The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn Jeopardy

GIJAYNE

A look through the record books..................

MN Jeopardy 43

On January 1943 history was made when this Montreal player was the first NHL player to score a hat trick in his NHL debut. Who was he?

Hint: He went on to play only 8 NHL games.

Who is Alex Smart?

You are correct.

Your go.

MN JEOPARDY 43!!!

While not the lowest of the Canadiens history, in this season they scored a paltry 43 points.

Hint: While no one would dispute that they played an awful season, the figure alone is a little misleading.

MN JEOPARDY 43!!!

While not the lowest of the Canadiens history, in this season they scored a paltry 43 points.

Hint: While no one would dispute that they played an awful season, the figure alone is a little misleading.

What is 1994-95? ...Canadiens played 48 games in a shortened season (player strike wasn't it?) recording 43 points. Jacques Demers was the coach and the Habs finished "Out of Playoffs"

What is 1994-95? ...Canadiens played 48 games in a shortened season (player strike wasn't it?) recording 43 points. Jacques Demers was the coach and the Habs finished "Out of Playoffs"

Yeppers. Player strike indeed. Hence the italicised 'dispute'; labour dispute that is. :P

Nevertheless, you're up!

MN JEOPARDY 43...

1. In 1942-43 the Habs finished with 50 points in 50 games and lost in the first round of the playoffs to this team that eventually lost in the finals 2. while these three Habs finished with better than a point per game average...

Not sure what part you want answered so I will answer it all. :D

Who are the Detroit Red Wings?

Who are Blake (59 pts in 48 games), Lach (58 pts in 48 games) and O'Connor (58 pts in 50 games)?

Not sure what part you want answered so I will answer it all. :D

Who are the Detroit Red Wings? WRONG

Who are Blake (59 pts in 48 games), Lach (58 pts in 48 games) and O'Connor (58 pts in 50 games)?

The three players that finished with a better than a point-per-game referred to the playoff round the Habs lost that year (1942-43). Detroit won the cup and did not lose in the finals :(

The three players that finished with a better than a point-per-game referred to the playoff round the Habs lost that year (1942-43). Detroit won the cup and did not lose in the finals :(

I read it wrong; I thought the Habs lost to the team that won the Stanley Cup. :blink:

Boston swept Montreal 4-0 in the 1st round then was swept 4-0 by Detroit in the finals.

I read it wrong; I thought the Habs lost to the team that won the Stanley Cup. :blink:

Boston swept Montreal 4-0 in the 1st round then was swept 4-0 by Detroit in the finals.

You are right with the Bruins (what I was looking for) and two of the players Blake and Lach... however the third was not O'Connor (...playoff series vs. bruins remember)

You are right with the Bruins (what I was looking for) and two of the players Blake and Lach... however the third was not O'Connor (...playoff series vs. bruins remember)

When you said a point per game average I assumed that it was in the regualr season. I guess I was wrong yet again. I have made so many mistakes on this question Admiral I think it best I leave it to our friend Flying Lion to answer for the point. :blink:

When you said a point per game average I assumed that it was in the regualr season. I guess I was wrong yet again. I have made so many mistakes on this question Admiral I think it best I leave it to our friend Flying Lion to answer for the point. :blink:
You got most of this right in the end... the Third player was Gord Drillon... you get the point IMO.

Hey now. Don't bring me into this one. I'm not touching this one with a ten foot pole. :P :P

You got most of this right in the end... the Third player was Gord Drillon... you get the point IMO.

In all conscience I can't and won't accept accept the point Admiral as I botched the question too many times.

However I will pose the next question. :D

MN Jeopardy 41

Who won the Stanley Cup in the spring of 1941 and who won the Conn Smyth Trophy?

In all conscience I can't and won't accept accept the point Admiral as I botched the question too many times.

However I will pose the next question. :D

MN Jeopardy 41

Who won the Stanley Cup in the spring of 1941 and who won the Conn Smyth Trophy?

Um, I thought the Conn Smythe wasn't first handed out until the 1964-65 season ... :blink:

As for the rest, who are the Boston Bruins? Sweeping the Red Wings in 4 straight.

The Bruins' Bill Cowley won the Hart that year, though.

Archived