The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Bands

I just got the news today - guess who's back into the recording studio?

The one and only Chicago!!!

http://www.undercover.fm/news/12946-video-chicago-back-in-the-studio-with-phil-ramone

the chili peppers are too ;)

also loving the band vampire weekend.

oh and the doors.

Any other rockers here?

Shinedown

Nickleback

Metallica

Those are my three favorite bands.

i've seen shine down twice, nickleback and shine down are mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh metallica is good though ish

• 2 weeks later...

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. 'Home' in particular. Cannot stop listening to it.

I don't even like Rhianna, Jay-Z is okay and I don't really listen to this genre but I cannot - not- listen to this song. No clue why... "Run This Town'. I keep picturing this awesome Habs vid that I'd make with song in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVA-xTBeHyM

And lastly, and this perplexes me to no end but

:blink: I don't know.

• 1 month later...

Rumors are flying on the net that U2 is set to announce that they will be coming this summer on tour to Moncton,N.B....on Magnetic Hill.

Sure hope so,cause I've been waiting & hearing this rumor last 2yrs now.

Supposedly,announcement coming down Monday...we shall see.....I love their music,Bono rocks.

Rumors are flying on the net that U2 is set to announce that they will be coming this summer on tour to Moncton,N.B....on Magnetic Hill.

Supposedly,announcement coming down Monday...we shall see.....I love their music,Bono rocks.

[random] heyy I've been to Moncton, N.B before. [/random]

Sure hope they go, for your sake. :)

[random] heyy I've been to Moncton, N.B before. [/random]

Sure hope they go, for your sake. :)

Cool....& tks,I'm actually from St.John,N.B,,,hour & a half drive....went to see the STONES when they went to Magnetic Hill.(Moncton)...that was a blast.

There's my 2 cents

Hey tks for showing those videos,,,I'm into the blues...somewhat bluesy tastes there.:D

Although they keep adding more and more concerts to this 2-3 year tour, I am expecting Moncton won't end up on the list. I wish it would of course -- been to Moncton, if just the once, for volleyball nationals (my son playing) -- just super-well organized by the city and hosting was as friendly as one could hope for (traditional Maritime hospitality).

Saw U2 in Toronto in Sep'09 and have tickets again for this summer there -- a really great concert; the circular, rotating video screen above them is something else. Here's hoping they come to NB; absolutely get tickets if they do.

My Fav bands:

• U2
  • Led Zeppelin
  • The Killers
  • The Cure

I listen to alot of classic rock like Pink Floyd Zeppelin Beatles Def Leppard Boston etc.

Im looking for a newer band that plays styles like above or a band with sounds like Red hot Chili peppers or the band i forget how to spell their name but their francophone and sing Montreal-40

Not sure if they are what you are looking for, but The Killers are a U.S group that are heavily influenced by British rock. For a while I thought their front man, Brandon Flowers, might be the next Bono, but it hasn't panned out that way. Their albums go straight to #1 or #2 in Britain and Ireland when they come out, but in North America ..... pfffft.

Check out The Killers Live at the Royal Albert Hall (CD / DVD); it is oft cited as one of the best live rock albums/DVD's of the last 10 years.

Sample (the venue really is the best concert hall there is):

Although they keep adding more and more concerts to this 2-3 year tour, I am expecting Moncton won't end up on the list. I wish it would of course --

Well,guess we'll find out Monday...Donald K. Donald is apparently gonna hold a press conference/an announcement in Moncton....all rumors have it being U2....*Fingers crossed*

Well,guess we'll find out Monday...Donald K. Donald is apparently gonna hold a press conference/an announcement in Moncton....all rumors have it being U2....*Fingers crossed*

Yeah, I just read some of that on the news/rumours media ... looks more promising than I initially imagined. Here's hoping .... best of luck! If it is a go, you may need to join U2.com to get a key/pass to purchase tickets in advance of general sale ... T.O.'s would be sold out before general sale.

Yeah, I just read some of that on the news/rumours media ... looks more promising than I initially imagined. Here's hoping .... best of luck! If it is a go, you may need to join U2.com to get a key/pass to purchase tickets in advance of general sale ... T.O.'s would be sold out before general sale.

It has just been announced & confirmed.....July 30th...In Moncton-on the hill....I"m pumped.

Guess you're going, I'm considering. Also trying to win tickets from the radio stations.

Yep...planning on it.

Public on sale of tickets for the U2 performance in Moncton will begin on Tuesday, February 8th at 10am. Reserved grandstand seats will be available at $29.50, $99.50, & $199.50, while general admission tickets are $65.00 each. A limited number of Red Zone tickets will also be available at $275.00. All tickets include taxes but are subject to applicable service charges. Purchase all tickets online at www.Ticketmaster.ca and www.Livenation.com with some general admission tickets available at Needs Convenience Stores across Atlantic Canada, the Moncton Coliseum Box Office or charge by phone at 1-888-720-5600.

I'm not familiar with the opening acts though...

Joining U2 and Arcade Fire on the bill will be up and coming rock band, Carney. Carney's first full length album, entitled "Mr. Green", was released in May 2010 on DAS Label/Interscope. For more information on Carney, please visit www.CarneyTheBand.com.

More info ...

http://www.u2.com/to..._u2_360_tour/73

It has just been announced & confirmed.....July 30th...In Moncton-on the hill....I"m pumped.

Yeah, JH, I heard it today (announced). That's just great, and especially for the Maritimes -- you guys don't often get "huge name" performers.

You may have to get your U2.com membership to get tickets. Adds about $30 to each of your 4 tickets (max.) you can purchase but it likely would be worse if you were faced with buying them from the ticket resellers (aka, scum of the earth). That's the reason for the set-up -- try and keep tickets out of the hands of the resellers.

But don't miss the concert; it is a great one. There'll be some changes to the set list from 2009, which is good for me as I have tickets to see them again (T.O.).

I can tell you the Maritime crowd would be better to be a part of!

Yeah, FH, I heard it today (announced). That's just great, and especially for the Maritimes -- you guys don't often get "huge name" performers.

You may have to get your U2.com membership to get tickets.

tks...but I'll try my luck with TICKET MASTER.B)

I have U2's RATTLE & HUM dvd...awesome stuff.....am now listening to a DVD I borrowed from a co-worker...GO HOME-LIVE FROM SLANE CASTLE IRELAND.......my god....I love this band to death.:P

But don't miss the concert; it is a great one.

Not planning on it,that's for sure.:D

Hey FH what's the name of the "hill" again. It was mentioned here on the radio but I have forgotten.

Magnetic Hill.....where the STONES played a couple of years ago.....what a day that was.....few feet away from the stage I was......seeing Keith & Mick together was way to cool.B)

Now that must have been awesome.

Made my day...huge Stones fan I am of course....th322-rolling-stones.gif

:D

Anyways...am looking forward to seeing U2......BONO ROCKS!

Made my day...huge Stones fan I am of course....th322-rolling-stones.gif

:D

Anyways...am looking forward to seeing U2......BONO ROCKS!

Nice. I am happy for you, FH. Enjoy :D

I listen to alot of classic rock like Pink Floyd Zeppelin Beatles Def Leppard Boston etc.

Im looking for a newer band that plays styles like above or a band with sounds like Red hot Chili peppers or the band i forget how to spell their name but their francophone and sing Montreal-40

Malajube?