The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jay Bouwmeester

jl-1

The goal post keeps moving... let's move along then...

Roles change. If we get Bowmeester, we have two pairs who can play 20-25 minutes a game. What is wrong with that? NOTHING! Who gives a hoot about the numbers attached to our defensemen? It's the work they do, how well they play under the circumstances they're asked to perform under that counts! I don't care if Komisarek is second, third or fourth defenseman on my team. What I care about is how he performs when he's on the ice. He'll still be a top 4 garnering top 4 minutes, and the same goes for Markov and Hamrlik, period. Ultimately, it's the TEAM that's automatically better.

I think part of the point he's trying to make though is since we don't need the role of number 1 DMan filled, is it worth it paying the price it will cost in terms of prospects, picks and players to get a guy like that when we can just easily plug the hole with a lesser DMan, that only maybe costs us a 1st and be able to slide in as the 4 guy and give us 20 good minutes when needed.

I'm not saying I wouldn't go out and do it anyway, but I understand the point.

AAhhh no, not bad for us, great for Panthers. Why is higgins always the odd man out. Sorry, a future 30 goal two way player, a bang and crash insurance veteran guy, a big indimidating d-man who will be pretty good in the next year or so and our famous prospects that are the future of the NHL are not worth Bouwmeester, is he even playing this year cause I havent even heard his name except for silly trade rumours

What else would you suggest that would fit under the cap and that the Panthers would want for Bouwmeester?

I think part of the point he's trying to make though is since we don't need the role of number 1 DMan filled, is it worth it paying the price it will cost in terms of prospects, picks and players to get a guy like that when we can just easily plug the hole with a lesser DMan, that only maybe costs us a 1st and be able to slide in as the 4 guy and give us 20 good minutes when needed.

I understand the point, I'm adding to it. Top 4 defenseman in my books can just as well be #1, 2, 3 or 4 and if a #2 is available, you take it and run!

I totally understanding Anete's line of reasoning. I don't agree with him but like you, I understand his point.

What I find surprising is that some don't realize how good this guy is. I've watched Jaybo, quite often as a matter of fact and he'd fit right in to our style of play. He'd make our team more a contender than we are now. He'd be great on the powerplay and we'd have the best 4 D combination in the league. I suggest that all that are against signing a player like Jaybo, take the time and watch him play a few games, I'm sure he'll make you change your mind about wanting him.

The goal post keeps moving... let's move along then...

My opinion never once changed. I always have been against moving to acquire Bouwmeester because I always thought he isn't what we need. He's more than what we need. Never changed my speech so don't come here and imply that I changed my '' goal post '' All I ever did is try and express myself better as english is only my second language and hopefully, soon, only my third :P

Roles change. If we get Bowmeester, we have two pairs who can play 20-25 minutes a game.

Carbo is rolling his 18 players fairly evenly so to keep all of them fresh and less prone to muscle-overused injuries (don't know how to express this idea in english). Bouwmeester won't get his 25 minutes in Montreal. Hamrlik doesn't get close to that. Hell, Markov, who's better than than Jaybo in all regards still doesn't get 25 all the games.

What is wrong with that? NOTHING!

Yes, something is wrong with that ! You OVERPAY without being in need to do so ! You buy a ferrari to go do the grocery !

Who gives a hoot about the numbers attached to our defensemen?

The people who have to sign them to big-money contracts. The bigger the stars, the less supporting cast you'll have around.

It's the work they do, how well they play under the circumstances they're asked to perform under that counts! I don't care if Komisarek is second, third or fourth defenseman on my team. What I care about is how he performs when he's on the ice. He'll still be a top 4 garnering top 4 minutes, and the same goes for Markov and Hamrlik, period. Ultimately, it's the TEAM that's automatically better.

The team isn't better when you overpay to get a player you won't get to use to his full potential !

