The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

MLB

roy_133

Guest Brisebois

I know the Red Sox have a very high payroll. Even though they dropped from the second highest payroll to no. 4 and have this season 10 millions less salary to pay. Anyway what I really like are the youngs homegrown players contributing for the Sox. Ellsbury, Pedroia, Buchholz, Lester, Lowrie, Papelbon, Delcarmen, Hansen and today Masterson. The farm system is still deep on talent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of REAL highly touted kids have debuted recently. Reds called up Jay Bruce the other day, great debut. This kid has all the tools to be one of the great players in the game. Kershaw had a very nice debut in LA this past weekend, what an electric arm. He's still only 20.

He's going to be the best LHP in baseball in a very short time.

• 2 weeks later...
Junior has the nicest swing in baseball. Imagine what he could have done if he wasn't injured for a few seasons.

Yeah his stroke is beautiful.

From 2001 - 2006 if he had played say 150 games a year we'd be talking like an extra 340 games in that time span, so really the sky's the limit.

I think in a lot of ways Griffey will be remembered like Mickey Mantle. Anyone who saw the Mick in his prime says the samething, great ball player, hall of famer, but he could have been the greatest of all time if it weren't for the way he lived his life (partying ect) and all the injuries he had.

Griffey is in my mind, the most talented player of my era, of everyone I saw, and that includes Bonds, ARod or anyone else you name.

Most exciting ballplayer I ever saw.

Griffey is in my mind, the most talented player of my era, of everyone I saw, and that includes Bonds, ARod or anyone else you name.

Most exciting ballplayer I ever saw.

You're absolutely right. He was so exciting. Even though I would like to add a pitcher who was as much exciting. Pedro Martinez in his prime.

Even though I would like to add a pitcher who was as much exciting. Pedro Martinez in his prime.

I was watching Ken Burns Baseball documentary and Vin Scully, the Dodgers famous broadcaster was telling a story about Sandy Koufax, and basically it was that after 1 batter, he'd get the feeling that Sandy could throw a no hitter or a perfect game, that's how good he was.

I got the same feeling with Pedro... Every start it seemed like he could throw a perfect game. His peak didn't last a long time, but from say 97-02 he was the best I've ever seen.

So the Mets finally fired Willie. Hmm

Ohh my goodness, really?! I guess it was inevitable... but wow. We'll see how the Mets season goes from here, I guess.

I was watching Ken Burns Baseball documentary and Vin Scully, the Dodgers famous broadcaster was telling a story about Sandy Koufax, and basically it was that after 1 batter, he'd get the feeling that Sandy could throw a no hitter or a perfect game, that's how good he was.

I got the same feeling with Pedro... Every start it seemed like he could throw a perfect game. His peak didn't last a long time, but from say 97-02 he was the best I've ever seen.

Koufax was really, really good. That was also before relief pitchers became so dominant.

I could be wrong, but I think Koufax and Martinez were around the same size when they were in their prime. I never saw either in person, but they did not look all that big.

• 3 weeks later...

The Brewers have traded for C.C. Sabathia. Matt LaPorta a very talented slugging 1st baseman and Left Fielder and 2 other prospects were traded to the Indians. Even if Milwaukee can't re-sign Sabathia this deal makes sense for them. LaPorta seems to be ready for the MLB but the Brewers have no position to play him. They'll end up either with a contract extension for Sabathia or they get an early high draft pick.

The Brewers have traded for C.C. Sabathia. Matt LaPorta a very talented slugging 1st baseman and Left Fielder and 2 other prospects were traded to the Indians. Even if Milwaukee can't re-sign Sabathia this deal makes sense for them. LaPorta seems to be ready for the MLB but the Brewers have no position to play him. They'll end up either with a contract extension for Sabathia or they get an early high draft pick.

Wow...Santana first during the off-season and now Sabathia during the season. That division has lost a lot of good pitching

think the jays will trade Burnett... i feel they need to trade halladay i know hes the ace but hes the only pitcher i feel we can get a very most for...?

I think Burnett will be in Philly by the end of this month.

As for Roy, I've heard the idea broached before, it's interesting because they could put a pretty good staff together centered around Marcum, Litsch and McGowan (obviously add another 2 type guy from there) and get a real big bat for the heart of their lineup.

In fact, the word is Prince Fielder will be on the market this offseason, I read Ken Rosenthal saying that the Brew are going to go for it this year (hence getting big CC), then let CC and Sheets walk, and potentially deal Prince because they aren't really crazy about his body (out of shape) and he rejected a similar long term contract to the one Braun signed.

Now if they're going into rebuilding mode, maybe Roy wouldn't be the guy they wanted, but a package centered around Marcum or McGowan would be a nice start with them losing their 2 (by a wide margin) best pitchers probably this offseason.

Well Prince Fielder might be best suited in the AL as a DH but I'm not sure if the Brewers are going to trade him. Because if they decided to trade him why did they trade LaPorta? LaPorta could have been their first baseman for years to come. And I just can see the Brewers being so stupid to trade both of LaPorta and Fielder.

He seemed to do it so effortless, god I hope hes clean, because I couldn't help but think of McGuire's and Sosa's derbies when he went on that run.

And btw Halladay has just spoken out again about the Jays and for the first time in his career threatened to leave the team if they don't turn it around.

As for Burnett, Stand Pat Gillick wants Burnett and seems to be the only suitor and doesn't want to give away any decent prospects.

If the Jays seem remotely close to being in it AJ stays.