U Totem - U Totem

Surashri Kesarbai Kerkar - Golden Milestones

Oidupaa Vladimir Oiun - Divine Music From a Jail

Robert Ashley - In Sara, Mencken, ***** and Beethoven There Were Men and Women

Pauline Oliveros - Alien Bog

Dagmar Andrtová-Voňková - Živá voda

Cukor Bila Smert' - Manirna Muzyka

• 3 months later...

A warm day today so I dusted off a few records...

Lee "Scratch" Perry - Roast Fish, Collie Weed, and Cornbread LP

Lee "Scratch" Perry - "The Upsetter" 7"

The Upsetters - Super Ape LP

Max Romeo - "Chase the Devil" 7"

Max Romeo - Revelation Time LP

King Tubby - Dub From the Roots LP

Dandy Livingstone - "Rudy, A Message to You" 7"

• 4 months later...

We must be getting older as the artists of our youth are dieing off.

As one old timer said to another, "I can still do every I could do 40 yeats ago". :rolleyes:B)

The other old timer anwsered, "Yeah! It just takes longer!" :lol::D:P:)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wrong

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

The song comes from the album "Obscured by Clouds"

Deep Purple.....one of my all time favorite rock bands.

Today's Globe & Mail has a good article on Purple & Made in Japan. Can find it on their site.

Guest habs1952

The song comes from the album "Obscured by Clouds"

Today's Globe & Mail has a good article on Purple & Made in Japan. Can find it on their site.

Made in Japan was my favorite album. Gonna read the article and thanks for the heads up. :)

Made in Japan was my favorite album. Gonna read the article and thanks for the heads up. :)

Hey, DP master. I have cd Made in Japan and it says "a 2-record set on 1 cd" and has 7 tunes. I-tunes in their I-store lists 10 tunes. Whats-up?

I'm a Pink fan over a Purple and so display my ignorance of DP.

Other fave bands of mine are Cream, Hendrix, Fleetwood Mac(definetly pre-Buckingham and Nicks), Steve Miller, Jeff Beck, Led Zepp, Stones, Beatles and some I'm not remembering such as old Jefferson Airplane, Zappa & the Dead.

Was garage saling this a.m. and found Zepp's How the West was Won(3 cd set. A little higher priced than I wanted at $5, but it happens. Actually I have an arrangement with a friend who sells used cds at a flea market. He'll pay what I pay for old rock. If he finds some I'm looking for he loans me them.

I have over 850 artists and 21000 songs on my computer and some 16000 on my i-pod. In the process of selling my 1200 plus cds to a used vendor. Once all organized.

Back to original topic. Did you read and enjoy the Purple article?

We have Tuesday's Gone playing at the shop.

For those of you who don't know the song... It's by a great Southern Rock band called Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Trivia. Did you know the man who's name inspired the Lynyrd Skynyrd died a while back. He was a HS teacher. Be back in 5 minutes with the answer.

Guest habs1952

Hey, DP master. I have cd Made in Japan and it says "a 2-record set on 1 cd" and has 7 tunes. I-tunes in their I-store lists 10 tunes. Whats-up?

I'm a Pink fan over a Purple and so display my ignorance of DP.

Other fave bands of mine are Cream, Hendrix, Fleetwood Mac(definetly pre-Buckingham and Nicks), Steve Miller, Jeff Beck, Led Zepp, Stones, Beatles and some I'm not remembering such as old Jefferson Airplane, Zappa & the Dead.

Was garage saling this a.m. and found Zepp's How the West was Won(3 cd set. A little higher priced than I wanted at $5, but it happens. Actually I have an arrangement with a friend who sells used cds at a flea market. He'll pay what I pay for old rock. If he finds some I'm looking for he loans me them.

I have over 850 artists and 21000 songs on my computer and some 16000 on my i-pod. In the process of selling my 1200 plus cds to a used vendor. Once all organized.

Back to original topic. Did you read and enjoy the Purple article?

The original MIJ had 7 tunes but the re-mastered cd's (2cd set) added 3 'encore' songs the band performed while in Japan.

I'm a fan of Abba and Pink and quite a few other bands. Personally, I like all kinds of music except crap rap. It doesn't matter to me who the band is or the genre of music if the song sounds good. Even some one hit wonders had song's I like. Sometimes I wish I had been born in Europe as I think their music is so much better than here in North America.

Here's how diverse my music taste is:

The original MIJ had 7 tunes but the re-mastered cd's (2cd set) added 3 'encore' songs the band performed while in Japan.

I'm a fan of Abba and Pink and quite a few other bands. Personally, I like all kinds of music except crap rap. It doesn't matter to me who the band is or the genre of music if the song sounds good. Even some one hit wonders had song's I like. Sometimes I wish I had been born in Europe as I think their music is so much better than here in North America.

A failure to comunicate by me. Don't care for Abba but recognize their talent. My Pink is in the Floyd thread. Band named after two blues players.

Thanks for the info on DP. Listened to it in garage today. Really does rock.

Guest habs1952

A failure to comunicate by me. Don't care for Abba but recognize their talent. My Pink is in the Floyd thread. Band named after two blues players.

Thanks for the info on DP. Listened to it in garage today. Really does rock.

I meant to say Pink Floyd not just Pink. Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. Masterpieces!

I meant to say Pink Floyd not just Pink. Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. Masterpieces!

Abba threw me off. Saw them twice in Detroit before moved west. First time was at Ford auditorium, where Detroit Philharmonic plays(ed?). Sat anout 5000 and had speakers totally surrounding us. Heart beat started on left at front and slowly went around while the band started to come out. At end, after encore, the roadies started to dismantle stage while Gilmour sat and played, until there was just him. Everyone just quietly got up and left. No more encores.

Sometimes I wish I had been born in Europe as I think their music is so much better than here in North America.

I usually tended to favour European artists. Montreal has a vibrant music scene IMO. Maybe some hardcore Canadian music critic could put me in my place, but I think Montreal leads.

Living in shadow of Detroit in the 60's-70's soul and R&B dominated which turned me off. Did go to outdoor concert at U of Windsor during orientation week in early 70's. Was close to stage and saw Ike & Tina, James Brown, Persuasions and others. Had house mate who loved Persuasions and did overkill in house so hated them. But live all of the performances were SUPER. No regrets!

Also saw Sha-na-na live. Different concert. Again great performance but their live album didn't carry same energy.

Guest habs1952

The WHO are on tour. I didn't think they were still playing. Must need $$$$, but should be worth seeing. B)

If I had a ticket I'd give you $500 to take it off my hands.