The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

MLB

roy_133

Guest FlHabsFan

I hope they perform better then last year. Seemed like the yanks would have to score 5-6 runs a game last year to win.

And I agree, thats going to need to be addressed in a couple years. Some of the offense has been around quite awhile too (posada & jeter have been yankees for what 12 years now? Theyre gonna start slowing down in the next 3-5 years)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard next offseason with Giambi coming off the books the Yanks will make a huge push to sign Teixeira, who's UFA.

It would kill me as a Braves fan, but it's exactly what they need, he's young, hits for average, walks, switch hitter, big power, gold glove D at 1st.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Habs_Benny

Absolutely, gotta love seeing baseball highlights and reading box scores again, can't wait to get the regular season going!

Guest RocketPower
If the Jays ever make it to the World Series again.. that is a big if... I'm going to Toronto with an Expos sign saying up yours selig!!!!

Ditto---sure miss the EXPOS.

Guest RocketPower

EXPOS FANS heres one for you--the new stadium :D we were promised and then they bailed :angry: ---was supposed to be 2 blocks from the current BELL CENTER :D .

1-expos01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB

TAICHUNG, Taiwan - The Canadian baseball team has booked its ticket to the Beijing Olympics.

Canada edged undefeated South Korea 4-3 at the qualifying tournament today in Taiwan to improve its record to 5-1.

The victory put Canada in a three-way tie with the Koreans and Taiwan atop the standings.

All three teams have clinched an Olympic berth with one day to go in the qualifier.

Canada closes out the tournament with a game against Germany on Friday.

Canada just missed advancing to the gold-medal game at the 2004 Athens Olympics, losing to 8-5 to Cuba in the semifinals.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=231927&hubname=

Well done, now go and get us a gold medal!

Guest ForeverGuyLafleur

Did anybody see Billy Crystal's first appearance in the Yankees' training camp? I was laughing and I couldn,t believe it when I saw him on the pitch. :lol:

Guest habsfan#08
Did anybody see Billy Crystal's first appearance in the Yankees' training camp? I was laughing and I couldn,t believe it when I saw him on the pitch. :lol:

he made contact!

Guest GoHabsGo57

Just to let baseball fans know, there's a couple of Spring Training Ball games on Rogers Sportsnet this week: Wednesday the RSN Ontario and East channels are showing the Jays vs Red Sox game at Noon ET. Thursday, all 4 RSN channels are showing the Jays vs. Yankees game at 1pm ET.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dintrox12

It would be nice to see another MLB franchise in Canada. However, this sort of speculation in Vancouver comes up every few years..

I have doubts because:

1) Laid back west coast attitude doomed the NBA Grizzlies.

2) The people of Vancouver lost triple A ball and are stuck with a single A club.

I would like to see a team there a rivalry with the Mariners would be cool. I'm just not holding my breath..

Guest lfrommtl
could anyone explain some basic rules?

i never had an opinion about baseball, mainly because i never learned the rules...

you have a guy who throws the ball and another one who tries to hit it. :lol:

i can try to explain it but ill let wiki do it instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_rules#Gameplay

its a pretty relaxed sport and it gets me through summer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest martinm87

I saw the Red Sox vs Yankees on Saturday!!! (dove down to Boston to see game 3 of the playoffs and decided to check out fenway also) I don't want to seem like a Red Sox bandwagoner but it was AMAZING! I've never really been much of a fan of baseball but after experiencing the atmosphere at Fenway Park I'm hooked for life!

Guest GoHabsGo_CanucksAreChoking

According to Wikipedia, Baseball is big in Southeast Asia, which is like China, and there is many Asian people here in Vancouver. (The Vancouver Sun said Lee is the most popular last name in Vancouver now :blink: Used to be Smith) I think it could work.

(One question, is there a lot of Asian people in Montreal?)

Guest GoHabsGo_CanucksAreChoking
According to Wikipedia, Baseball is big in Southeast Asia, which is like China, and there is many Asian people here in Vancouver. (The Vancouver Sun said Lee is the most popular last name in Vancouver now :blink: Used to be Smith) I think it could work.

(One question, is there a lot of Asian people in Montreal?)

Here's the chart..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Visible...f_Vancouver.png

Guest Dintrox12

According to the pie chart -- ethnic chinese are the largest of the non-white minorities.

Baseball is very popular in Japan, the phillipines, and taiwan.

? China is the basketball powerhouse. Basketball is the world's most popular sport after soccer. Why did the NBA Grizzlies fail in Van.?