MLB

roy_133

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ribz&ryder_connexion
Dang jays almost came back.

I know too bad. Their pitching was BRUTAL today (well from what I saw at the bottom of the 7th when I got home...).

Another extra innings win for the Braves... McCann another big home run tonight, this time a 9th inning 2 run shot to send the game to extras.

Hudson pitched great despite the no decision, 7 innings, 2 hits, 1 run, 5ks.

Looked a lot like the Hudson from Oakland, had his sinker working and was getting tons of ground balls.

Nice to start with the season with a couple wins.

Guest Blockoman

The Jays have all the offense they need. Wells, Glaus and Thomas the big sluggers, Overbay and Rios reliable base hitters with Zaun providing an occasional surprise.

Pitching, however, will be their downfall. Outside of Halladay and Burnett (when he's having a good day of course), I just don't see much happening. Hopefully Chacin, Ohka and the fledgling Towers will prove me wrong.

Guest ribz&ryder_connexion

Game was postponed due to cold weather.. oh well ;) They Jays need to find some good relief pitchers man...

Guest cup crazy88
DICE-K baby wooo

7 innings strong 10 k's 1 run

LETS GO RED SOX!!!

most people where scared to pick him in my fantasy league, but i took him NP... if he keeps that up he will put me over the top with Johan Santana, Felix Hernandez, CC sabathia and Dan Harren as my SPs ;)

Guest habsfan#08
most people where scared to pick him in my fantasy league, but i took him NP... if he keeps that up he will put me over the top with Johan Santana, Felix Hernandez, CC sabathia and Dan Harren as my SPs ;)

O my....thats a scary rotation. :shock:

Another win for Atlanta yesterday over Philly, sweep 3-0,

We start a series with the Mets tonight, we got our number 5 guy going, Redman, so I expect the Mets offense to really rough him up, I am excited for the Glavine Smoltz matchup Saturday though.

Guest natey2k4
Another win for Atlanta yesterday over Philly, sweep 3-0,

We start a series with the Mets tonight, we got our number 5 guy going, Redman, so I expect the Mets offense to really rough him up, I am excited for the Glavine Smoltz matchup Saturday though.

You serious? Mark Redman? I think you'll be suprised.

Guest natey2k4

Pirates starting a three games set tonight against the Reds.

Paul Maholm gets the start for the Bucs against Matt Belisle..

Should be a good one. GO PIRATES.

Jays are opening up a three game set with the D-Rays.

It'll be Chacin versus Shields, I expect a win.

Guest kayc906

Our first loss yesterday!! What a bad way to loose. Bases loaded, Hernandez hit the batter.. guy walk.. We lost like this. Series against Seattle starting today.

You serious? Mark Redman? I think you'll be suprised.

I am serious, I've seen a lot of Redman, he's good for 10-13 wins with the Braves offense, but the Mets trash junk balling lefties, so if he comes out and shuts them down I will be very surprised.

And that's not to say I don't like Redman as our 5 starter, because he's a very good 5 starter, lefty, chews innings, can win double digits, just I hate the match up

Guest lecavalierrocks

hey I have a question about MLB...whats the difference between the American League and the National League??? dont they all play against each other???

Guest habsfan#08
hey I have a question about MLB...whats the difference between the American League and the National League??? dont they all play against each other???

It's kinda like East and West Conferences, the teams will play eachc other but not often. And the announcers alweays make a big deal of it too.

Another difference, in the AL they have the Designated hitter (who only bats), while in the NL the pitcher is usually the 9th batter. So when AL teams go to the NL to play their pitcher needs to bat. Not much else I can think of.

Guest lecavalierrocks
It's kinda like East and West Conferences, the teams will play eachc other but not often.  And the announcers alweays make a big deal of it too.

Another difference, in the AL they have the Designated hitter (who only bats), while in the NL the pitcher is usually the 9th batter.  So when AL teams go to the NL to play their pitcher needs to bat.  Not much else I can think of.

Not really...But thanks for the explanation!!!

Guest natey2k4
I am serious, I've seen a lot of Redman, he's good for 10-13 wins with the Braves offense, but the Mets trash junk balling lefties, so if he comes out and shuts them down I will be very surprised.

And that's not to say I don't like Redman as our 5 starter, because he's a very good 5 starter, lefty, chews innings, can win double digits, just I hate the match up

He was good for 10 wins with the ROYALS offense. He'll be fine in Atlanta.

He was good for 10 wins with the ROYALS offense. He'll be fine in Atlanta.

Like I said, he will be fine, I do expect 12-13 wins from him with our offense, but I just hated the matchup against the Mets and I knew he was going to get touched up.

I do like the guy, and I like the signing, he's a great 5 guy for us.