The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn Team 2008/2009 - Sign Up Thread

GIJAYNE

*whew* What a welcome. Makes me all that much more excited to contribute what I can to all this.

It's a cold beverage as a cold remedy tonight. A few of them, actually. It's close to the best I've felt in 6 days. If I keep it up, I might have trouble assigning blame for my headache in the morning ....

I always marveled at the way some of you are able to go to games and meet up for actual Fiestas. A Canadiens Game always seemed like such an impossibility, even though I was years in Nova Scotia. I saw them once at the Metro Centre, pre-season against Boston. Zednick was in the line-up, season after McClaren laid him out, I think, when we started laying the voodoo on the Bruins. My mom's still in NS and she's taking the train to Montreal for the early December game against Calgary. I Hope she's able to get A Ticket. It sickens me that she'll see a regular season game before I'm able to but I can't wait until next year when I'm back in Halifax. My Hope is to be able to see this potential game at the Big O. Always loved that building. Always loved the Expos.

I can barely see the Habs on TV. CBC is giving me 15 games this season and the rest I'll get on-line. CKDU, is it? Home of the Habs. It gets me through the long winter nights but the Real Home of the Habs is in the Hearts of All Those That Believe.

I'm really looking forward to sharing my season in here. If either of you think of it, drink a drink for me. Not at your own peril, mind you; don't blame me for if you have too much to drink.

Speaking of drinking too much .... I'm rattling off like a man whose wife won't listen to Hockey Talk during the off-season. She's such a Lovely Woman but hockey's not her thing and I respect that. She's The Best because every game night, she does more than tolerate but enjoys.

Righty-o, gang. I just wanted to respond to all the greetings. Some of you are just too punny. This season is going to be too much fun.

As always. Forever. GO HABS GO!

now thats the spirit!

and dont beat yourself mate, some of us live here and havent seen them in years!(since 2002 to be exact!)

and in the end this is why we have this thread. its not just about seing, or watching, or statistics or wins, its about being a habs fan! and no better way to be then to share, reminesce, curse, get drunk, laugh and cry with other habs fans!

Of course I could never say no to the MN Thread! :D

I'll gladly come back and provide the boards with some centennial flash ...

If you want, I'm also willing to be a scout, but probably in the same limited and inconsistent manner as last season (especially with physiology taking up a lot of my time) - shotty panthers :P

the new scouting format might help you out then! read up on it :)

Of course I could never say no to the MN Thread! :D

I'll gladly come back and provide the boards with some centennial flash ...

If you want, I'm also willing to be a scout, but probably in the same limited and inconsistent manner as last season (especially with physiology taking up a lot of my time) - shotty panthers :P

Hey HHH, good to have you back. As mateus mentioned above, the new sc outing format offers further flexibility to the structure. We're aiming to have anywhere from 3-5 scouts covering a Division, so the likelihood of at least one being active and providing info is high. Any time you could contribute would be appreciated, but there certainly won't be any balls and chains :D

Question: Are you still willing to help out with the MN artistic side of things? If so, given the new scouting format, it might be nice to have scouting banners per division. So instead of reading MN Scout, the banner could read MN Atlantic S., MN Northeast S. and MN Southeast S. Est-ce possible?

HELLO MN,

I am back or, more precisely, slowly getting back from my summer hibernation. I will try to update our bonus/prediction or whatever tools this or next weekend and be ready to resume my duties as MN Bonustician/Statistician, smiegel alter ego or whatever when the season starts.

As for now, I am going back to my hole till next week. I is nice to see you all here again.

HELLO MN,

I am back or, more precisely, slowly getting back from my summer hibernation. I will try to update our bonus/prediction or whatever tools this or next weekend and be ready to resume my duties as MN Bonustician/Statistician, smiegel alter ego or whatever when the season starts.

As for now, I am going back to my hole till next week. I is nice to see you all here again.

CHOCOLATE! Good to see you buddy. I was hoping you would poke your head in here during the next week or so.

Looking forward to another stat filled season :D

CHOCOLATE! Good to see you buddy. I was hoping you would poke your head in here during the next week or so.

Ditto here. Choc's reports were like morning coffee to me. :D

Ahhh yes, Chocolate's stats. The few mornings when I couldn't find an update when I woke up were either days when I called in sick or were indeed very very bad days.

Routine is a great thing until it is disrupted.

7 more sleeps until our first warm up against Boston. That should at least help tide me over until the real thing. I doubt there is any televised coverage but does the radio bother to broadcast preseason games? (When the least is all you've got, I suppose one has to settle for the least.)

Ahhh yes, Chocolate's stats. The few mornings when I couldn't find an update when I woke up were either days when I called in sick or were indeed very very bad days.

Routine is a great thing until it is disrupted.

7 more sleeps until our first warm up against Boston. That should at least help tide me over until the real thing. I doubt there is any televised coverage but does the radio bother to broadcast preseason games? (When the least is all you've got, I suppose one has to settle for the least.)

I've read somewhere in here that the first two pre-season games are televised on RDS, and the Saturday game against the Sens is on TSN. Don't quote me on it, and I'm sure someone can correct/confirm me.

