The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

MLB

roy_133

Guest Keith
Terribly? Obviously you don't know much about baseball. 3 ER runs in 6 IP, is pretty decent. It gives a team, like the Jays, the chance to win. he'd of given up ONE EARNED RUN.. that's right.. ONE EARNED RUN If it wasn't for errors. (The other earned runs didn't come off errors, but came off the fact that Stairs was playing the outfield, and is so slow, he couldnt catch a thing..)

Towers wasn't perfect, but he was good. If he can pitch like that every game, he gives the chance a chance to win. He was really faulted for 1 of those runs.. and anyone who thinks otherwise, didn't watch the entire game.  

Yes, he needs to cut down his hits. I agree. But I think 5 or 6 of those hits came AFTER errors. He should of been out of the inning. After an error, any pitcher struggles, cause they're under pressure. Especially a guy coming back from a horrific season.  

4 Errors, that's why the Jays lost. Should of been 3-1 or 3-2 after six, but because of those 4 errors, we were lost 6-3.  

You guys think Halladay, Burnett, Chacin are so good.. They wouldn't be if they had 3 Regulars out of the lineup. It was a bad time to start 3 backups.. Either way though, he pitched fine.

Great job Towers, keep it up.

Spot on. I felt so bad for Towers after his struggles, only to get screwed by a bad call and some dipsy doodling on defence.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cup crazy88

Yeah he pitched amazing! Good promise for the blue jays and the rest of the season, but most of all is that great boost of confidence.. so important for a pitcher!

Guest sportsfreak_39
Frank Thomas has been a dissapointment...hope he gets going

Very earlyin the year everyone hits slumps in baseball

look at Ryan Howard and Soriano and Utley

he will come around even in today's game you saw his swing was coming back

Guest Brisebois

What a strange day? Mariano Rivera the only player still allowed to wear no. 42 blows a save on Jackie Robinson Day after giving up a 3-run-homer to Scutaro.

Guest sportsfreak_39
What a strange day? Mariano Rivera the only player still allowed to wear no. 42 blows a save on Jackie Robinson Day after giving up a 3-run-homer to Scutaro.

Thats not strange just ironic and pretty funny

Guest Bud2790

Everyone is still allowed to wear the 42...it's just that no matter how good you are...it will never be retired..

Guest sportsfreak_39
Everyone is still allowed to wear the 42...it's just that no matter how good you are...it will never be retired..

It is retired they did it 5 years ago just if you were wearing the number before that time youre still allowed to wear it

Guest natey2k4

Towers has been great in both his outings this season. He has good potential this year and may be the key to the Jays making the show.

Guest Garthy18

Go Cubs Go

Already slipping under 0.500 but hey still a great team to watch, Cubbies for the World Series..........................................it could happen...well maybe not.

Between the Habs and the Cubs this is going to be a swell 2007, at least the Cubs are a bit of light relief for me, when the habs lose I'm sent into depression untill they win again.:bang:

Guest Brisebois
It is retired they did it 5 years ago just if you were wearing the number before that time youre still allowed to wear it

Actually they retired it 10 years ago.

Guest Bud2790

Reid Johnson is out 2 months....Glaus was placed on 15-day DL and BJ will be at least 4-6 weeks eventhough he was placed on the 15 day DL on Sunday (when they had no clue what was wrong with his arm)..Other guys will have to step up!!

Guest GoHabsGo9

A-Rod's on fire he hit another home run today. He's up to 9 in 13 games. He's on pace for over 100. ;) Realistically, I think he's got a shot at 60.

Guest sportsfreak_39
A-Rod's on fire he hit another home run today. He's up to 9 in 13 games. He's on pace for over 100. ;) Realistically, I think he's got a shot at 60.

and he wont get close hes hot then hell get cold that baseball if he gets 50 that would be amazing

Guest lfrommtl
Mark Burhle threw a no hitter.

i saw it what impressede me the most is that he only faced the minimum amount of batters

good job mark!

Guest Brisebois

A-Rod is hitting like there's no tomorrow. If he keeps hitting like this he'll get the automatic free pass to first every time. What happend to Mo Rivera? I know he will rebound but as far as the season goes he looks lost on the mound. Second saveopportunity, second blown save.

Guest lfrommtl

who saw the sox vs yankees? great to see them lose even after mr.april hits two homers. and i almost died when i saw coco crisp hit that triple in the eighth.thats the kind of stuff that makes me love baseball. and now that the posibility of another boston massacre is over...LETS GO RED SOX!!!

p.s love the green hats ;)

Guest habsfan#08

Jeff Francouer has the worst plate disdipline I've ever seen LOL.

Anyways, Jays need to work themselves through those tough injuries. WHo's the official closer now? Frasor or Marcum?

I love how A-Rods on pace for 100 HR's.