Canadiens de Montreal

Mn Scouting

GIJAYNE

Stop!

its Ninja Time! :lol:

Every time you see 'em

The Habs're just so hype

Almost 100 years old and still magic on the ice

Now why should they ever stop doing this?

With others winning Cups that just don't hit

They're known around the world from London to the Bay

It's "Habs! Go Habs! Montreal! Yo Habs!"

The rest don't rank a say.

You can't touch this .... (ad infinitum)

(with a lot of help from Google. Please G-d, don't any of you think I know that much of this song ...)

My first scouting report on the SE Division

Injury Report (before the Season even begins):

Carolina Hurricanes

Brind'Amour Undergoes Knee Surgery - Out 4 weeks

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...rticleid=382104

Williams out 4-6 months with torn Achilles' tendon

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=38228...mp;service=page

Atlanta Thrashers

NIL

Florida Panthers

NIL

Tampa Bay Lightning

Jeff Halpern (Ruptured right ACL at WHC in May, required right knee surgery) - Out for the season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries/

Washington Capitals

NIL

Heres the latest on Sabres injuries...

Taken from the Buffalo News

---Injuries: Thomas Vanek (pinched nerve in the knee) and Paul Gaustad (bruised shoulder) are going to sit out the exhibition games Monday at Toronto and Tuesday against Montreal in Roberval, Quebec. Vanek's injury actually happened during his physical Friday while Gaustad was injured in Saturday's scrimmage. ... Teppo Numminen did not play in the scrimmage but practiced after it. ... Adam Mair (knee) skated on his own and coach Lindy Ruff said he may be ready for the final preseason game and could potentially be in the lineup for the opener.

I'll try and update some of the others later. ;)

Latest Sens injuries....

Alexandre Picard (sore groin)

Daniel Alfredsson (groin/hip)

You have us monkeys well trained Admiral. :lol:

OOH! OOH!! OOH!!!

The opposition are dropping like flies... some serious injuries have been reported that will have an impact on early season results I would think... Carolina must be snake-bit again and Tampa can't be too happy about Halpern... Do I hear a new Sundin rumour coming? :lol:

Latest Sens injuries....

Alexandre Picard (sore groin)

Daniel Alfredsson (groin/hip)

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

I finally got a chance to check in and its fantastic how reports are coming in even before the season has officially started...

GOOD SHOW!!!

You have us monkeys well trained Admiral. :lol:

Ok. The veracity and accuracy of the following info might be questionable. I've seen different lists on different sites. This one uses ESPN.

ATLANTIC DIVISION - Complete Injury List

New Jersey Devils

Barry Talackson (RW) - Injured Reserve: surgery for irregular heartbeat (Sept 23)

Nicklas Bergfors (RW) - Day to Day (Sept 22)

Kevin Weekes (G) - Out: Recovering from surgery (July 24)

New York Islanders

Rick DiPietro (G) - Day to Day: hip/knee (Sept 22)

Mike Comrie © - Day to Day: recovering from hip surgery in May (Sept 17)

Mike Sillinger © - Injured Reserve: hip (Sept 12)

New York Rangers

No significant injuries

Philadelphia Flyers

Derian Hatcher (D) - Out: knee (Sept 18)

Antero Niittymaki (G) - Out (4 to 6 weeks): minor hip surgery (Sept 16)

Pittsburgh Penguins

Sergei Gonchar (D) - Day to Day: shoulder (Sept 23)

Ryan Whitney (D) - Injured Reserve (Sept 17)

Danny Richmond (D) - Injured Reserve (July 17)

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/injuries

ATLANTIC UPDATE - re: Penguins

Gonchar's out now indefinitely, it's reported as a dislocated shoulder.

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...rticleid=383250

Any idea how long it takes to come back from that? Mel Gibson handled it well in Lethal Weapon but as good as one might argue that Sergei Gonchar is, he's no Mel Gibson.

(Well, maybe a modern Mel Gibson but not a classic Lethal Weapon Era Mel Gibson. Modern Mel probably couldn't deal with a stubbed toe without drinking too much and getting caught saying something stupid.)

Looks like a good site to me. Nice find. ;)

Yeah it is a lot better than my sources.

I guess I best update my list (changes in red)

My first scouting report on the SE Division

Injury Report (before the Season even begins):

Carolina Hurricanes

Brind'Amour Undergoes Knee Surgery - Out 4 weeks

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...rticleid=382104

Williams out 4-6 months with torn Achilles' tendon

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=38228...mp;service=page

Anton Babchuk D Day-To-Day Sep 24

Babchuk will sit out the Hurricanes' preseason opener on Wednesday. He suffered a sprained knee in the team's intra-squad scrimmage last weekend, according to a report in the Raleigh News and Observer.

