The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

MLB

roy_133

Braves took 2 of 3 from the Mets and the bullpen looked great in the last 2 games, very excited.

5-1 start, nice to get the season off on the right foot.

Ahh I missed baseball!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest natey2k4

Damn, do I love Zack Duke. He's SOOO good. Snell pitching today for the pirates.. Burnett for my Jays. [Towers starting tomorrow?]

Guest natey2k4
Damn Jays.. had to lose. ATL is smoking the Nats :shock:

Towers was very good tonight.

The Jays defense... a whole new story.

And their offense wasn't too good either.

And the managing leaves something to be desired.

Towers pitched 5 2/3 innings, had 6 Ks, and gave up 3 ER. Not bad for a pitcher with a 10-day layoff.

His defense, had 4 ERRORS. Should of been 6 or 7. But they gave Rios the benefit of the doubt on his play, and Stairs was too slow to make his plays look like errors.

We fell behind early, because Stairs couldn't run 20 feet to catch a ball. Pathetic.

The offense, scored a measly three runs. Greinke was good for the Royals, mind you.

The managing? Awkward to say the least.

I love Towers, and thought he would be great. I think he's a really good pitcher. But still after a year like last year and him being the #5 starter, what was Gibbons thinking putting 3 backups in? Smith is a decent replacement, but made an error. Phillips, eh. Fine. But STAIRS IN THE FIELD? He was an abomination out there, cost us 2 runs. Backup DH, no better.

Guest sportsfreak_39
8-0 Braves right now in the 8th, Hudson pitched a total gem, Francoeur has 5 RBIs so far.

So far Roy Hudson is defying the critics

for your Braves sake maybe he becomes the Hudson of old

as for the Jays game tonight, meh it happens if reed johnson is teher in left field instead of stairs maybe he gets to those two balls and chnage sthe momentum of the game I was very impressed withg Towers, sure he let runs up but the Jays kept giving KC extra outs. In term of the offense, this is baseball some days it wont show but we all know that it will with this team more often than not nice to see Rios swinging the bat like Rios of teh first half of last year also

Guest Bud2790
Towers was very good tonight.  

The Jays defense... a whole new story.

And their offense wasn't too good either.

And the managing leaves something to be desired.

Towers pitched 5 2/3 innings, had 6 Ks, and gave up 3 ER. Not bad for a pitcher with a 10-day layoff.

His defense, had 4 ERRORS. Should of been 6 or 7. But they gave Rios the benefit of the doubt on his play, and Stairs was too slow to make his plays look like errors.  

We fell behind early, because Stairs couldn't run 20 feet to catch a ball. Pathetic.

The offense, scored a measly three runs. Greinke was good for the Royals, mind you.

The managing? Awkward to say the least.

I love Towers, and thought he would be great. I think he's a really good pitcher. But still after a year like last year and him being the #5 starter, what was Gibbons thinking putting 3 backups in? Smith is a decent replacement, but made an error. Phillips, eh. Fine. But STAIRS IN THE FIELD? He was an abomination out there, cost us 2 runs. Backup DH, no better.

Stairs is sooooo slow...why is he out in RF ?? Johnson is way better and faster..

Guest ribz&ryder_connexion

Natey come on Towers pitched terribly last night. Although I agree it wasn't entirely his fault, the defense did play terrible :roll:

Natey come on Towers pitched terribly last night. Although I agree it wasn't entirely his fault, the defense did play terrible :roll:

I don't know if I'd say he was terrible from what I saw, but he wasn't great either, anytime your WHIP is at 2, you're asking for it, he needs to control the number of hits he gives up, even the year he was around .500 (13-12 I think) he had a high number of hits.

Guest lfrommtl

14-4 thank you

exactly what i needed at fenway opening day.

matsuzaka starts tonight vs seattle first pitch will be vs ichiro should be good!

SAWX

I don't know if I'd say he was terrible from what I saw, but he wasn't great either, anytime your WHIP is at 2, you're asking for it, he needs to control the number of hits he gives up, even the year he was around .500 (13-12 I think) he had a high number of hits.

I dunno I'm just getting into Baseball again. Haven't really followed it since the Expos moved out so I wouldn't know what to say. From what I see about the Jays this year though, they tend to play not as good when Halladay doesn't pitch and then try to do the miracle comeback. Look at the second game versus Detroit, went down 9-1 and almost caught up but it was too late.

Guest natey2k4

Terribly? Obviously you don't know much about baseball. 3 ER runs in 6 IP, is pretty decent. It gives a team, like the Jays, the chance to win. he'd of given up ONE EARNED RUN.. that's right.. ONE EARNED RUN If it wasn't for errors. (The other earned runs didn't come off errors, but came off the fact that Stairs was playing the outfield, and is so slow, he couldnt catch a thing..)

Towers wasn't perfect, but he was good. If he can pitch like that every game, he gives the chance a chance to win. He was really faulted for 1 of those runs.. and anyone who thinks otherwise, didn't watch the entire game.

Yes, he needs to cut down his hits. I agree. But I think 5 or 6 of those hits came AFTER errors. He should of been out of the inning. After an error, any pitcher struggles, cause they're under pressure. Especially a guy coming back from a horrific season.

4 Errors, that's why the Jays lost. Should of been 3-1 or 3-2 after six, but because of those 4 errors, we were lost 6-3.

You guys think Halladay, Burnett, Chacin are so good.. They wouldn't be if they had 3 Regulars out of the lineup. It was a bad time to start 3 backups.. Either way though, he pitched fine.

Great job Towers, keep it up.

Terribly? Obviously you don't know much about baseball.

LOL I guess you missed my post about just getting back into it eh? :wink: