The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

MLB

roy_133

I forgot to mention Boston was looking to cut about $262.5 million in payroll (if I have the amount correct). They also sent $11 million to the Dodgers as part of the transaction and according to one baseball official, the Red Sox will save more than $250 million. Reports of players drinking beer in the clubhouse and eating fried chicken during games surfaced after their September 2007 collaspe and Josh Beckett's haughty demeanor and rising ERA aliented fans and obviously contributed to him being dealt.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Detroit scores two runs in the sixth inning and three in the eighth to overcome a 3-0 deficit and beat Los Angeles 5-3. Jhonny Peralta's line drive double down the left field line with two outs was the game winning hit. Alex Avila followed with an RBI single. Detroit missed a scoring chance in the second when Prince Fielder doubled, but couldn't decide whether to slide or remain standing and overran second base and was easliy tagged out. Delmon Young followed with a double which would scored Fielder easliy. Octavio Dotel got the win in relief of Drew Smyly who was making his first start since coming off the disabled list.

Back to back home runs by Prince Fielder and Delmon Young in the sixth inning give Detroit a 5-2 win over the Los Angeles Angels. Fielder's homer was a two run shot that broke 1-1 tie. Young set the next pitch into the seats. Max Scherzer struck out 9 over seven plus innings to get his 14th win of the season.

Guest archey

yeah.....

cubs outfielder pitches cause the team got tired after like 12 batters in the ninth and 9 runs or so.

well....final analysis? you got to have SOME limits.. :lol:

WAY TO BE CUBBIES!! :lol::lol:

Justin Verlander gets tagged for eight earned runs in 5 2/3 innings, seven within a span of 13 batters in the first three innings, but got off the hook when Jhonny Peralta hit a game tying home run in the eighth. Detroit remanined in the game with three runs in the first and three in the third. Mike Moustakas drove in winning run in the bottom half of the eighth with an RBI double to give Kanas City a 9-8 win. Brayan Villarreal took the loss in relief.

Kansas City's Bruce Chen shuts down Detroit on four hits over eight innings in a 1-0 win. Eric Hosmer's infield single in the fourth inning drove in the only run of the game. Detroit had a chance in the ninth against reliever Greg Holland when Andy Dirks led off with a single. That was followed by a diving catch by Jarrod Dyson off Miguel Cabrera. Prince Fielder followed with a single, but Holland struck Delmon Young and Jhonny Peralta to end the game. Anibal Sanchez gave seven hits over seven innings and took the loss.

Cleveland overtakes Houston for futility over a 33 game stretch with a 5-3 loss to Texas. They are now 5-28 since July 27 and tied the team record for losses for one month with 24. The Indians are 11-36 since the All-Star break with a starting rotation ERA of 6.47 over that span, the worst in the majors. They have also hit .194 with runners in scoring position in that same span. The last time I heard, they were hitting .216 against lefthanders.

Max Scherzer shuts down the White Sox on four hits over eight scoreless innings in a 5-1 win. He added nine strikeouts and only one walk and now has 204 strikeouts for the season. He is the first pitcher to reach that total this season. MIguel Cabrera had three hits and Delmon Young had a home run and a triple. Scherzer's record goes to 15-6.

Delmon Young's three run homer off a slider in the dirt breaks a1-1 tie and gives Detroit a 4-2 win over the White Sox. Justin Verlander got the win despite having his second pitch of the game sail into the right field seats. His record goes to 13-7 for the season and Detroit pulls into a first place tie with White Sox in the AL Central.

Nice timing. They lost yesterday 4-2 to Philadelphia.

i'm not really responsible for anything i think about while practicing the sax---as far as i'm concerned--until the next day anyway.... :lol:

and what's wrong with cincinatti may i ask? still in first last i looked... :lol:

Justin Masterson shuts down Detroit on four hits over six innings, one of them a two run homer by Miguel Cabrera, in a 3-2 win. Four relievers combined to keep the Tigers hitless over the remaining three innings. It was Cleveland's second straight win after a 6-28 stretch. One of Cleveland's scored when an unsuspecting ball boy picked up a fair ball hit by Asdrubel Cabrera which was ruled a run scoring double. Rick Porcello took the loss to fall to 9-11.

Doug Fister shuts down Cleveland on one run and four hits over seven innings in a 7-1 win. Miguel Cabrera's 35th home run, a two run shot in the first inning, provided Fister with all the support he would need. The Tigers broke it open in the eighth with five runs, two on a home run by Prince Fielder and a two run double by Jhonny Peralta. Andy Dirks' RBI triple accounted for the first run of the eighth inning. Fister evens his record at 8-8.