The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

MLB

roy_133

Guest lfrommtl
Wow has Andruw ever found his stroke, he's on fire right now. His power numbers are back to where you'd expect from a superstar of his caliber.

it was only a matter of time.

it is his free agent year. whats his average at now 220?

thats what he needs to bring up

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was only a matter of time.

it is his free agent year. whats his average at now 220?

thats what he needs to bring up

Yeah it's up to .220, as terrible as that is, 1 week before the allstar break it was .199, so he did raise it.

He's looking a whole lot better right now, and that started with him taking the ball the other way, something he refused to do throughout the year.

Guest lfrommtl
Damn Bonds hit 2 HRS yesterday....it really is a disgrace that someone like him will be Home Run King.... :angry:

and thats surprising?

look im not a bonds fan but at least the man was smart enough not to get caught.

besides how many people have taken steroids and hit 753 hrs

exactly no one

so it isnt all the roids there is some skill involved

oohh i feel dirty

and thats surprising?

look im not a bonds fan but at least the man was smart enough not to get caught.

besides how many people have taken steroids and hit 753 hrs

exactly no one

so it isnt all the roids there is some skill involved

oohh i feel dirty

I agree, and even more then that, steroids weren't illegal in baseball until recently, so there's no proof, or reason to believe, that he was even breaking the MLB rules at any point...

Look, I don't like Bonds a whole lot, he's just not a media darling or a very likeable guy, but at the sametime this antiBonds thing is way over the top.

As a Braves fan ofcourse I don't want to see him break Hank's record, but I still won't let it ruin the moment for me. This is by far the most important record in sports and the whole world will be watching him break it.

Guest sportsfreak_39

What people lose in the Bonds must be punished movment is

the fact hell have 3000 hits

over 500 stolen bases

a .300 career average

a .450 on base percentage

2000 RBI's

over 2500 walks

over 2200 runs

8 gold gloves

15 all star games

and 7 MVP's

if you look at that resume that looks pretty good if you ask me yes he may have used steroids, but as stated before if that made it so easy to break the record wheer is the next guy (don't say A-Rod he has a few more years till hes in contention lol)

What people lose in the Bonds must be punished movment is

the fact hell have 3000 hits

over 500 stolen bases

a .300 career average

a .450 on base percentage

2000 RBI's

over 2500 walks

over 2200 runs

8 gold gloves

15 all star games

and 7 MVP's

if you look at that resume that looks pretty good if you ask me yes he may have used steroids, but as stated before if that made it so easy to break the record wheer is the next guy (don't say A-Rod he has a few more years till hes in contention lol)

That's a good point, people act like he's a bad ball player who has made great by steroids... Think of all the minor league players getting busted for steroids, what does that tell you? Steroids won't make you a great ball player, Bonds is a great ball player, always have been. Infact you could make a strong case that he was a better ball player before he bulked up, when he hit for a little less power, but stole more bases, won gold gloves, still had the same great eye and ability to take a walk and get on base.

Guest cup crazy88

I liked him when i was growing up, but I have lost sooooooooooo much respect for the guy. I am sorry, but no one get's the second wind in their career and hit 70+ hr's at that age. He may not have been caught officially, and they may not have been illegal, but they completely against the spirit of sport and baseball itself.

I doubt anyone hear has seen this, but about a year and a half ago sports illustrated wrote a long article basically following him since the 2000 season, basically chronically all his injuries (which just coincidentally some happened to be injuries that are typical of a steroid user) and stats. If you read that, it puts stuff in much more perspective and you feel like you can judge for yourself.

The guys breaks in as a lanky player who could hit for power and steal a bunch of bases, years later the guys 'physique' has completely morphed, i think people who think he is 'innocent until proven guilty' are just afraid that if they acknowledge the problem then one of the greatest records in Major League sports history is going to be a sham (like MLB was afraid to admit there was a steroid problem in the 1st place). Not that Barry couldn't have been right up there with the big names has he not been on the juice, cuz he most likely would have, just not number one..

Guest sportsfreak_39
I liked him when i was growing up, but I have lost sooooooooooo much respect for the guy. I am sorry, but no one get's the second wind in their career and hit 70+ hr's at that age. He may not have been caught officially, and they may not have been illegal, but they completely against the spirit of sport and baseball itself.

I doubt anyone hear has seen this, but about a year and a half ago sports illustrated wrote a long article basically following him since the 2000 season, basically chronically all his injuries (which just coincidentally some happened to be injuries that are typical of a steroid user) and stats. If you read that, it puts stuff in much more perspective and you feel like you can judge for yourself.

The guys breaks in as a lanky player who could hit for power and steal a bunch of bases, years later the guys 'physique' has completely morphed, i think people who think he is 'innocent until proven guilty' are just afraid that if they acknowledge the problem then one of the greatest records in Major League sports history is going to be a sham (like MLB was afraid to admit there was a steroid problem in the 1st place). Not that Barry couldn't have been right up there with the big names has he not been on the juice, cuz he most likely would have, just not number one..

Nobody is denying he took steroids, his physical change over the few years isn't because of hot dogs, but what we're saying in during this day and age who doesn't take steroids football players do, basketball players do, hockey players do (yes unfortunately we aren't the one clean sport) and now apaprently golfers are on the juice so barry just did what all athletes are doing, and we may not like it, but this won't be teh first time this happens within the next decade or so especially if the Clemens alligations are true all those strikeouts will be for naught, but we'll find that out when Giambi's testimony comes through.

But there's also sad news in the world of baseball.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=214365&hubname=mlb

I saw that and intended to post on it, it somehow slipped my mind, but that's shocking news.

I couldn't believe it happened when I read it, my thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family right now.

RIP Mike

Guest sportsfreak_39
You really think Giambi is gonna name names?.. the players union would kill him!

according to reports Mitchell and Selig forced him to

Guest Bud2790

I doubt the Jays will be buyers, so if they sell i hope it's for the right price...I'm hearing the Angels are interested in Glaus..

Edit: What about the Braves ?

Edit: What about the Braves ?

Buyers, I'm hearing a ton of rumors, they will do something I'm pretty sure, a few pitchers have been named, they are also apparently the favorties to get Mark Teixeira out of Texas, so we'll see.

Guest Brisebois
As the deadline approaches, any thoughts on what your perticular team might do?

Try to get rid off Wily Mo Pena. I doubt there will be any takers. Find another reliever for the pen. Especially if Donnelly doesn't return fast. Find a right-handed batter who can take over the role as 4th outfielder. Maybe the Sox are interessted in Salty of the Braves. Mirabelli may be able to catch Wakefield but he can't hit his own weight. Varitek is getting older and Kottaras struggles at AAA. The best catching prospect in the Sox system beside Kottaras is still at A+. I'm pretty sure Buchholz won't be traded for any player. Maybe the Sox are willing to move Ellsbury now that Coco seems to have back to his form.

Guest Bud2790
Jays are on firee!!!!

11 points in an inning!! Woot!

Try to get rid off Wily Mo Pena. I doubt there will be any takers.

I sure would take him on my team...

1-He's young

2-He needs to be an every day player, that way he'll develop a better eye at the plate and also learn how to hit off-speed pitches..

3-I know he strikes out alot (check above statement) but this guy has monster power!

Therefore i'd take him on my team.