The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

MLB

roy_133

Guest archey

Detroit comes back from a 5-2 deficit with two runs in the fifth and three in the seventh, the last two on tie breaking home run by Breenan Boesch for an 8-6 win.

go detroit! :huh:

:lol:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Detroit pitching gets lit up for five home runs in a 13-0 loss to Los Angeles, its first shutout in 159 games. Starter Jacob Turner, who was inserted for injured Drew Smyly gave up the first three and lasted only two innings: a three run shot to Mark Trumbo in the first, a solo homer to Albert Pujols, and a 430 bomb to Mike Trout. Alberto Callaspo and Kendrys Morales went deep later on.

Guest archey

detroit won the first game of the series with the white sox and everyone will note that if they keep it up detroit will be in first place and the white sox will not be.

Guest archey

watched an inning and found out that porcello (however he spells it) can pitch at which point i thought my mind work fall into shock from the boredom so i switched off. :huh:

let it also be noted prince fielder needs a shave...big time :P

After giving up two runs in the fourth, Justin Verlander shuts down the White Sox, facing one batter over the minimum in his final five innings and retiring the last nine hitters he faced in a 4-2 win. Detroit would counter with three runs in their half of the fourth and added a run in the seventh. By the way, do you root for both Chicago teams?

Guest archey

After giving up two runs in the fourth, Justin Verlander shuts down the White Sox, facing one batter over the minimum in his final five innings and retiring the last nine hitters he faced in a 4-2 win. Detroit would counter with three runs in their half of the fourth and added a run in the seventh. By the way, do you root for both Chicago teams?

i don't root for anyone. i thought i might try detroit but i'm sure you've noticed my post above which i throw out as to my explanation about baseball in general

Guest archey

nobody in my neck of the woods really knows why it took so long for ron santo to get into the hall of fame.

he was swedish and italian and with a name like santo i suppose i should of known he wasn't polish but it wouldn't have made any difference to me. i offer up that mistake of mine because maybe someone else can see the frame of mind i was in and figure out that previous question of just exactly why it DID take so long.

anyhow. we're all relieved and happy for the family.

Detroit holds on to sweep a three game series from the White Sox with a 6-4 win. Miguel Cabrera had two home runs, including a 457 foot moon shot over the center field wall which gives him 300 for his career. He becomes the fourteenth player to reach that total before age 30. Jacob Turner got his first major league win.

Guest archey

Detroit holds on to sweep a three game series from the White Sox with a 6-4 win. Miguel Cabrera had two home runs, including a 457 foot moon shot over the center field wall which gives him 300 for his career. He becomes the fourteenth player to reach that total before age 30. Jacob Turner got his first major league win.

planning the parade? :lol::lol:

sorry. free post. up my total. :P:P

Guest archey

Cubs got shutout for the second straight day yesterday, this time it was only 7-0 to St. Louis.

you have no idea how much i love to hear things like this. :P

seriously..it IS good for a laugh isn't it?

then again it reminds me for some reason that i haven't had french toast in a few years. :P

funny...but it is french toast and in no way pancakes. (strange but true...(fact))

In a an attempt to solve their problem at second base, Detroit traded rookie prospect Jacob Turner and two minor leaguers to the Miami Marlins for second baseman Omar Infante, and right hander Anibal Sanchez. Sanchez had a previous stint with Detroit from 2002-07 and Sanchez had a no-hitter at 22, but has had difficulty staying healthy for a full season and has only won 10 games in a season twice in his career. GM Dave Dombrowski said they could afford to trade Turner because of the pitchers in the organization. In light of this trade, how soon does Santiago get traded since he's hitting only .216?

Cleveland tags Verlander for four runs in the seventh to wipe out a 3-1 deficit. Carlos Santana sent a fastball 419 feet over the right center field fence. Travis Hafner applied the same treatment to the next pitch, also a fastball, over the right field wall. Jose Lopez tried to get in on the act and lined the next pitch foul. He would get a single. After two outs, Shin-Soo Choo singled and Adrubal Cabrera followed with an RBI single. Jason Kipnis singled off Ramon Santiago to make the score 5-3. Verlander took his sixth loss.

Consecutive home runs by Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder in the first inning weren't enough as Detroit gets shut down the rest of way by Toronto in an 8-3 loss. The Blue Jays would score four runs in the fourth, highlighted by a bases loaded double by Jeff Mathis. Rick Porcello took the loss to drop to 7-6.

Guest archey

Consecutive home runs by Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder in the first inning weren't enough as Detroit gets shut down the rest of way by Toronto in an 8-3 loss. The Blue Jays would score four runs in the fourth, highlighted by a bases loaded double by Jeff Mathis. Rick Porcello took the loss to drop to 7-6.

somebody burned my best pot once.

don't worry detroit isn't that bad or that far out yet.

seems like its going that way though.