The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

MLB

roy_133

And... I think it's kind of funny how the "pathetic Rays fans" and "the Trop is a piece of crap" talk started AFTER the Sox lost the ALCS. Classy... really :rolleyes:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cubs might be the lovable losers but that's exactly what the Red Sox were till 2004. The Red Sox sold out their games even before they won it all. But this isn't about the Cubs or the Red Sox it's about the Rays. People didn't even show up in this season. Their home games were filled with away fans especially when the Red Sox and the Yankees were in town. People in Tampa didn't care about baseball since this August when they were really close to making the play-offs. Well the same thing happend down there with the Lightning. But on top of being nearly all bandwagoners they have those stupid and annoying cowbells and a db sitting near homeplate who is even more annoying. By the way that talk about how pathetic they are started before the series. ;)

In THIS thread, calling Tampa fans "pathetic" started after the Red Sox lost. Your post:

I'm a Red Sox fan who has now to root for the Phillies. I respect the Rays team and they deserved to win it but I just can't stand a team with such pathetic fans.

Don't take it out on the fans because JD Drew couldn't get a hit with the bases loaded in the 8th inning. Don't take it out on the fans that rookie David Price got the save to close out the series.

I appreciate that you respect the Rays. But grouping all the fans together... It's uncalled for, and disrespectful to the fans that aren't bandwagoners, and are very knowledgeable about the sport. I take offense to that statement that you made.

The Cubs might be the lovable losers but that's exactly what the Red Sox were till 2004. The Red Sox sold out their games even before they won it all. But this isn't about the Cubs or the Red Sox it's about the Rays. People didn't even show up in this season. Their home games were filled with away fans especially when the Red Sox and the Yankees were in town. People in Tampa didn't care about baseball since this August when they were really close to making the play-offs. Well the same thing happend down there with the Lightning. But on top of being nearly all bandwagoners they have those stupid and annoying cowbells and a db sitting near homeplate who is even more annoying. By the way that talk about how pathetic they are started before the series. ;)

Those teams are deep rooted in those cities, anyone could step in and sell tickets in those great baseball towns. Tampa isn't a traditional baseball market, and a lot of the fans already had major allegiances to other teams through Florida spring trainings.

I'm not making excuses, it's disgraceful, but my point is that the ownership is as much to blame, they didn't market properly, they have shown absolutely no interest in putting a winning team on the field. This was a situation where they had to go in there, and make fans out of people, hook the fanbase. Look at the job the DBacks did.

What a job again by Cole Hamels, he's really establishing himself as a true ace in this league and easily one of the best lefties in the world.

This isn't news to me as a Braves fan we've had to deal with this guy a lot, his change up is just ridiculous. It's atleast on par with Santana's IMO.

Cole Hamels is really outstanding just like his change. This guy will dominate the league for a couple of years to come.

Yeah, he's 24 right now and already is one of the premier lefties in the game so the sky is really the limit. I really wouldn't be shocked to see a Cy in his future.

His W-L wasn't that great this year, 14-10, but his other numbers were very good. 227.1 IP, 193 hits, 196 Ks, 3.09 ERA.

This while starting half his games in one of the most hitter friendly parks in the bigs.

Yeah, he's 24 right now and already is one of the premier lefties in the game so the sky is really the limit. I really wouldn't be shocked to see a Cy in his future.

His W-L wasn't that great this year, 14-10, but his other numbers were very good. 227.1 IP, 193 hits, 196 Ks, 3.09 ERA.

This while starting half his games in one of the most hitter friendly parks in the bigs.

W-L is very overrated though so you can't factor it too much, his WHIP was under 1.1 as well and his K/BB rate was an astronomical 4:1 with a guy who had that many K's.

The Rays have been counted out so many times this year, now they have to beat the ultimate count-out, beating Hamels at home and taking 3 straight, this seriees is nowhere near over those Rays have some guts.

They're going to lose tonight, book it.

W-L is very overrated though so you can't factor it too much, his WHIP was under 1.1 as well and his K/BB rate was an astronomical 4:1 with a guy who had that many K's.

I know W-L is very overrated, that was my point. He had the best WHIP in the NL (I'm pretty sure) and yes, that's an awfully impressive K/BB.

I said earlier in the year I think he's the best lefty in the NL East right now, even better then Johan, and he was the best lefty in the NL, imo, till CC strolled into town.

I think he's a true stud, and right now he's just telling the rest of the baseball world what the NL East has known for a year and a half. The scary thing is, what's his ceiling, he's 24 years old. How good can he get?