Canadiens de Montreal

Ribeiro Or Plekanec?

jl-1

54 members have voted

1. 1. Ribeiro or Plekanec?

• Ribeiro
    • Plekanec
    • Too close to call

I'm going Thomas Plekanec Hands down...I think when it comes down to who has the most well rounded game Plekanec has Ribs beat on all accounts.

Plekanek is certainly more well rounded: he is better defensively, braver, and a better skater. Offensively, both are similar goal scorers (I may give a slight edge to Plekanek), but all of Ribs value basically comes from his exceptional vision on the ice: no doubt he is the better playmaker. His vision was always unbelievable, but I guess we just got fed up with his other shortcomings.

It would depend which team I was picking them for.

Ribs didn't work out here, he couldn't get anything going and it was like he was in a shell here, not to mention the bad attitude and all the other off-ice things. But in Dallas he's a decent player...If I had to pick a player to play on Dallas it'd be Ribs.

If I had to pick a player for the Habs I'd say Pleks, he's been successful here and though he's in a slump he's working the PK very well. Pleks also fits into our style of play better - or our system than Ribs did here.

It would depend which team I was picking them for.

Ribs didn't work out here, he couldn't get anything going and it was like he was in a shell here, not to mention the bad attitude and all the other off-ice things. But in Dallas he's a decent player...If I had to pick a player to play on Dallas it'd be Ribs.

If I had to pick a player for the Habs I'd say Pleks, he's been successful here and though he's in a slump he's working the PK very well. Pleks also fits into our style of play better - or our system than Ribs did here.

Good argument & a different point of view from what most are saying. I think most will agree that Ribs would never have turned into what he appears to be doing in Dallas, had he stayed in MTL. Too bad he couldnt show it for 1/2 a year or something though so we could have gotten better return for him!! :P

Pleks will be a consitant 60-80 point guy in this league till he's 35.

Ribs will fade much earlier than that, then catch a hot streak, get 2 back to back 90 point seasons..then disappear again.

Pleks plays on the powerplay and PK, he can both pass and shoot. he can be a supporting cast to a star player like kovy or be a star himself on any given night.

Pleks is the kind of player that wins cups.

Ribs is the kind of player that makes the headlines, but never wins anything.

Plekanec broke out in great style last night, while Ribiero and the Stars continue to struggle, losing 5 -1 to Boston. Modano is embarrassed and upset with the Stars style of play.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw....16f8fc795.html

I would prefer to have Plekanec in the Canadiens' lineup over Ribiero, but I still think that Ribiero is a very talented player. It's too bad we got almost nothing in return for him.

Timing is the key to answering these questions. Sure, right now this seems debatable but last season this would have been no contest.

Edge: Plekanec because he is our number '1' center but also happens to be our best penalty killer.

Last season would have been no contest for whom? Although Ribeiro had a break through season, Plekanec wasn't too shabby with his 29 goals and stellar two-way play. I'd still pick Plekanec.

Archived