Canadiens de Montreal

MLB

roy_133

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FlHabsFan

Imagine A-Rod in Colorado. He would hit like 90 home runs. Get a good strike throwing pitching staff (people who get their outs themselves and not have to survive on a good outfield) and the rockies would be unbeatable. And love the Rocktober thing :D

But sports fans are sports fans. NY is a tough place for non yankee fans though. I dont subscribe to that junk though. Ill bust your balls, but I wont kick you in them :lol:

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1

Red Sox win game 3; 10-5 in Colorado.

They now lead the series 3 games to none and Jon Lester will face Aaron Cook in game 4 on Sunday.

Go Rawks Go!

Guest habsfan#08
Imagine A-Rod in Colorado. He would hit like 90 home runs. Get a good strike throwing pitching staff (people who get their outs themselves and not have to survive on a good outfield) and the rockies would be unbeatable. And love the Rocktober thing :D

But sports fans are sports fans. NY is a tough place for non yankee fans though. I dont subscribe to that junk though. Ill bust your balls, but I wont kick you in them :lol:

Never mind his home runs..can you imagine the lineup? Thats 5 guys with 100 RBI potential.

Guest LarryRobinson

IT IS A GOOD TIME TO BE A SOX FAN IN NYC. Just a bit of gushing here, but seriously how sick is this team playing right now. Going back to the Indians series most Sox fans I know were worried, but not really worried. This from a franchise that has tortured its fans for a century. People were like....we got Beckett...thats a win.....Schill shows up in the playoffs....and Dice -K, anything can happen.....Six games later the Indians are golfing and I mean the Rockies have just been outclassed at EVERY facet of the game. They close a gap last night, make it 6-5 and within minutes the young guns Ellsbury and Pedroia shut up that entire stadium. In Bob we trust, but in Theo I bow to. He's made some mistakes errrr.....J.D. Drew and GAGne comes to mind, but he's held onto Ellsbury, Pedroia, Youkilis, Lester, Papelbon, and Delcarmen....and look at that youth now. Being a complete jerk, I wouldnt mind if we lost tonight just so Beckett can eliminate them and clinch his legacy a bit more in game 5, but my gut says SWEEP!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!!

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1

Coors field has fixed it's humidity problems by humidifying the balls in a room before the games. This has resulted in less home runs and Coors was actually an average park in hime runs aloud and several parks have given up more. I'd expect 40-45 homers from A-Rod if he were with the rockies because it's walls are further away then at Yankee stadium.

Guest Brisebois
Coors field has fixed it's humidity problems by humidifying the balls in a room before the games. This has resulted in less home runs and Coors was actually an average park in hime runs aloud and several parks have given up more. I'd expect 40-45 homers from A-Rod if he were with the rockies because it's walls are further away then at Yankee stadium.

You're right. And he had to play most games in the NL West with more pitcher friendly parks like Dodger Stadium and Petco Park.

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1

If you're not already, I recomend any baseball fans to tune into game 4 of the world series on sportsnet here in Canada. Garrett Atkins just hit a 2 run home run to make it 4-3 Boston in the bottom of the 8th. The series is being dominated by Boston 3-0 and if they win they get the world series title, this could be a turning point with Paplebon on the mound with Spilbourghs at the plate and one out!

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1
If you're not already, I recomend any baseball fans to tune into game 4 of the world series on sportsnet here in Canada. Garrett Atkins just hit a 2 run home run to make it 4-3 Boston in the bottom of the 8th. The series is being dominated by Boston 3-0 and if they win they get the world series title, this could be a turning point with Paplebon on the mound with Spilbourghs at the plate and one out!

UPDATE:

Papelbon manages to get Spilbourghs and Hawpe out to keep the lead at 1 going into the 9th. This should be exciting!

GO ROCKIES! RALLY TIME!

Guest Brisebois
Wow, I feel really sorry for the Rockies. They got 8 days off and were then forced to play against a charged up Red Sox team.

Sure the 8 days off hurt the Rockies. But I doubt they would have won the series anyway. The Red Sox were the best team this year in baseball. And the "real" World Series was played between Boston and Cleveland.

Guest habsfan#08

Boooooo. Oh well congrats Red Sox on the amazing post season and congrats to the Rockies on an amazing run of their own.

Now...A-Rods out of NY, where does he go?

Guest LarryRobinson

....to hell according to most Yankee fans down here......but lets not let that money hungry championship lacking ego steal the show from YOUR 2007 WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON RED SOXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY......its so much fun to be obnoxious down here in Yankee land.

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1
Boooooo. Oh well congrats Red Sox on the amazing post season and congrats to the Rockies on an amazing run of their own.

California probably (except Oakland :lol:). I'd narrow it down to San Francisco, LAD or LAA.

Guest habsfan#08
jays will take it next year for sure........ FOR SURE!

Yeah!!!! You're talking finishing second last to the Orioles right? Nah I'm kidding if they had consistent hiting they could...challenge for the wild card.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HabSteve

any red sox fans here ?

I'm not sold on all those Santana rumors, if they can get him without giving Ellsbury i'd be happy, he'd be the guy I wouldn't be willing to deal right now.

Those Tiger should be something with Cabrera and Willis..

Guest HabSteve
TSN talking about the Jays interested in Jason Bay, Erik Bedard and...i think there's someone else, but i'm not sure haha

espn had rumors of a trade that would send Alex Rios to San Francisco for pitcher Tim Lincecum