The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

MLB

roy_133

i don't want chipper to be traded, i agree with roy, braves are different team (worse) without him.

but the place i live, there are many braves' fans here, and for some reason they don't like him.

Yeah, well it's like that here a lot of people want Saku traded, and I personally can't understand why, say what you will about him he's the heart and soul of our team, if people want to bring in a center to take the 1st line load of Saku that's one thing, but there's no need to rush out and deal him, he's certainly not the reason we missed the playoffs.

I think this article will really bring like to Chipper's greatness.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...aves/index.html

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest habsfan#08

Another pitcher impressing me big-time is Tim Lincecum of the Giants. He was called up earlier this year and has been stellar in his last two starts. Today in the third start of his career he only gave up two hits and struck out 10 people as he outduel the man who he is most cimpared to Roy Oswalt.

Guest maad
Yeah, well it's like that here a lot of people want Saku traded, and I personally can't understand why, say what you will about him he's the heart and soul of our team, if people want to bring in a center to take the 1st line load of Saku that's one thing, but there's no need to rush out and deal him, he's certainly not the reason we missed the playoffs.

I think this article will really bring like to Chipper's greatness.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...aves/index.html

thanks, great reading.

well, i like chipper, he's huge for atlanta and everybody knows that, even people who don't like him.

• 1 month later...

hey roy,i just had a talk about the braves with my b-friend. well, he knows how much i like mccann.

he said brian soon could play 1 game a week, because saltalamachia is better in offence. that the braves will move chipper to 1st base in order to keep escobar, that way they can have all the offence they can get, and it will be between brian and salty, whoever is better in offence.

right after that brian hit 3-run homer against boston.

but what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1

Andrew Jones is looking good this year. :P Looks like my theory about the best CF in the game has been coming true so far.

Beltran > A. Jones

:lol:

Andrew Jones is looking good this year. :P Looks like my theory about the best CF in the game has been coming true so far.

Beltran > A. Jones

andruw will be ok. he's got his bat going last 2-3 games, including a home run.

yeah, his name is andruw, not andrew. :P

Guest habsfan#08

Beltran > A. Jones

I gotta agree with the whole Beltran > Jones thing.

I have a question for braves fans. How come Jeff Francoeur is so inconsistent?? He has amazing talent but he goes into these prolonged slumps that last for weeks at a time. And they seem to happen every month.

Guest kngofhearts

its strange...a lot of braves players are really spotty...good then on a cold spurt....strange....just waiting for cox to get another ejection...

Guest maad
I gotta agree with the whole Beltran > Jones thing.

I have a question for braves fans. How come Jeff Francoeur is so inconsistent?? He has amazing talent but he goes into these prolonged slumps that last for weeks at a time. And they seem to happen every month.

i don't know about francoeur. you see, him and mccann came to the braves together, and form day one i liked brian more (well, maybe because everybody in atlanta just fell in love with jeff..).

but, i wouldn't be worry about him, he's still young, and i think he's improved a lot. last year he was swinging at every pitch, this year he's way more patient.

guys that call braves' games were saying it about andruw and jeff when they were in a slump, that it's all in their heads, they trying too hard insdead of go out there and have fun.

as a braves' fan i was more worrying about andruw (i knew he will be ok, but still...) than jeff.

Beltran > A. Jones

There's no doubt Beltran is having the far better year, but heading into the season there really wasn't much of a debate as to who the better player coming in was, the stats and gold gloves told the story.

As for your theory, it is far from coming true, Beltran has been pretty good this season, no where near the best CF in the majors over the first half (that's probably been Hunter in Minny),

Andruw has just been terrible, about as bad as an everyday player can be.

It's a youth thing, he's still young and he's still learning, he's only 23 years old.

He's actually seen his batting average rise over 25 points this year, is still on pace for another 100 RBI season, his power numbers are currently down, but he's been trying to serve the ball the other way a lot more this season with pretty good results actually.

This kid is so good it's scary, scouts say he has 45 home run 130 RBI seasons in him, people seem to forget his age, and the fact he hit 30 homers and drove in over 100 runs as a 22 year old in his first full season in the majors.

But to answer your question, it's a youth thing, and he will mature out of it.

Guest spankydriscoll

did you guys see during the philly houston game the writing on the screen?

they were having audio problems so they used the teleprompter or whatever it is to slowly write "we'll be back" on the screen... HILARIOUS !

Guest habs_fan_4_life

I just got back from Baltimore and while I was there I went to my first MLB game, the Orioles vs. the Yankees. Orioles won 3-2. I was pretty exciting. I never expected to have so much fun at a baseball game. We stayed after the game to meet the team and I got autographs from 4 of the players (Brian Roberts, Melvin Mora, Ramon Hernandez and Freddie Bynum.) After going to that game, I really regret never going while the Expos were here.

Here are some pictures from my seat:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/ha.../DSC00023-1.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/ha...fe/DSC00011.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/ha...fe/DSC00012.jpg

Guest Bud2790

Great pics!!

I went to see the Expos pleinty of times, but since they've left i've only seen one game in Toronto. It was fun and i caught a ball, which helps :lol:

Guest habs_fan_4_life
Great pics!!

I went to see the Expos pleinty of times, but since they've left i've only seen one game in Toronto. It was fun and i caught a ball, which helps :lol:

Thanks!!

We walked up to the field a few times to see if we could get a couple of foul balls but we had no luck.

Guest Bud2790

It's hard to get a ball...i was lucky, Mark Texeira tossed a couple balls over his dugout and i was 10 rows back so i ran down and got 1 :P

Guest habs_fan_4_life
It's hard to get a ball...i was lucky, Mark Texeira tossed a couple balls over his dugout and i was 10 rows back so i ran down and got 1 :P

Very cool :)

I just got back from Baltimore and while I was there I went to my first MLB game, the Orioles vs. the Yankees. Orioles won 3-2. I was pretty exciting. I never expected to have so much fun at a baseball game. We stayed after the game to meet the team and I got autographs from 4 of the players (Brian Roberts, Melvin Mora, Ramon Hernandez and Freddie Bynum.) After going to that game, I really regret never going while the Expos were here.

Here are some pictures from my seat:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/ha.../DSC00023-1.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/ha...fe/DSC00011.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/ha...fe/DSC00012.jpg

Nothing better then the feel of a major league ballpark.

Baltimore has a beautiful old style park too, never been there but I've heard it's beautiful in person.

Guest habs_fan_4_life
Nothing better then the feel of a major league ballpark.

Baltimore has a beautiful old style park too, never been there but I've heard it's beautiful in person.

It was pretty incredible. I have never seen so many people in one place at one time. The only sports venues I had ever been to are the Bell Centre and Scotiabank Place so this was definitely an experience. They do have a beautiful ballpark.

Guest habsfan#08
Yeah, like the Skydome....

hahahahhaha :lol:

God it's a boiler in there. No AC and when the dome is closed it's works as in insulator. I don't like the feel of the dome when the roof is closed.