David Tanabe D Day-To-Day Sep 21

Tanabe didn't report to the Hurricanes' training camp on Saturday as required. He still hasn't been medically cleared after last season's concussion.

Atlanta Thrashers

Erik Christensen Day-To-Day Sep 24

Christensen's (shoulder) MRI came back negative on Wednesday, while he's now considered day-to-day, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Florida Panthers

Wade Belak RW Out Sep 23

Belak is not expected to play in any of the Panthers' preseason games this week due to a shoulder injury, according to the Miami Herald.

Chad Kilger LW Out Aug 5

The Panthers don't expect Kilger (personal reasons) to play for them next season, the Miami Herald reports.

Tampa Bay Lightning

Jeff Halpern (Ruptured right ACL at WHC in May, required right knee surgery) - Out for the season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries/

Chris Gratton C IR Jul 11

Vincent Lecavalier C Day-To-Day Sep 19

Lecavalier (shoulder) was named team captain Thursday, replacing the retired Tim Taylor.

Washington Capitals

Brian Pothier D Out Aug 24

Pothier is still suffering from post-concussion symptoms and the Capitals do not expect him to be ready to start training camp, reports Boston Globe.

Thanks for the source Flying Lion. :D

Yeah it is a lot better than my sources.

I guess I best update my list (changes in red)

Thanks for the source Flying Lion. :D

Eh? :blush: Don't thank me for things I enjoy. This is going to be a blast! I've just registered on the Fan Boards for all the Atl. teams except for the Devils. I'm still trying to find it.

Besides, I can't take any credit. Google is rich for a reason.

I'm listening to tonight's game against Detroit on CJAD and they're talking to Koivu and about the Centennial celebrations. Man, what a great time to be a Fan of the Canadiens. This is going to be such a great year. If I understood correctly - I was typing this at the same time - they're minting a coin and a printing a stamp series for the Centennial Season.

Man. I Love The Montreal Canadiens. I work with so many Oilers and Flames fans that I feel like a freak. The Habs transcend municipalities and geographic proximity. Other teams do, too, I know; but there's something about Le Sant Flanelle (sp?).

2nd Period.

GO HABS GO!

I'm listening to tonight's game against Detroit on CJAD and they're talking to Koivu and about the Centennial celebrations. Man, what a great time to be a Fan of the Canadiens. This is going to be such a great year. If I understood correctly - I was typing this at the same time - they're minting a coin and a printing a stamp series for the Centennial Season.

Heres an article about the celebration events...

http://sports.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/abc/New...ens-anniversary

Add another body to the injury list for Carolina as defenseman Tim Gleason left in the second period of tonights game against Washington with what the team called a leg injury and didn't return.

Source: http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=383315

It is now at 5 players and counting ..............

Any news on Matt Carle and Lats... Lidstrom also was injured in last night's game (can you imagine how ordinary Detroit's "D" will be if they lost him?)

The NHL just might have to revisit this shortened preseason decision. Everybody's trying to cram in the same amount of work and games in less days and it doesnt appear to be working so far. I would be curious to see how the stats compare to last year once the preseason is over.

The NHL just might have to revisit this shortened preseason decision. Everybody's trying to cram in the same amount of work and games in less days and it doesnt appear to be working so far. I would be curious to see how the stats compare to last year once the preseason is over.

i dont know, but if some teams need to play there farm team due to injuries...theres going to be a few POed players if the presidents/GMs are to blame...

With all of the players available for the pre-season, I wonder what those who aren't playing are doing to get ready for the season...

This would have been my strategy for six out of the seven games... play everyone who is not on the current roster (with the exception of Chips) in the pre-season games while the roster players pratice, practice, practice... skate, skate, skate and shape up.

So what would the team playing look like you ask...

Forwards: Chipchura, Wyman, White, Maxwell, Stewart, D'Agostini, Glumac, Pacioretty, Trotter, Flinn, Aubin, Fortier, Lehoux... did I forget anyone?

Defense: Weber, Subban, Henry, Anderson, Valentenko, Belle and Carle (if he wasn't injured... again)

Net: Denis, Desjardins

Whoever on the roster doesn't shape up gets replaced by the players who performed the best among the prospects for the final game.

Archived