roy_133

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lfrommtl
You really hate A-Rod don't you?

im a red sox fan it comes as part of the job:lol:

and besides i wont say anything positive about him until he comes through in october.

Guest Brisebois
Question for Red Sox fans.  If Big Papi signs with the Yankees.  Will you hate him too?  Considering all he's done?

No need to think about that szenario because it will never ever happen.

Guest habsfan#08
No need to think about that szenario because it will never ever happen.

Who woulda though Damon would sign with the Yankees? Hypothetical.

Guest kngofhearts

those boston and yanks games are usually so hiped up and it amounts to nothing...maybe once and a while a good game will break out......but if u want to see an amazing rivalry watch the cardinals vs. cubs series.......these are not two teams that have payrolls that could end the u.s. budget deficit.........these are teams with all around good athletes that honestly work their hardest to beat each other......

Guest cup crazy88
those boston and yanks games are usually so hiped up and it amounts to nothing...maybe once and a while a good game will break out......but if u want to see an amazing rivalry watch the cardinals vs. cubs series.......these are not two teams that have payrolls that could end the u.s. budget deficit.........these are teams with all around good athletes that honestly work their hardest to beat each other......

considering the US a trade deficit with other countries amounting to over 750 billion dollars i find that hard to believe ;)

Cardinals' Hancock killed in car accident

Associated Press

4/29/2007 11:43:19 AM

ST. LOUIS (CP) - Tragedy has struck the St. Louis Cardinals once again.

The team says right-handed pitcher Josh Hancock has been killed in a car accident.

As a result, Sunday's game between the Cardinals and the Chicago Cubs has been cancelled.

The 29-year-old Hancock was in his sixth major-league season, and second with the defending World Series champions.

His death comes nearly five years after Cardinals right-hander Darryl Kile was found dead in his hotel room.

Kile died of a heart attack at the age of 33.

RIP Josh Hancock

Guest sportsfreak_39
Question for Red Sox fans. If Big Papi signs with the Yankees. Will you hate him too? Considering all he's done?

Yes they will unfortuneately, Damon hit a clutch HR that helped deliver a world series.

Maybe theyll do what the Mets did with Piazza and applaud Ortiz on his first AB in fenway but after that hed be a Yankee

and btw delusional red sox fan yes it can happen I dont care how "loyal" Ortiz is Steinbrenners pockets are VERY deep.

Guest LarryRobinson
Yes they will unfortuneately, Damon hit a clutch HR that helped deliver a world series.

Maybe theyll do what the Mets did with Piazza and applaud Ortiz on his first AB in fenway but after that hed be a Yankee

and btw delusional red sox fan yes it can happen I dont care how "loyal" Ortiz is Steinbrenners pockets are VERY deep.

Depends on a lot of things. First off, Damon and Ortiz share very different spots in Red Sox Nation's heart. Ortiz is a loved by EVERYONE. I was watching the Yankee game today and even the Yankee announcers comment on how he's unhateable. Same doesnt go for Johnny. He is a weird guy who never was truly embrassed in Boston, dont get me wrong, we liked him alot, but we never loved him as we do Ortiz. Look at Clemens, Red Sox Nation never hated him eventhough he ended up in NY.

The other thing is that most real Red Sox fans who follow baseball realize that it is a business. I have faith in Theo Epstein like I have faith in B.G. To sign Damon to a 5 year deal at his age, for that amount is insane, and the Yanks will be saddled with another overpriced contract for years to come.

So it all depends, Ortiz could def. go. Its a business. I think he'd get respected no matter what by the Nation, unless he did something like take less money to play in NYC, which I dont think he'd ever do.

Guest habsfan#08
Andruw walked off tonight to give the Braves the win, Hudson was lights out again, things are looking good in Brave land right now.

It's going on all cylinders for the Braves. The extremely scary lineup and solid pitching.

Guest maad
Andruw walked off tonight to give the Braves the win, Hudson was lights out again, things are looking good in Brave land right now.

roy, what do you think about brian mccann? he's my fav braves' player?

• 2 weeks later...
roy, what do you think about brian mccann? he's my fav braves' player?

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been very busy lately, but things are slowing down so I should be around more.

As for McCann, I love him, he calls a great game and is solid behind the plate, and his bat is out of this world, such a sweet stroke, he works the count, hits to all fields, he's mature well beyond his years and only getting better, he's going to be a great ball player for a long time.

The Braves beat the Nats tonight behind Hudson, Renteria hit 2 homers.

I've been watching tons and tons of ball this season thanks to mlb.tv

I'm happy with what I've seen from my Braves so far, just really hope we can shore up the back of our starting rotation, either through a kid stepping up or through a trade for a guy who can chew innings for us and give us a chance to win.

Guest maad

i think braves' bullpen is pretty good so far, and that was the problem last season. and good to hear smoltz is ok after he hurt his pinky finger.

i live pretty close to atlanta, about 3-4 hours, and everybody here loves jeff francour, and andruw of course, but brian is my boy. and people around here are not too high on chipper, but i don't know what fans in atlanta think about him. in my town people say atlanta should trade chipper, but i don't think it's going to happen, he would have to agree to be traded, right?

i think braves' bullpen is pretty good so far, and that was the problem last season. and good to hear smoltz is ok after he hurt his pinky finger.

i live pretty close to atlanta, about 3-4 hours, and everybody here loves jeff francour, and andruw of course, but brian is my boy. and people around here are not too high on chipper, but i don't know what fans in atlanta think about him. in my town people say atlanta should trade chipper, but i don't think it's going to happen, he would have to agree to be traded, right?

Yeah he would have to agree to it, and plus there's really no reason for the Braves to trade Chipper, he's worth more to the team then his market value is.

The difference between the lineup with Chipper and without is dramatic, they don't have any other true number 3 hitter who combined power, average and a great batting eye the way Chipper does, without Chipper the Braves would be in a world of trouble imo.

Guest habsfan#08

Because I have Jimmy Rollins and Chase Utley on one of my fantasy teams I've been watching many Philleys games this year. I must say Cole Hamels is an AMAZING pitcher, this guy has dominant ace potential is throwning 6 perfect innings as I am typing.

Guest Garthy18

I'd love Chipper to be traded to the Cubs, whenever he plays the Cubs he seems to smash the baseball out of the park.

Guest maad

i don't want chipper to be traded, i agree with roy, braves are different team (worse) without him.

but the place i live, there are many braves' fans here, and for some reason they don't like him.