The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn Jeopardy

GIJAYNE

Correct again my good sir. Your up.

Ach! First time ever that 'nothing' was good for something.

Ok. Here goes.

MN Jeopardy 165

The Société de transport de Montréal, or Montreal Transit Corporation, can lay claim to the busiest bus route in Canada. The buses on that follow route 165 see 71,600 riders a day, about 26,000,000 a year.

The route is also known by 2 other numbers (must get confusing). They are ...?

Ach! First time ever that 'nothing' was good for something.

Ok. Here goes.

MN Jeopardy 165

The Société de transport de Montréal, or Montreal Transit Corporation, can lay claim to the busiest bus route in Canada. The buses on that follow route 165 see 71,600 riders a day, about 26,000,000 a year.

The route is also known by 2 other numbers (must get confusing). They are ...?

What is bus route 80 and 535.

It is spelled "Strate" actually. :lol:

Your turn now.

Thanks for the mercy. :rolleyes: At least I didnt' call him 'George'.

Ok, I was ready for this one.

MN Jeopardy 165

1939 was the first year the NHL moved to the 7-game format to decide the Stanley Cup Champions.

What 2 teams competed in the 165th Stanley Cup Final match of a best of 7 series (that is: using 1939 as a starting point)? What year was it?

Thanks for the mercy. :rolleyes: At least I didnt' call him 'George'.

Ok, I was ready for this one.

MN Jeopardy 165

1939 was the first year the NHL moved to the 7-game format to decide the Stanley Cup Champions.

What 2 teams competed in the 165th Stanley Cup Final match of a best of 7 series (that is: using 1939 as a starting point)? What year was it?

I see that there are no takers yet.

I am a little confused because the 165th Stanley Cup final match would be in the year 2104; unless of course you mean the 165th seven game Stanley Cup playoff series match. :blink:

I see that there are no takers yet.

I am a little confused because the 165th Stanley Cup final match would be in the year 2104; unless of course you mean the 165th seven game Stanley Cup playoff series match. :blink:

Sorry. I was thinking that might be confusing. I was talking about games. The first 7-game series in 1939 went 5 games, 1940 went 6 games (that's 11). 1941 went 4 games so that's 15. Etc.

Should I post another question?

Sorry. I was thinking that might be confusing. I was talking about games. The first 7-game series in 1939 went 5 games, 1940 went 6 games (that's 11). 1941 went 4 games so that's 15. Etc.

Should I post another question?

Nope. You clarified the question so now we can go from here. :D

Believe me last year there were all sorts of gaffs. I made at least 3 in the questions I posed last year. :lol:

Brent Fleetwood in 1990.

As per the Rules of jeopardy I get no point if this is a correct answer.

Now to my question.

Back to Science (sorry HTL) :lol:

MN Jeopardy 165

What element in the periodic table has a stable isotope of 165.

What is Holmium?

Not the question I was hoping to be able to post but here goes anyway.

MN Jeopardy 165

In what season did the Canadiens play their 165th regular season game?

The 1918-19 season I believe. They finished second overall in the NHL and tied in the Stanley Cup with the Seattle Metropolitans before it was suspended after five games due to the Spanish Flu Pandemic.

Nice question choice Flying Lion. :D

The 1918-19 season I believe. They finished second overall in the NHL and tied in the Stanley Cup with the Seattle Metropolitans before it was suspended after five games due to the Spanish Flu Pandemic.

Nice question choice Flying Lion. :D

Thankee, sai 1970. I'll walk to the beer store with my head held high with pride following such a compliment from one as esteemed as you.

I was all set to burn you with a "n'est pas!" until I realized that the stupid book I had in my hands was NHL-based and I had been counting from the start of the NHL's existence. :D Still, a wonderful reminder that the Habs predate even the NHL. What a team! B)

I digress, though. You are correct. Well done. The next Q is yours.

Thankee, sai 1970. I'll walk to the beer store with my head held high with pride following such a compliment from one as esteemed as you.

I was all set to burn you with a "n'est pas!" until I realized that the stupid book I had in my hands was NHL-based and I had been counting from the start of the NHL's existence. :D Still, a wonderful reminder that the Habs predate even the NHL. What a team! B)

I digress, though. You are correct. Well done. The next Q is yours.

:lol::lol: I hope you will buy a case in my honour too. :lol::lol:

Is the book "Total Hockey" - The official encyclopedia of the NHL?

Now on to the next question, which by the way follows in the same vein.

MN Jeopardy 165

In what season did the Montreal Canadiens score their 165th goal?

:lol::lol: I hope you will buy a case in my honour too. :lol::lol:

Is the book "Total Hockey" - The official encyclopedia of the NHL?

Sweet Lipton, Man. It's only Monday! I don't think I'm that much an alcoholic. At least, I hope not. I only ran up for one of those 750ml cans of Molson Special Dry. I call them Mini-Kegs. When My Better Half comes home, I'm able to tell her, in all Truth, I only had one beer. I'm not necessarily a fan of MSD but they spell Canadien wrong on the other brand and there's no Keith's in that size.

The book was Total Hockey but I've only just very very recently pitched it for it's lack of accuracy. :lol::D

I'm thinking: what is the 1911-1912 season? Their 3rd?

Archived