Hey HHH, good to have you back. As mateus mentioned above, the new sc outing format offers further flexibility to the structure. We're aiming to have anywhere from 3-5 scouts covering a Division, so the likelihood of at least one being active and providing info is high. Any time you could contribute would be appreciated, but there certainly won't be any balls and chains :D

Question: Are you still willing to help out with the MN artistic side of things? If so, given the new scouting format, it might be nice to have scouting banners per division. So instead of reading MN Scout, the banner could read MN Atlantic S., MN Northeast S. and MN Southeast S. Est-ce possible?

Absolutmente, I'll try getting on it this weekend! See If I could spice things up with our 100 seasons logo ...

I've read somewhere in here that the first two pre-season games are televised on RDS, and the Saturday game against the Sens is on TSN. Don't quote me on it, and I'm sure someone can correct/confirm me.

Yeah, I know you said not to quote you but I couldn't resist .... :D

No access to RDS here. Only just got clear picture/sound on TSN a few weeks ago. I've spent so long as a CBC geek that I forget there is actually other avenues to watch a hockey game. Still, there's something to be said for the online radio, brings back memories of all those stories I used to hear from my parents gathering around the radio.

The best part of it: I didn't have to actually SEE that goal Campbell scored on us last year :angry: . If he got royalties on the replays of that, he'd be richer than Finger in Toronto. (well, he probably is, but I hope you get my point.)

Looking forward to new sigs. They're stellar pieces of graphics and incorporating the Centennial logo can only add some class. Nice work!

Welcome back HHH and Chocolate and everyone else popping in :)

I had a very busy weekend and really haven't put anything together for scouts as of yet... but there is enough that has already been said at this point if you want to go back and read it.

Here's a topic I would like to see scouts looking into once the season has started and lines have been etablished... how does the Habs top Line stack up against the Eastern Conference opposition - example: word is that Richards will center Briere and Gagne this season in Philly...

I will get back with a formal scouting set-up and information report soon.

Pick you poison...

Northeast, Atlantic or Southeast... what's it going to be?

Pick you poison...

Northeast, Atlantic or Southeast... what's it going to be?

I don't have too much of a preference, myself. I suppose I'll go with the Atlantic, I guess. Living up North, I can't bring myself to follow teams from Florida too much. It's cold enough without rubbing my nose in the warmth of sunnier places.

HELLO MN,

...momentary lapse of concentration... I forgot my password for a second there. Doh!

Punxsutawney Chocolate pops up, sees a lack of hockey and goes down the hole again. Should this become a tradition? 15th September every year?

...anyone? ...anyone? ...Bueller?

ok. ok. Back into my hidey hole, too. :rolleyes:

Yup. I'm back up and running.

Oh... I see what you mean: You're my back-up. Gotcher. Most exceeding kind.

You will definitely be needed between April 11th and April 28th, please. I believe this is a period we call the post-season (fans of another club call it the golf season - let the bashing begin). But we've got a season to get to and through yet. Let's not wish our lives away). Other than that, I'm around much of the time.

Waiting...

I was going to say ready and waiting, but I ain't ready yet.

Well let me know as I am generally available.

Hey Smeigal (or should I say Admiral):

Whoever actually Captain's the MN Scouting crew rowboat: :blink::lol:

I will look at scouting once your regular scouts are set for the teams as last year I scouted for the Senators when the main scout dropped out.

Not sure if I should sport a sig or not but I was thinking of maybe having one that says "MN 2008 Stonely Cup Champion"; but then thought it might be a little egotistical/overbearing. :lol: :lol:

Well let me know as I am generally available.

Hey Smeigal (or should I say Admiral):

Whoever actually Captain's the MN Scouting crew rowboat: :blink::lol:

I will look at scouting once your regular scouts are set for the teams as last year I scouted for the Senators when the main scout dropped out.

Not sure if I should sport a sig or not but I was thinking of maybe having one that says "MN 2008 Stonely Cup Champion"; but then thought it might be a little egotistical/overbearing. :lol: :lol:

This year we will have Divisional scouts, and you're welcome to join for either one. If you want to be pro-active and join in on the Division with the lowest number of scouts, the Admiral will help you there :D I believe he begins his official delegations next week once his thread is opened on Monday.

As for your sig, we can ask our artist if he can help us out, however I know he's busy with school and is already working on new sigs for the scouts. I would recommend typing the title in your sig in bold, large, blue letters. You da champion! Don't be shy to flaunt it. Ther'll be many players this year gunning for the Stonely Cup :D

I've been waiting on the sig, as well, myself. HLD sent me the code for it but I thought it pretty presumptuous until I knew exactly what I would be doing.

You can throw it in there...don't worry. As far as I am (and I'm sure the rest of the Mn execs are) concerned you're part of the team. You will get a new one eventually, but use the one you already have and wear it with pride :D

Through out next week I'm sure the Admiral will clarify who is assigned to what. The only one I know is HTL as the North Easter scout. It takes at least four men to keep track of multiple delegations, so I will leave it to the Admiral/smiegel/HHN/brianw6 to tackle that one.

We certainly wont begrudge your recognition as champ 1970,,,,go nuts buddy. ;)

Archived