The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn Jeopardy

GIJAYNE

I'll go with Hasek. Picked in Round 10 in 1983 by Chicago, 199th overall. He's got 2 Hart Memorials (97, 98), 6 Vezinas (94, 95, 97, 98, 99, 01), and 3 Jennings (94, 01, 08). He also won the Lester B. Pearson Award 2 times (97, 98).

G-d forbid I'm right. I'm running on Zero-Confidence for my ability to come up with another question. Can't wait until this number starts changing ... :D

I'll go with Hasek. Picked in Round 10 in 1983 by Chicago, 199th overall. He's got 2 Hart Memorials (97, 98), 6 Vezinas (94, 95, 97, 98, 99, 01), and 3 Jennings (94, 01, 08). He also won the Lester B. Pearson Award 2 times (97, 98).

G-d forbid I'm right. I'm running on Zero-Confidence for my ability to come up with another question. Can't wait until this number starts changing ... :D

Not who i had in mind. Think upcomming retired number ceremony. ;)

Glad to see you guys asking HOCKEY questions rather then all that quantum physics garbage :P:lol:

I know the answer but i dont have a question so ill let somebody else jump in. ;)

Um, yeah. Sorry about the poor question on my part but I really don't have a TON of hockey knowledge. All I can do is Marvel in Awe and Pay Respect to Someone that can remember a guy's win/loss record through a certain amount of games.

Now that's trivia.

Not who i had in mind. Think upcomming retired number ceremony. ;)

I thought about him but I didn't think he was drafted that late in the draft. They both meet some of the criteria, I guess.

Roy was drafted 51st overall in '84. He won the Conn Smythe 3x (86, 93, 01), the Jennings 5x (87, 88, 89, 92, 02), and the Vezina 3x (89, 90, 92).

The deciding factor would be the 165 wins in 350. For lack of a coin to toss (yes, times are that tight :) ) I'll stick with my original answer of Hasek.

Hold onto your shorts HFFR.

According to HLD I believe I have 4 hours to come up with a question. :lol::lol:

I actually thought Flying Lion went to dinner before he saw my answer so I stayed in the game thread.

As we are good buddies I won't let you wait the 4 hours. :lol:

So here goes:

MN Jeopardy 165

This "future" Hall of Fame goalie won 165 games in the first 350 NHL games he played (only 47%) tallying a .924 save percentage and 2.34 GAA in those 350 games.

Hint: He was a late round draft pick and has won 3 individual NHL trophies (each one multiple times) and been on two Stanley Cup winning teams.

Who is he?

Who is Martin Brodeur? Quick guess :)

I thought about him but I didn't think he was drafted that late in the draft. They both meet some of the criteria, I guess.

Roy was drafted 51st overall in '84. He won the Conn Smythe 3x (86, 93, 01), the Jennings 5x (87, 88, 89, 92, 02), and the Vezina 3x (89, 90, 92).

The deciding factor would be the 165 wins in 350. For lack of a coin to toss (yes, times are that tight :) ) I'll stick with my original answer of Hasek.

I didnt check with that wikpedia guy that seems so popular in here :lol: You or HHN might be correct. ;)

Holy crap! :o Now that's a question.

I always pick good ones. Just ask the Admiral. :lol:

Glad to see you guys asking HOCKEY questions rather then all that quantum physics garbage :P:lol:

I know the answer but i dont have a question so ill let somebody else jump in. ;)

Hockey is the name of the game HTL you know that. :D

Bang on.

You are 2 for 2.

Who is Martin Brodeur? Quick guess :)

Sorry Admiral.

Looks like you will have some competition from Flying Lion this year. :P:lol:

Sorry Admiral.

Looks like you will have some competition from Flying Lion this year. :P:lol:

Operative word in that sentence: "some". It's just preseason. Never matters in the long run.

Does that mean it's my turn again!?!

I think it's Ninja Time again.

:ph34r:

& I promise to phrase any future responses in the form of a question.

I got a question for you guys,,, although its not jeorpardy related. You guys all know what my initials HTL stand for.....what do they stand for if you reverse them to LTH ?? Only one guess per customer. :D

I got a question for you guys,,, although its not jeorpardy related. You guys all know what my initials HTL stand for.....what do they stand for if you reverse them to LTH ?? Only one guess per customer. :D

If it were numbers, it would be a palindrome. Or something along those lines. It works both ways, back and forth. Classy. Nicely done. Good form.

& back to the game.

MN Jeopardy 165

He managed 165 points with the Prince Albert Raiders before moving on to the Bulldogs.

Who is .... ?

(i gotta go to bed. i'll check 1st thing in the morning to confirm the winning answer. It's not my intention to hold up the game but sleep calls ... and My Better Half calls even louder)

If it were numbers, it would be a palindrome. Or something along those lines. It works both ways, back and forth. Classy. Nicely done. Good form.

& back to the game.

MN Jeopardy 165

He managed 165 points with the Prince Albert Raiders before moving on to the Bulldogs.

Who is .... ?

(i gotta go to bed. i'll check 1st thing in the morning to confirm the winning answer. It's not my intention to hold up the game but sleep calls ... and My Better Half calls even louder)

Who is Kyle Chipchura.

"Bonne nuit."

Okay.

Seeing that it is the Centenial Year for the Montreal Canadiens I think it is fitting that the next question is Habs realated. So here goes. An easy one this time. :lol:

MN Jeopardy 165

In the best decade for the Habs the Team had several 100+ pt seasons (1). List six (6) seasons in which they tallied 100 pts or more and of those six seasons (5) in which they won "Le Coupe Stanley".

Hint: My Forum name identifies the decade (but you all knew that). ;):D

Okay.

Seeing that it is the Centenial Year for the Montreal Canadiens I think it is fitting that the next question is Habs realated. So here goes. An easy one this time. :lol:

MN Jeopardy 165

In the best decade for the Habs the Team had several 100+ pt seasons (1). List six (6) seasons in which they tallied 100 pts or more and of those six seasons (5) in which they won "Le Coupe Stanley".

Hint: My Forum name identifies the decade (but you all knew that). ;):D

What are the 1975-76(won cup),1976-77(won cup),1977-78(won cup),1978-79(won cup),1971-72,1972-73(won cup), seasons?

Hope its what your looking for.

I saw a movie called the matrix once. I see the rocket scientists are still at it in here. :P:lol::lol:

No rocket scientists here. Rocket lovers, maybe.

I started hating math when they mixed letters in with the numbers. I think they call it "algebra". Me? I like the letters in English Class and numbers in Math class. Don't mix them. It's like oil and water, beer and hard liquor, Habs fans and Leafs fans. They rarely go well together.

Archived