The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn - The Countdown

GIJAYNE

:) Poor O'Byrne, he could probably win numerous Cups, awards, etc but he will be forever known for "stealing" some girl's purse.... even though from what I hear, he was trying to help out a fellow teammate (just rumours anyways).

Btw, I'm just kidding about the handbag/purse thing. I use neither.

Looking forward to the game this Saturday, part of me is excited because the Ducks were the champions just two years ago so it would be a good benchmark to see how Montreal plays a "tough" western team.... but then, I tell myself, the Ducks have only won 2 out of 7 games... one against the lowly laughable laffs, which went to a shootout.... not sure what to expect.

Those are the teams you fear. ;)

MN Bonus available for 2008.10.23:

(We got the bonus yesterday and we have a chanse for a bonus today)

...1 bonus - if 3 of the following 4 happen:

...... Boston loses to Toronto in regulation;

...... Pittsburgh loses to Carolina in regulation;

...... Washington loses to Phoenix in regulation;

...... Islanders lose to Dallas.

MN Bonus available for 2008.10.23:

(We got the bonus yesterday and we have a chanse for a bonus today)

...1 bonus - if 3 of the following 4 happen:

...... Boston loses to Toronto in regulation;

...... Pittsburgh loses to Carolina in regulation;

...... Washington loses to Phoenix in regulation;

...... Islanders lose to Dallas.

Looks like the chance for that bonus point tonight is slim... but,hey ya neva no... eh!

Looks like the chance for that bonus point tonight is slim... but,hey ya neva no... eh!

Too bad it wasn't just a matter of the laffs losing to another team scenario. If so, the bonus point would be pretty much guaranteed. :D

Hope Washington spanks the Coyotes. As for pit(iful)s, laffs, booins, and candycanes, I hope they all beat each other up somehow.

HLD_sig.jpg

I NEED HOCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!

All work and no hockey make HLD something something…

As tough as a week I’m having at work, and as hard as it is having two poopers at home to look after, and as sleep deprived I am, the agony would have been significantly more bearable had we had a proper dosage of Les Habitants to numb the pain.

34 hours till HABS puck drop tomorrow seems entirely too far and I’m going slowly crazy I am slowy going crazy slowly crazy I am…

In the meanwhile, no news about Andrei coming back…not good. On an individual level he is a human being and the life style as well as the level of comfort for the rest of his life hangs in the balance. More importantly, on a selfish level, he is an integral part of the team, and if we are to push for a cup this year we need him in the line-up – no questions. Here’s hoping for a solid and 100% recovery.

NL STANDINGS OCTOBER 24, 2008:

POST.jpg

MN Bonus available for 2008.10.25:

There are some chances for bonuses tonight. Even 2 bonuses are available.

...2 bonuses - unlikely - if all 5 of the the following 5 happen:

...... the Boston vs Atlanta game does not end with Atlanta winning in OT/SO

...... Islanders lose to Carolina

...... Toronto loses to Ottawa in regulation

...... Washington loses to Dallas in regulation

...... Tampa loses to San Jose in regulation

...1 bonus - if 3 of the the following 5 happen:

...... Boston loses to Atlanta

...... Toronto loses to Ottawa

...... Washington loses to Dallas

...... Tampa loses to San Jose

...... Florida loses to St Louis in regulation

MN Bonus available for 2008.10.25:

There are some chances for bonuses tonight. Even 2 bonuses are available.

...2 bonuses - unlikely - if all 5 of the the following 5 happen:

...... the Boston vs Atlanta game does not end with Atlanta winning in OT/SO

...... Islanders lose to Carolina

...... Toronto loses to Ottawa in regulation

...... Washington loses to Dallas in regulation

...... Tampa loses to San Jose in regulation

...1 bonus - if 3 of the the following 5 happen:

...... Boston loses to Atlanta

...... Toronto loses to Ottawa

...... Washington loses to Dallas

...... Tampa loses to San Jose

...... Florida loses to St Louis in regulation

odds look good for 1 bonus

Good morning and good riddance. It's about time we got the HABS back on the ice. I'm on my mobile today so I don't have the spreadsheet, but I will update the table and numbers for tomorrow.

As for tonight, I don't know who is in the line-up, but assuming BGL is back, we should be able to not only respond positively to the Ducks' physical game, but dish out some of our own.

Enjoy the game all :D

Good morning and good riddance. It's about time we got the HABS back on the ice. I'm on my mobile today so I don't have the spreadsheet, but I will update the table and numbers for tomorrow.

As for tonight, I don't know who is in the line-up, but assuming BGL is back, we should be able to not only respond positively to the Ducks' physical game, but dish out some of our own.

Enjoy the game all :D

UGGGH!!! I thought I was watching the playoffs vs. the Flyers tonight... I missed O'Byrne's size (again) vs. those big opposition forwards too. Comedy of errors, poor officiating, much less than stellar goaltending, missed assignments, poor communication... you name it we saw it. Breezer? Roman who? Andrei who? Mike who? Big zero!

Never mind better luck next time... better play better next time period.

MN Bonus available for 2008.10.27:

...1 bonus - if Boston loses to Edmonton (and it will be one bump less in the case ...)

I've never been a fan of rooting for the Oilers. I suppose, though, it's for a greater cause ... :lol::D

HLD_sig.jpg

TIME IS NOT ON MY SIDE

Phew…what a weekend and what a start to the week. I am all for 50 hour days so I can get around to the more important things in life…such as the HABS and the forum.

A quick recap of Saturday would be to say the lazy plays on our end were expected. Not justified but expected. The guys had entirely too long between games. No one is gelling yet this early in the season, and an elongated six days from game day to game day just cooled everyone off. Might as well have been the first game of the season. As for the refs, I didn’t agree with a few of their calls and missed calls (what’s new there) especially on the penalty shot.

However there is a sliver lining to this loss. We were down and we caught up. We got ahead and let it slip out of our hands. We left our goalies out to dry and it was an all around disappointing and pathetic loss. The locker room was pretty demoralised I’m sure, and the coaching staff must have (should have / hopefully did) pull a John Tortorellaesqu tantrum after the game. So what’s so good ni all this. This is our first significant adversity in the season. It might be just two points lost against an out of Conference team early in the season, but mentally and emotionally it was a pretty hard blow. It will be interesting to see how the team and locker-room react to this, and I’ve got my money on a Dominant (with a capital “D”) win over the Canes.

NL STANDINGS OCTOBER 27, 2008:

POST.jpg

Archived