You need to fit a player for 18-20 minutes, it makes no sense to acquire a 25-28 minutes guy for that at such a cost that it would weaken you elsewhere when you can get your 18-20 minutes guy while staying strong elsewhere. Again, overpaying is justified only by two things :

1) By necessity.

2) By stupidity.

We don't need Bouwmeester even though we could use him.

What else would you suggest that would fit under the cap and that the Panthers would want for Bouwmeester?

I understand the point, I'm adding to it. Top 4 defenseman in my books can just as well be #1, 2, 3 or 4 and if a #2 is available, you take it and run!

It depends on the situation ! In the case of the Habs, the top 4 defensemen that is needed is a fourth. We don't need a top 2 when we have a 1, 2 and 3 already. Why pay more when you can pay less ? It's the basic rule of home economy, why pay an article of your grocery 1$ more when you can have what you need for 1$ less ? Imagine when we talk of many, many $ You just can't justify the sacrifices we'd have to make to get Jaybo the way a Phoenix fan or a Kings fan could. Our situation makes so that '' running with the big name player '' isn't so easy on option as you try to make it sound.

I totally understanding Anete's line of reasoning. I don't agree with him but like you, I understand his point.

What I find surprising is that some don't realize how good this guy is. I've watched Jaybo, quite often as a matter of fact and he'd fit right in to our style of play. He'd make our team more a contender than we are now. He'd be great on the powerplay and we'd have the best 4 D combination in the league. I suggest that all that are against signing a player like Jaybo, take the time and watch him play a few games, I'm sure he'll make you change your mind about wanting him.

To say that, you either don't include me in the all who are against his acquisition, or you confess that you didn't get my point at all.

I never once said or implied or thought or dreamed that Jaybo isn't a damn good player. I said he is not what we need. We don't need so good a player, we already are set with two high-priced players and one soon-to-be high priced D-man.

It is not because I undervalue him that I do not want we trade for him. It is because we can get our problem fixed at a much cheaper cost.

If, in the summer, BG decides he prefers to make pitches for Jaybo instead of Komisarek, fine, but in the meantime, we don't have a Jaybo-worthy position to fill, thus, we don't need to throw away our trade assets for him.

To say that, you either don't include me in the all who are against his acquisition, or you confess that you didn't get my point at all.

I never once said or implied or thought or dreamed that Jaybo isn't a damn good player. I said he is not what we need. We don't need so good a player, we already are set with two high-priced players and one soon-to-be high priced D-man.

It is not because I undervalue him that I do not want we trade for him. It is because we can get our problem fixed at a much cheaper cost.

If, in the summer, BG decides he prefers to make pitches for Jaybo instead of Komisarek, fine, but in the meantime, we don't have a Jaybo-worthy position to fill, thus, we don't need to throw away our trade assets for him.

My post wasn't directed at you Anete. You clearly state in you previous posts about how good Jaybo is and therefore you should have understood by the way I started my post that it was not directed towards you. I was merely pointing out that some people in here are disputing the trade and yet have no idea about how good Jaybo is.

I think Bouwmeester is sort like Sundin. Each player would fill the two biggest holes on the Montreal roster that wants to win the Stanley Cup this season.

Bouwmeester is overall a better player then Komi.

Sundin is overall a better player then Lang.

The team is 8-1-1

The power play is not playing very good. The PK has been very good at times.

The goalies have been very good to excellent in 7 of the 10 games.

Salary cap means that salary has to go to Florida if the deal is possible before the trade deadline. At the trade deadline only 25% of Bouwmeester salary is still on the books. Montreal can afford Bouwmeester at the trade deadline. I think the 23 man roster increases to 26 at the trade deadline.

Today. Montreal would basically have to send $3 million in salary to Florida. Florida needs to score more goals. Florida needs depth. Florida needs a package of players as Bouwmeester is 99% gone this summer. I arrived at the $3 million figure by looking at the remaining Bouwmeester salary, injury callups for Montreal, cost of the rookie replacements, and the available cap space that Montreal has currently.

How to send $3 million to Florida and still make the deal attractive to Florida?

Does Florida even want a defenceman back in the deal given the issues with scoring goals?

To Montreal: Bouwmeester

To Florida: Higgins ($1.7 million), Latendresse ($850k), Dandenault ($1.725), D'Agostini, and 1st round pick

Florida would get back in return two good roster forwards, one veteran that can play forward or defence, one good prospect, and a 1st round draft pick.

If Florida wants one defenceman they replace Latendresse with Gorges or replace Dandenault with Bouillon.

Montreal after the trade.

Tanguay - Koivu - S.Kostitsyn

A.Kostitsyn - Pleks - Kovalev

xxxxx - Lang - xxxxx

Kostopolous - Lapierre - Begin

Markov - Komi

Hammer - Bouwmeester

Bouillon - Gorges

Price and Halak

spares: Brisebois, BGL, O'Byrne

two rookies would fill the wing positions for Lang. Very possible that one of the rookies would end up on the 4th line with one of the veteran players moving from the 4th line to the 3rd line.

Montreal would have a defence as good overall as Detroit. Our PP would instantly improve with Bouwmeester.

I would not worry about the UFA status of Bouwmeester until the playoffs are over.

Budget

The above was my estimation of what it would cost to maintain a majority of our roster, this included resigning Tanguay, Koivu, Kovalev and Komisarek. This allotted roughly over $11 million to sign whomever we wish. I did however not include Plekanec because his recent inclusion in trades had be consider whether or not he would remain a Hab come end's season, his poor performance thus far has only complicated matters. Now assume we sign Bouwmeester for six million and resign Plek for two and a half. Our roster would be the following...

Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev

S. Kostitsyn - Lapierre - ?

? - ? - Laraque

Markov - Bouwmeester

Hamrlik - Komisarek

Gorges - ?

Price

Halak

Are you going to claim we cannot fill in the minor spots with a rookies and for once have a fourth line with a reasonable cost? Detroit has managed to maintain multiple large contracts and I am certain we could accept our own as well. Not to mention we still have another four million to play with by rough estimation, so we are perfectly able to bring in Bouwmeester.

i dont know why everybody is thinking we either have to get komisarek or bouwmeester? we can have both you know! i think ppl are forgetting how much salary we could get rid of in the offseason and since joybo's salary is not too high at the moment, higgins, o'byrne, begin with prospects and/or picks we would stay under the cap. but for now lets look at the following off-season if we were to sign Jaybo long term.

let go to free agency.

Begin

dandenault

bouillon

lang

brisebois

kostopolous

With the addition of the players we give up to get bouwmeester. for example:

higgins or plekanec but preferably higgins imo.

o'byrne

with prospects and/or picks and a player i mentioned above.

now look hom much money we are getting rid of.

14.463334 MILLION DOLLARS!! not including what we have in cap space already.

we have prospects ready for the big club so we then give them roster spots.

Bouwmeester plays 25 mins with hamrlik playing like maybe 22 mins and komi playes 22 mins with markov playing 25 mins also. Our third pair play 10 mins or less which is fine for like gorges and lets say carle, webber, mcdonagh etc.

we have a good offence and the addition of bouwmeester will give us a second star defenceman to lead the rush which will lead to more offence.

bouwmeester doesnt HAVE to play 30 mins a game, i would almost gaurentee that he would not mind playing 25 mins for a cup contender and still get a hefty salary at 6+ mil for whatever amount of years.

ok final salary given the cap doesnt go up or down.

tanguay- 4.5-5.5

koivu- 4-5.5

kovalev-4-5.5

kostitsyn-3.25

plekanec-2.5-3.5

laraque-1.5

chipchura-0.9-1.1 maybe???

latendresse- 0.9-1.5 ???

kostitsyn-0.816

lapierre- 0.687

Pacioretty-0.875

final spot is whatever fits ex: prospect, veteran for cheap, re-sign kosto or begin for cheap. 0.450-0.9

markov-5.75

hamrlik-5.5

komisarek-3.5-5

gorges-1.1

bouwmeester-6-7

prospect ex:(weber)- 0,875

price-2.2

halak-0.775

now if you add all the highest salary's together its = 58.778

which is over so in this case we would still have to trim salary but do we honestly think every single player will get a pay increase?? guys like koivu and maybe even kovalev might just take what they got this year or if we are lucky less. Komisarek might not even get 5 mil. same goes for tanguay at 5.5.

now if all goes perfectly and we sign everybody for the cheapest i projected above its = 51.128.

Plenty of room, now give or take some salary going higher lets say the cap is 56 mil again. that leaves us almost 5 mil to work with.

So finally, i think we would still have a potent offence, the best defence in the league and solid goaltending.

maybe its just me but if your goalie is good and your defence is good, you'll make it far in the playoffs and we would just have to make sure we get our offence doing what its supposed to do and there's no indication that its slowing down.

Option A :

- We get a 2nd D to play 4th D (18-20 mins).

- We lose a 50-pt winger soon to be entering his prime, a known leader.

- We put ourselves in a negociating problem with Komisarek.

- We give away a top prospect.

Option B :

- We get a real 4th to play 4th D (18-20 mins).

- We keep our 50-pt winger.

- We don't create a conflict between Komisarek and the organization by having him compare himself to a player who'll get more than him.

- We still give away a prospect and a pick.

Here are a few points that I want to add:

[*]We have a lot of depth in the forward position and can afford to trade some forward (50 point) asset for some defense assets.

[*]I do not see how getting Bow impacts Komi. The Ducks spend a lot on their D and they are doing fine.

[*]Any chance we have to get a top quality player we should. We cannot be too good if we want the CUP. We have tons of prospects and players playing in the AHL that are ready for the NHL and 6 players for our 4th line. Quantity for quality baby!!

[*]We have some over priced players that will be UFA next year that we don't need (Dandy, Begin) so we should be able to sign our key UFA players next year.

Just my 2 cents!

We are 8-1-1, right now i would not do a thing. I dont have a problem with our d, markov is one of the best, and in a couple years may be the best puck moving d-man in the leauge, and is very reliable defensivley. Komi is the perfect stay at home d-man. Hammer is great in our zone and can still rack up some points, he is great at joining the rush, Georges has just about reached top 4 d status now, you would have to say, he battles with the best of them, and is great along the boards, OByrne will be a beaut and a brute in a yr or so, and Frank the Tank Boullion in the best 5-6 d man in the leauge, Im telling everybody Carbo should try him out on the PP along side Markov, his hard low shots will wreak havoc and he is a good passer. Then you have Dandy and Breezer as spares.

To me Bouwmeester is not worth it right now, you give up Higgins and there goes our 3 scoring lines, we seen a higginsless scoring line and Nonstopolous, God love him, does not fit in.

Depite all the Negativity about our season already, I like 8-1-1, and if we are at 8-1-1 and we're not trying or not playing well, then I cant wait till we start to.

QFT. Well said.

We don't need Bouwmeester even though we could use him.

I never once said that we needed him, I said that he would be great on our team and would bring us closer to a Stanley Cup. That I stand by... because he's that good and I you can't get enough good players. ;)

I know this thread is about Jay Bouwmeester but the Panthers have another d-man that would fit our needs even better, Nick Boynton. He would be a great fit because he adds size and a veteran presence. He'll be an UFA after this season and shouldn't cost that much.

Maybe somthing like this could work:

To Montreal:

Nick Boynton (cap hit 2.95 million)

5th rounder in 2009

To Florida:

Ryan O'Byrne (0.942 million)

Kyle Chipchura (0.943 million)

2nd rounder in 2009 or 2010

We still had to get rid off Dandenault or Begin. Either trade one of them for a low pick, a player who makes less money but has 1 more year left than Dandy/Begin or just buy one of them out.

The new lines:

A. Kosti - Plekanec - Kovalev

Higgins - Koivu - Tanguay

Latendresse - Lang - S. Kosti

Laraque - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - Boynton

Bouillon - Gorges

pressbox:

Dandenault/Begin - D'Agostino - Brisebois

Budget

The above was my estimation of what it would cost to maintain a majority of our roster, this included resigning Tanguay, Koivu, Kovalev and Komisarek. This allotted roughly over $11 million to sign whomever we wish. I did however not include Plekanec because his recent inclusion in trades had be consider whether or not he would remain a Hab come end's season, his poor performance thus far has only complicated matters. Now assume we sign Bouwmeester for six million and resign Plek for two and a half. Our roster would be the following...

Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev

S. Kostitsyn - Lapierre - ?

? - ? - Laraque

Markov - Bouwmeester

Hamrlik - Komisarek

Gorges - ?

Price

Halak

Are you going to claim we cannot fill in the minor spots with a rookies and for once have a fourth line with a reasonable cost? Detroit has managed to maintain multiple large contracts and I am certain we could accept our own as well. Not to mention we still have another four million to play with by rough estimation, so we are perfectly able to bring in Bouwmeester.

Problem is that Bouwmeester will probably cost more than 6, and Pleks will 100% sure cost more than 2.5. He's in the same case as Andrei Kostitsyn, and therefore, will not go under 3, 3.5.

You were also optimistic with Komisarek, didn't include Higgins while he could very well still be here, with a 3M or so contract, and didn't think to Price's extension. He will cost the dough, hence the interest in keep several millions free after all our signings, hence the interest in playing a young D instead of Bouwmeester, who would basically be eating up Carey Price's next contract's salary.

i dont know why everybody is thinking we either have to get komisarek or bouwmeester? we can have both you know! i think ppl are forgetting how much salary we could get rid of in the offseason and since joybo's salary is not too high at the moment, higgins, o'byrne, begin with prospects and/or picks we would stay under the cap. but for now lets look at the following off-season if we were to sign Jaybo long term.

let go to free agency.

Begin

dandenault

bouillon

lang

brisebois

kostopolous

With the addition of the players we give up to get bouwmeester. for example:

higgins or plekanec but preferably higgins imo.

o'byrne

with prospects and/or picks and a player i mentioned above.

now look hom much money we are getting rid of.

14.463334 MILLION DOLLARS!! not including what we have in cap space already.

we have prospects ready for the big club so we then give them roster spots.

Bouwmeester plays 25 mins with hamrlik playing like maybe 22 mins and komi playes 22 mins with markov playing 25 mins also. Our third pair play 10 mins or less which is fine for like gorges and lets say carle, webber, mcdonagh etc.

we have a good offence and the addition of bouwmeester will give us a second star defenceman to lead the rush which will lead to more offence.

bouwmeester doesnt HAVE to play 30 mins a game, i would almost gaurentee that he would not mind playing 25 mins for a cup contender and still get a hefty salary at 6+ mil for whatever amount of years.

ok final salary given the cap doesnt go up or down.

tanguay- 4.5-5.5

koivu- 4-5.5

kovalev-4-5.5

kostitsyn-3.25

plekanec-2.5-3.5

laraque-1.5

chipchura-0.9-1.1 maybe???

latendresse- 0.9-1.5 ???

kostitsyn-0.816

lapierre- 0.687

Pacioretty-0.875

final spot is whatever fits ex: prospect, veteran for cheap, re-sign kosto or begin for cheap. 0.450-0.9

markov-5.75

hamrlik-5.5

komisarek-3.5-5

gorges-1.1

bouwmeester-6-7

prospect ex:(weber)- 0,875

price-2.2

halak-0.775

now if you add all the highest salary's together its = 58.778

which is over so in this case we would still have to trim salary but do we honestly think every single player will get a pay increase?? guys like koivu and maybe even kovalev might just take what they got this year or if we are lucky less. Komisarek might not even get 5 mil. same goes for tanguay at 5.5.

now if all goes perfectly and we sign everybody for the cheapest i projected above its = 51.128.

