The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Marc Denis

jl-1

LoL,

Ok i take it back i saw him play that one period

he reminds me all too much of Abbishire..

The man turtles,

The first shot on him hit the inside post and bounces out. Gorges had to save his behind when the puck got behind him. and he is turtling like abby..

LOL, i thought with the loss of abby we wouldnt see anymore players turtling in the net..

PRICE COME BACK :)

LoL,

Ok i take it back i saw him play that one period

he reminds me all too much of Abbishire..

The man turtles,

The first shot on him hit the inside post and bounces out. Gorges had to save his behind when the puck got behind him. and he is turtling like abby..

LOL, i thought with the loss of abby we wouldnt see anymore players turtling in the net..

PRICE COME BACK :)

Turtling?

Marc Denis recorded a shut-out last night, turning away 21 shots enroute to a 4-0 rout of rival Toronto Marlies.

Keep up the good work lad!

PS: What's this guy's nickname? The Comeback Kid, Marco Goalo, Denis The Menise?

Hes improving.Keep it up man lol

His nickname is Beachballs while in Tampa

Well after seeing his 1 period performance.

I can see where that nickname "BeachBalls" Came from

You mean the one against the devils? :blink:

7shot,6save,not too bad for a backup goalie actually,leave him alone.

He's still improving :P That guy will get a new nickname,which is more positive.

He's still improving :P That guy will get a new nickname,which is more positive.

Sure the stats look Decent,

But the very first shot against him in that period, rings off of the inside post, and lucky bounces out, Then another shot gets by him, heading into the net, and gorges had to get his stick on it and rifle it out of there...

Not to mention his turtle factor of laying on the ice tring to save the puck, ala abby style

Still improving? The guy was drafted 14 years ago. Not sure he is going to get too much better at this point.

Sure the stats look Decent,

But the very first shot against him in that period, rings off of the inside post, and lucky bounces out, Then another shot gets by him, heading into the net, and gorges had to get his stick on it and rifle it out of there...

Not to mention his turtle factor of laying on the ice tring to save the puck, ala abby style

He was too nervous. I won't deny of his "turtling" style.lol I dun kno if I get it wrong,He uses his hand to scratch the puck out of the net.But if this style works,there's no harms to play like this.right? lol lol Turtling save. :P

Does Denis need to clear waivers (when Price comes back) to be sent to Hamilton??? I see the Isles tried to put a goalie ( Dubby) through today, and he got snatched up.The Isles look to be desparate for a warm body in goal with all their injuries. Is it possible they might grab our guy on the way back????

Does Denis need to clear waivers (when Price comes back) to be sent to Hamilton??? I see the Isles tried to put a goalie ( Dubby) through today, and he got snatched up.The Isles look to be desparate for a warm body in goal with all their injuries. Is it possible they might grab our guy on the way back????

No he signed a two-way contract. He can be called up or sent down without having to clear waivers.

A two-way contract has NOTHING to do with waivers. It has to do with $$$$$$. The two-way contract means that he makes a certain amount of salary in the AHL. When/If called up to the NHL, he makes a different salary....NHL $$$$$.

But to answer the question, Denis does NOT need to clear waivers to return to Hamilton because he was called up to Montreal as an emergency call up.

A two-way contract has NOTHING to do with waivers. It has to do with $$$$$$. The two-way contract means that he makes a certain amount of salary in the AHL. When/If called up to the NHL, he makes a different salary....NHL $$$$$.

But to answer the question, Denis does NOT need to clear waivers to return to Hamilton because he was called up to Montreal as an emergency call up.

Thanks. ;)

Actually I believe it has more to do with Article 13.4 of the CBA which states that goalies aged 25 and over who are 1 year from signing an NHL contract (Denis has a 1 year contract) are exempt from regular and re-entry waivers.

Actually I believe it has more to do with Article 13.4 of the CBA which states that goalies aged 25 and over who are 1 year from signing an NHL contract (Denis has a 1 year contract) are exempt from regular and re-entry waivers.
I think that Table is for player's first contracts - "Years from Signing – NHL" means their first SPC...

it's not a one-year waiver exemption for older players... for example, Curtis Sanford and Rich Peverley are both over 25 years of age and both signed contracts this summer and both were recently waived...

Denis was sent down Oct 4th and the transaction list shows he cleared waivers at the time.

I'm not sure about the emergency callup exception, but if he had to clear waivers once, doesn't that mean he would have to clear waivers every time, if there were not an exception rule in place?

I think that Table is for player's first contracts - "Years from Signing – NHL" means their first SPC...

it's not a one-year waiver exemption for older players... for example, Curtis Sanford and Rich Peverley are both over 25 years of age and both signed contracts this summer and both were recently waived...

Your knowledge of the CBA is better than mine my friend. Thanks for the clarification. :D

Archived