The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Marc Denis

jl-1

LoL,

Breath price has not been traded,

Price has the Flu

I know Price has the flu, and i never even suggested Price was traded.

Is this flu bad enough to keep him from sitting on the bench ?

Could be, but it has not been enough yet. Could he maybe have developed complications > Pneumonia ?

Either he has gotten really ill, or, maybe Bob has seen enough, and Halak and a guy or two are gone ?

I know Price has the flu, and i never even suggested Price was traded.

Is this flu bad enough to keep him from sitting on the bench ?

Could be, but it has not been enough yet. Could he maybe have developed complications > Pneumonia ?

Either he has gotten really ill, or, maybe Bob has seen enough, and Halak and a guy or two are gone ?

Could be, you never know.

The two way contract has nothing to do with waivers.

It is a big concern though because there could be waiver issues, and there are cap hit concerns as well.

They would not be doing this just in case, as was stated in the earlier reports.

Either there is something happening, or Price is really really sick.

If Price is that ill that he has to stay home and away from the rest of the team, that is troublesome....to me anyhow.

This is not the first report that he has been under the weather this year.

Interesting development. I dont want to read too much into it, but its quite possible Halak + are moving & Gainey wants to make sure he has Denis (ie is not claimed off of waivers) before he completes the deal. If someone claims him then the deal could be put on hold until Gainey can figure out another backup (trade or UFA) to acquire.

Or it could just be the flu & I could be reading waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much into this on account of the eggnog. :P

Ok it's the flu stop reading into it so much. It's good their keeping Price away, remember a few years ago when the whole team got sick and we lost like 25 of 30 games or something? I sure as hell don't want that to happen again.

Yeah, and then we blamed the whole season on it. I swear to God if they blame the season on injuries this year, I am going freak out. Either way I am comfortable with either Halak or Denis playing in goal tonight. It's what we do in front of them that's going to matter.

See what I mean, it is the flu and a lower body injury now !!!

He is in worse shape than we knew at first.

It was either this or a trade, the call up wouldn't have happened for a simple case of the flu.

I would have preferred a trade because talk about anyone else on the team if you want, this is the guy who we will be counting on the most !!!

Either way I am comfortable with either Halak or Denis playing in goal tonight. It's what we do in front of them that's going to matter.

This may be the best thing for this team right now. How many games have we won this year that we had no place in winning (or getting an OT/SO loss & a point) in - save for Carey Price. Its one thing to rely on your goaltender, but when you have talent like this habs team, you should be able to have Chris Osgood in nets. Hopefully with a goalie like Halak or Denis in nets the team will realize they have to play better in front of him.

Correct. A 2-way deal only means they earn different dollar amounts on the farm than they do on the NHL.

However, since his AHL salary is under a certain amount, he can be called up and sent down without going through waivers. I believe Julien Brisebois mentioned something about it earlier this year.

1970, you probably know - does Denis have to clear waivers when/if he returns to Hamilton?

Here is my answer Swansee:

At first I thought yes however after reading the article (Article 13.4) goalies aged 25 and over who are 1 year from signing an NHL contract (Denis has a 1 year contract) are exempt from regular and re-entry waivers.

So going by that I would say no he does not need to clear waivers. However Wayne knows more about the CBA than most everyone on the Forum and he would be the best person to ask the question.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived