :P

Me thinks Junior #2 is in for an exiting season. My wife and I were born in Cup winning years by the Habs,, as was my eldest daughter. My youngest just missed out because of Calgary but can still claim fame to a Cup final appearance ( unlike any Leaf fan born after 67 :P ). Lets hope our boys continue to create some of those sweet memories. ;)

a party already? you boys hablo my language!

ill see what i can get done and who wishes to attend, just let me remember my homework first ill take care of my habswork afterwards ;)

*whew* What a welcome. Makes me all that much more excited to contribute what I can to all this.

It's a cold beverage as a cold remedy tonight. A few of them, actually. It's close to the best I've felt in 6 days. If I keep it up, I might have trouble assigning blame for my headache in the morning ....

I always marveled at the way some of you are able to go to games and meet up for actual Fiestas. A Canadiens Game always seemed like such an impossibility, even though I was years in Nova Scotia. I saw them once at the Metro Centre, pre-season against Boston. Zednick was in the line-up, season after McClaren laid him out, I think, when we started laying the voodoo on the Bruins. My mom's still in NS and she's taking the train to Montreal for the early December game against Calgary. I Hope she's able to get A Ticket. It sickens me that she'll see a regular season game before I'm able to but I can't wait until next year when I'm back in Halifax. My Hope is to be able to see this potential game at the Big O. Always loved that building. Always loved the Expos.

I can barely see the Habs on TV. CBC is giving me 15 games this season and the rest I'll get on-line. CKDU, is it? Home of the Habs. It gets me through the long winter nights but the Real Home of the Habs is in the Hearts of All Those That Believe.

I'm really looking forward to sharing my season in here. If either of you think of it, drink a drink for me. Not at your own peril, mind you; don't blame me for if you have too much to drink.

Speaking of drinking too much .... I'm rattling off like a man whose wife won't listen to Hockey Talk during the off-season. She's such a Lovely Woman but hockey's not her thing and I respect that. She's The Best because every game night, she does more than tolerate but enjoys.

Righty-o, gang. I just wanted to respond to all the greetings. Some of you are just too punny. This season is going to be too much fun.

As always. Forever. GO HABS GO!

Archived