The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

MLB

roy_133

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Yankees have some of the best young pitching talent in the AL, they've just been blocked by the veterans. Here's what I expect the rotation to be next year (assuming there are no trades or free agent signings):

SP#1: Chien-Ming Wang

SP#2: Phil Hughes

SP#3: Ian Kennedy

SP#4: Joba Chamberlain

SP#5: Carl Pavano or Mike Mussina

Gone: Clemens (retied), Pettite (retire :()

Waiting in the Minors: Humberto Sanchez, Jeff Karstens, Kei Igawa, Tyler Clippard, Darrell Rasner,...

They have so much depth at starting pitcher but all the free agent acquisitions the Yankees make usually block these kids.

NOTE: I'm not a Yankees fan, this is just my opinion on knowing some of the players from scouting reports...so I'm not even sure if Joba will be converted for 2008 or not and If Pavano will ever play again for the Yanks.

Well, it's already been confirmed that Joba will be converted back to a starter for next season. I also think you will see Pettite back, with Kennedy spending 1 more year in the minors, Pettite has a player option, and I think he will pitch 1 more season, which would make their staff look great.

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1
Well, it's already been confirmed that Joba will be converted back to a starter for next season. I also think you will see Pettite back, with Kennedy spending 1 more year in the minors, Pettite has a player option, and I think he will pitch 1 more season, which would make their staff look great.

Pettite was one of my favorite pitchers when he was with the Astros and I'd be really pleased to see him back. I'm pretty sure that if Torre isn't the manager of the Yankees in 2008 then Pettite won't be back. Pettite is very close with Torre and a main reason he cam back.

Ian Kennedy impressed me in the last 2 months of the season and I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he steals a spot in the rotation out of camp. He put up some great numbers this year:

1-0, 1.89 ERA, 15 K's, 9 BB's in 19 IP.

Ian Kennedy impressed me in the last 2 months of the season and I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he steals a spot in the rotation out of camp. He put up some great numbers this year:

1-0, 1.89 ERA, 15 K's, 9 BB's in 19 IP.

Yes and he was GREAT in the minors as well I believe, but I just don't know if they'll go with 3 unproven pitchers heading into next season, their last at Yankee Stadium.

Guest Brisebois

Well the Red Sox also confirmed last year at that time that Papelbon will be converted back to a starter. Even in spring training they planned him in that role. We all know what happend.

Guest Brisebois

Now it's 10-1 Boston in the third. Everythings going wrong right now for Cleveland. It really looks like we got a game 7. That series is definately worth watching.

Guest Brisebois

What a great comeback by the Red Sox. This will be an exciting World Series. The Rockies won 21 of their last 22 games and won 2 out of 3 at Fenway in june. They held the Sox to only 5 runs over that 3 games and scored 20 runs.

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1
What a great comeback by the Red Sox. This will be an exciting World Series. The Rockies won 21 of their last 22 games and won 2 out of 3 at Fenway in june. They held the Sox to only 5 runs over that 3 games and scored 20 runs.

Yeah, I can't wait to watch this series. I'll be cheering for my Canadian boy Jeff Francis vs Josh Beckett in game 1. But in reality I don't think the rockies' pitching will be able to handle red sox's hitting.

I say Red Sox win in 5 because you can't stay hot forever and the Rockies had pretty much one week off (which is pretty much unheard of in baseball).

stupid indians... way to blow chunks. oh well. go colorado !

I generally don't watch any baseball once the Braves are out/not in it but I did see the highlights this morning from yesterdays game :rolleyes::rolleyes: 3-2 for the Red Sox, the indians can tie it annnnnddd they make the runner hold at 3rd :blink: Go for broke, if your thrown out your thrown out but if you score the game is tied and it puts more pressur eon the other guys

Guest spankydriscoll
I generally don't watch any baseball once the Braves are out/not in it but I did see the highlights this morning from yesterdays game :rolleyes::rolleyes: 3-2 for the Red Sox, the indians can tie it annnnnddd they make the runner hold at 3rd :blink: Go for broke, if your thrown out your thrown out but if you score the game is tied and it puts more pressur eon the other guys

true, but as greg zaun put it, the carom fooled Skinner, and he saw it heading towards Ramirez, so he held Lofton up. Hindsight is 20/20. It's not his fault that Westbrook took about 4 innings to finally get going.

Guest habsfan#08
Looking forward to seeing the Rockies in their first WS. Hope they beat the dead sox.

I'm so with you. Some Sox fans are like Leaf fans... :rolleyes: Them and their, we beat the curse, we can win a division with one decent team to beat!!! Sometimes they can be alright but sometimes they're just jerks.

What month is it? ROCKTOBER!!!!!!!!

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1

I want the Rockies to win but man are the red sox exciting to watch. That team is never out of game and can hit practically anything coming off anyone's arm. The real question in my opinion is; "do the rockies have the arms it takes to retire the BoSox?" I'd have to say no. Francis will pitch well but he will be outshined by Beckett. The rest of their rotation is a toss up. That Ulbano guy has 99mph stuff but can he maintain control under world series pressure? Josh Fogg rounds out the rotation, he's been good but I think he'll get abused and destroyed againts the Sox. Should be a good series and i can't wait. :D

Guest Jesus Price
I'm so with you. Some Sox fans are like Leaf fans... :rolleyes: Them and their, we beat the curse, we can win a division with one decent team to beat!!! Sometimes they can be alright but sometimes they're just jerks.

What month is it? ROCKTOBER!!!!!!!!

what are you talking about ? :unsure: win the division with one decent team to beat? If your referring to the Yanks, I think its unfair to say there only a decent team. A decent team would be the Jays (who they also had to beat to win the divison) I dont think the Sox are anytihng comparable to the Leafs. Sox have a great team! and as for jerks? how are they jerks? because they won the division there jerks? because they beat 'the curse' there jerks?

Guest habsfan#08
what are you talking about ? :unsure: win the division with one decent team to beat? If your referring to the Yanks, I think its unfair to say there only a decent team. A decent team would be the Jays (who they also had to beat to win the divison) I dont think the Sox are anytihng comparable to the Leafs. Sox have a great team! and as for jerks? how are they jerks? because they won the division there jerks? because they beat 'the curse' there jerks?

Nah, it's some of the fans when I went to Boston. Sox fans overheard I was from Toronto at a game and they started going on about how the jays suck and such. Which...for this season was true but still, all I said was I was from Toronto and was a Jays fan.

Guest lfrommtl
Nah, it's some of the fans when I went to Boston. Sox fans overheard I was from Toronto at a game and they started going on about how the jays suck and such. Which...for this season was true but still, all I said was I was from Toronto and was a Jays fan.

i got the same treatment at yankee stadium when they saw my habs hat

they went on and on about how we didnt deserve the expos in the first place and yada yeada yada

then they said i was an idiot jays fan.

eventually i told them to shut up

but its the superiority complex

look at pens fans

or even sabres fans last year

they were annoying

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1
i got the same treatment at yankee stadium when they saw my habs hat

they went on and on about how we didnt deserve the expos in the first place and yada yeada yada

then they said i was an idiot jays fan.

eventually i told them to shut up

but its the superiority complex

look at pens fans

or even sabres fans last year

they were annoying

It pretty much like that in most cases with diehard fans in sport cities. My friends and I were out one night partying on crescent and we saw two guys with toronto maple leaf hats and one of them had a tml shirt. We gave those guys a pretty hard time but we knew, and they knew that it was all for fun. Just like with the Yankees and Red Sox, it's a rivalry within the game and if you invade they're territory and get on their bad side they'll take you down verbally.

30 minutes until game time! Go Jeff Francis! :D

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1
forget it. series over.

haha, well you might have a point but we need to take into account that Colorado just had an 8 day break. All streaks were thrown out the window and they had to start fresh. In a sport where you play almost everyday, an 8 day break is unheard of and seems like an enternity.

I'm taking the Rockies to win 5-2 tonight in Fenway.

Guest spankydriscoll
haha, well you might have a point but we need to take into account that Colorado just had an 8 day break. All streaks were thrown out the window and they had to start fresh. In a sport where you play almost everyday, an 8 day break is unheard of and seems like an enternity.

I'm taking the Rockies to win 5-2 tonight in Fenway.

you really seem to know what you're talkin about :P

2-0 Sox. Like I said... series over. Colorado may take 2 at home but if it goes to 6 then forget it.

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1
you really seem to know what you're talkin about :P

2-0 Sox. Like I said... series over. Colorado may take 2 at home but if it goes to 6 then forget it.

Exactly what was said with Cleveland winning 3 games to 1 against the red sox...look how that turned out. The rockies have 3 games at home and could easily take 2 out 3 and take their chances against Schilling in Game 6. I'm not saying that the rockies have the firepower offensively to dominate the sox but from last nights game we see that it's closer then game one's score might have suggested.

Lets Go Josh Fogg! :lol: