OK here they are...

1 Habs.............. division and east champions

2 Pens.............. division champs

3 Wash............. division champs

4 Boston

5 Philly

6 Rangers

7 Ottawa

8. T.B. (only because they are in a weaker division and should get extra points)

9. Devils ( tough call here but going on a feeling)

Nicely done... though I do question the Pens winning their division with all the hurt they're suffering losing players to free agency and now injury. The Caps as division champs could happen... if Theo is the Theo that won a vezina, the Hart and Crozier trophies way back when... but somehow I doubt that will happen. Interesting that you've got Ottawa in and the Devils out (I toyed with that but went with the better goaltending of Brodeur).

Good show Bro!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicely done... though I do question the Pens winning their division with all the hurt they're suffering losing players to free agency and now injury. The Caps as division champs could happen... if Theo is the Theo that won a vezina, the Hart and Crozier trophies way back when... but somehow I doubt that will happen. Interesting that you've got Ottawa in and the Devils out (I toyed with that but went with the better goaltending of Brodeur).

Good show Bro!

I realized the Pens are hurting on D but im suspecting that if their offence doesn't make up for the loss on D that they will make a move. I think they'll be fine short term ( first couple months) with playing the offensive game. If they're still hurting later on, then they would be stupid not to address their D going into the 2nd half and playoffs. I think i just hurt my brain with all this thinking. :blink:

The Devils have me on the fence ( it hurts too :P )You hate to count them out but i saw signs of burnout with Brodeur late into the season last year and he's not getting any younger handling that kind of workload. They dropped a bit last year and im reasoning they didnt make enough moves to reverse the trend this year.Its gonna be tight. ;)

P.S. Forgot about the Caps. They have enough offence to make up for the couple of bad goals a game that Theo might give up. Plus their playing in that weak division. ;)

I realized the Pens are hurting on D but im suspecting that if their offence doesn't make up for the loss on D that they will make a move. I think they'll be fine short term ( first couple months) with playing the offensive game. If they're still hurting later on, then they would be stupid not to address their D going into the 2nd half and playoffs. I think i just hurt my brain with all this thinking. :blink:

The Devils have me on the fence ( it hurts too :P )You hate to count them out but i saw signs of burnout with Brodeur late into the season last year and he's not getting any younger handling that kind of workload. They dropped a bit last year and im reasoning they didnt make enough moves to reverse the trend this year.Its gonna be tight. ;)

P.S. Forgot about the Caps. They have enough offence to make up for the couple of bad goals a game that Theo might give up. Plus their playing in that weak division. ;)

Very good points... you're swaying "our" outlook (of course Smiegel is always swaying as you know :lol: )

Very good points... you're swaying "our" outlook (of course Smiegel is always swaying as you know :lol: )

Was that swaying or spraying?? :P

I see your back on the night shift in here. :D

Man I should get my picks in before I forget:

Sat Oct 4, 2008

NY Rangers Vs Tampa bay Lightning......Tampa

Pittsburg Penguins Vs Ottawa Senators.....The Pens

Cripes! Yikes! Gadzooks! Me too...

On the subject of Cripes!, did any of you see our loveable buffoon of a Mayor at the closing ceremony of the Olympics? That blonde rotund chap waving the Olympic flag like a madman? I would have stuck an article from a satirical magazine I read just here, but I can't as photobucket has been blocked again... My annual time to have words with the IT guys down in the dungeon... Otherwise we'll have no predictions results posted. But Cripes! is one of his catch phrases.

N E Who:

NYR vs TB: Tie... Muuhahahaha...

Pit vs Ott: Pens

(and to think I should have been at the 1st game, too, only I didn't get the flights to Prague ordered in time. Still, my friend who lives there will be going, lucky git)

Man I should get my picks in before I forget:

Sat Oct 4, 2008

NY Rangers Vs Tampa bay Lightning......Tampa

Pittsburg Penguins Vs Ottawa Senators.....The Pens

Man I forgot. Oo no, it is still 1 min left.

No bonuses yet, so it is all ties:

NY Rangers Vs Tampa bay Lightning ...... tie

Pittsburg Penguins Vs Ottawa Senators ..... tie

No i am going back to my hole till we have enough games to start MN bonus and statistics analysis

PS It is actually 1 min late for the Rangers-Tampa game.

No i am going back to my hole till we have enough games to start MN bonus and statistics analysis

tough break

well you got the Pittsburgh - Ottawa game right Chocolate.

Cenner Hice must be busy because he did not do any predictions.

There are a lot of winners tonight (except me). :D

1 for 1 HTL. :D

WHO HOO can we stop now??? :P

For tomorrows games OCT. 5th,,, i'm gonna go with

TB and Ottawa to win

P.S. Cenner made his predictions in post #31 ;)

Cenner Hice must be busy because he did not do any predictions.

There are a lot of winners tonight (except me). :D

1 for 1 HTL. :D

:rolleyes:

Yeesh! Give a guy a chance...

I was, indeed, busy hitting some drums for the entertainment of a number of people in Cambridge (yes, the place with the university). An enjoyable evening all round.

But, as you might remember, I usually only update everything the following morning. As that's now, Here it is:

Good Morning, Hello and welcome to the 2008/09 Magic Number prediction season. We have 12 starters this season (though I expect many more to join or re-join the FUN). Results from yesterday and the resultant table (still in last seasons colours) are posted below:

Predictions4Oct08.jpg

and

MNScoreboard-1.jpg

well you got the Pittsburgh - Ottawa game right Chocolate.

Yes, I did. And it is a shame! I made a mistake - ties are not friendly to bonuses. Even at the beginning of season they still give 3 points to our opposition. Oh well, as they say, I will take it. This time however, I can go with 100% bonus friendly predictions:

Bonus friendly predictions for Oct 5:

TB vs NYR .... TB (more NL points)

Ott vs Pit ...... Ott (more NL points)

Archived