The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Marc Denis

jl-1

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=417249

This article on Cedric Desjardins I think best explains why Denis was signed in the off season...He's here to tutor MTL's young goaltending prospect. And according to Desjardins comments, he's doing a good job.

Great article - Thanks! Denis is also here to try to revive his NHL career - and that might be working too - he has been pretty dominant for most of his time here - he had a great attitude from the start and it shows in his playing - hopefully he and Desjardins will add a Calder Cup to their list of accomplishments.

Denis won the Bulldogs MVP award for this season.

Well deserved, he brings a lot of stability to a young team - I think the Habs/Bulldogs chose wisely in bringing him here it allows their young prospects to develop faster and hopefully it will bring us a good Calder Cup run!

• 2 months later...

I say sign him again for the Bulldogs, if he's realy as strong a mentor as he appears to be, in 2010-11, if he retires, offer him a goalie coaching job with the dogs, then after he's seasoned he can one day be a goalie coach with the habs. Promoting from within, its a beautiful thing when you have the right people.

I say sign him again for the Bulldogs, if he's realy as strong a mentor as he appears to be, in 2010-11, if he retires, offer him a goalie coaching job with the dogs, then after he's seasoned he can one day be a goalie coach with the habs. Promoting from within, its a beautiful thing when you have the right people.

Could he not backup Price in the NHL? He is not "That" old to consider coaching.

• 3 weeks later...
I think it should be moved.

Truthfully he shouldnt be resigned either.

From what we saw of him last season he was aweful.. Save the spot in hamilton for a prospect...

Please elaborate because he only played 20 minutes in Montreal and let in one goal and in Hamilton he was a huge part of the teams success.

I think it should be moved.

Truthfully he shouldnt be resigned either.

From what we saw of him last season he was aweful.. Save the spot in hamilton for a prospect...

How did he win the Bulldogs MVP award last season if he was "aweful"?

Unless, of course, by "aweful" you meant his play left you "full of awe".

• 3 weeks later...
Please elaborate because he only played 20 minutes in Montreal and let in one goal and in Hamilton he was a huge part of the teams success.

That 20 mins lead me to drink each and everyone of those mins... Hes very abby like,

Heck the very first shot that was taken on him hit the post. then he was diving around for the remainder of the 20 mins..

Thankfully we dont have him playing for our squad anylonger, I was excited when we first sined him, Nhl Experience, Used to be a #1 in the league, then i saw him play, and everything changed VERY VERY quickly

That 20 mins lead me to drink each and everyone of those mins... Hes very abby like,

Heck the very first shot that was taken on him hit the post. then he was diving around for the remainder of the 20 mins..

Thankfully we dont have him playing for our squad anylonger, I was excited when we first sined him, Nhl Experience, Used to be a #1 in the league, then i saw him play, and everything changed VERY VERY quickly

So you're fully judging him based on him coming into a game cold from sitting on the bench and playing 20 minutes? You're not going to take into account that he was a huge part of the Bulldogs most successful regular season in franchise history?

Archived