MLB

roy_133

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lfrommtl
Yanks are on fire. Right now overall they're better than the Red Sox

i know im gettin worried im hoping they drop one tonight that way if the sox lose 2 out of 3 theyll still be 3.5 up

• 3 weeks later...
Guest habsfan#08

Oh my. The Mets just completed the biggest collapse in baseball history. Not only that, the Marlins of all teams put them away.

Hopefully the Rockies can get in too. Over the season they've grown on me.

Guest Brisebois
Oh my. The Mets just completed the biggest collapse in baseball history.

This may be right in terms of blowing a seven game lead in such a short period. But to me the biggest collapse in baseball history was still completed by the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS. Leading 3-0 games and having the lead in the ninth inning of game 4 with Mariano Rivera on the mound. The collapse of the Mets isn't even close. Thanks again Dave Roberts for the steal. :P

Guest lfrommtl
Oh my. The Mets just completed the biggest collapse in baseball history. Not only that, the Marlins of all teams put them away.

sad sad sad.

fell in love with that team during last years NLCS with wright and reyes.

they need a better rotation.

Guest LarryRobinson
This may be right in terms of blowing a seven game lead in such a short period. But to me the biggest collapse in baseball history was still completed by the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS. Leading 3-0 games and having the lead in the ninth inning of game 4 with Mariano Rivera on the mound. The collapse of the Mets isn't even close. Thanks again Dave Roberts for the steal. :P

You cant really compare the two. I was at Shea today. This Mets team just fell apart against the WORST teams in the entire league. They took everything for granted, they played without heart, and they acted like children unable to get up off the floor when things were bad and immaturely celebrating before they had won anything.

The Yanks collapse was big that was less about the Yanks losing and more about the Sox winning. I give the Sox credit for gutting that out and of course the Yanks choked. But here, you had teams ready for golf, you had teams resting their starters and playing their rookies, and you had the Mets losing a 7 game lead in 17 games. I mean as a Mets fan I havent seen anything like this in a long time, it was such a slow, miserable decline that it was like a car crash in slow motion, awful....im sick.

BTW - if you think the Bell Centre boo birds are bad, Shea wouldve given you a run for your money today.

Guest Blockoman

Rockies win 9-8! They're going to the playoffs!

Shame they didn't get in legitimately, seeing as how the home plate ump blew the call at the plate when Holliday scored the winning run. He never touched home plate.

LETS GO RED SOX.

WOOOOOOOOOO

playoffs start tomorrow, man im pumped best time to be a sports fan.

I'm also very excited for the playoffs (even though my Braves aren't in it).

The NL playoffs is pretty interesting this year, a whole new cast of teams, none of the usual suspects got in. Infact, none of the teams who made the playoffs in the NL last season are back this season.

However, as always, the AL is where it's at, 2 very good, very wide open matchups, tough break for your Sox that Wakefield can't go in the first round.

Guest lfrommtl

The NL playoffs is pretty interesting this year, a whole new cast of teams, none of the usual suspects got in. Infact, none of the teams who made the playoffs in the NL last season are back this season.

However, as always, the AL is where it's at, 2 very good, very wide open matchups, tough break for your Sox that Wakefield can't go in the first round.

im not that worried they have three solid starters. and they might make beckett go another game after that(probably not more then 5-6 innings). hopefully the bullpen doesnt crap out on them. that would just bug the hell outta me.

as for the nl, the mets my yother team arent there, so ill be rooting for the cubbies what a great world series it would be if fenway and wrigley were the stadiums.

Guest habsfan#08

Yankees and Rockies or Phillies FTW!!!!

I don't think it really matters though, unless someone in the NL can pull off something amazing the AL win the series, hands down.

Guest Brisebois

Wakefield won't be missed much in the first round as you only need 3 starters. Wake would have been the long reliever. Plus Varitek can't catch Wakefield. So you had to pull him out of the game also. In the ALCS I'm happy that Wake will be back at better strength as the fourth starter.

Lets go Red Sox!

Guest habsfan#08

Whats with the Phillies? They're getting smoked by the Rockies. I feel really bad for Rollins, he had 4 RBI today and the rest of his team didn't do squat, other than Howard.

Guest Bud2790

Indians just got a huge win in the 11th inning over the Yanks!! What a performance by Fausto Carmona (9IP, 2H, 1ER)...As a team the Indians were 1 for 13 (or close to that number) with runners in scoring position before Hafner hit a single with the bases loaded!!

Btw, anyone watch the game ?? Did you see all those bugs ??

Guest habsfan#08
Indians just got a huge win in the 11th inning over the Yanks!! What a performance by Fausto Carmona (9IP, 2H, 1ER)...As a team the Indians were 1 for 13 (or close to that number) with runners in scoring position before Hafner hit a single with the bases loaded!!

Btw, anyone watch the game ?? Did you see all those bugs ??

Yes I did see the bugs. That was insane!!!! They seemed to love Joba Chamberlain!