Plenty of room, now give or take some salary going higher lets say the cap is 56 mil again. that leaves us almost 5 mil to work with.

So finally, i think we would still have a potent offence, the best defence in the league and solid goaltending.

maybe its just me but if your goalie is good and your defence is good, you'll make it far in the playoffs and we would just have to make sure we get our offence doing what its supposed to do and there's no indication that its slowing down.

Your 58M max expected salary mass is realistic. And over the cap. And we don't have ANY substitute on your projected roster. That's 3 players at at least 850K to add, so two and a half more millions.

There is statistically no place for Bouwmeester in addition to the rest of our players. And unless we let go Komisarek to add him, there's no way this works. BG wouldn't use 50% of his salary cap on little more than 30% of the team. This means we'd get 3 top-flight D-men, not 4 of them. And if I'm to choose one of Komi and Jaybo, I take Komi because he's ours, he's a know leader, and a better defensive player than Jaybo, while we have more puck-moving D-men than defensive D-men coming.

Here are a few points that I want to add:

[*]We have a lot of depth in the forward position and can afford to trade some forward (50 point) asset for some defense assets.

We have a lot of depth, most of which is around or under 23 years old, with less than 3 full NHL seasons under their belt. Plus, we have veterans who will be gone in just a few years. Higgins is groomed to be a veteran when guys like Pacioretty, Maxwell and White will get to the NHL as rookies or young players on their 2nd season. We'll need him then, and we need him now. To give a 50 pts player when you can get defense assets without giving him, would be careless.

[*]I do not see how getting Bow impacts Komi. The Ducks spend a lot on their D and they are doing fine.

You kidding ? They are doing fine ? They are a one-line team, with Getzlaf, Perry and Selanne. Plus, Selanne is signed at a terrific home discount at 2M per. Would he be payed what he is worth, the Ducks wouldn't even have one dominating line. They are, too, in trouble this summer. The Ducks ARE NOT doing fine.

[*]Any chance we have to get a top quality player we should. We cannot be too good if we want the CUP. We have tons of prospects and players playing in the AHL that are ready for the NHL and 6 players for our 4th line. Quantity for quality baby!!

Problem is, that we can't get a top-priced player for only AHL prospects, thus, making sure we'd have to send out good players playing for the club right now. We'd create holes, and the more expensive the player we try to get, the more holes we create.

[*]We have some over priced players that will be UFA next year that we don't need (Dandy, Begin) so we should be able to sign our key UFA players next year.

We let go the overpriced grinders, but we have to replace them. When you cumulate Dandy, Bégin, Bouillon and Brisebois, you get 6.1M, but you have to replace them, with in the cheapest (not the best) case, with 4 rookies at 850K, thus reducing your marging to 2.7. Plus Lang and our actual 1M free, it brings us to 7.7 minus Lang's replacement. Then you have to extend what, Komisarek, Kovalev, Tanguay, Koivu, Higgins, Plekanec, Chipchura ? 7M is NOT a lot of money. Not at all.

And, in the 2010 summer, Price will get a monster raise. He'll go from 2.2 to like 6-7. We have to think ahead.

to mtl jay bouwmeester

to fla latendresse, and draft picks

Call up chipchura, he is a keeper, still dont know how he hasnt cracked the club yet

... even if we offered every draft pick we had for the next two years Florida would laugh.

Problem is that Bouwmeester will probably cost more than 6, and Pleks will 100% sure cost more than 2.5. He's in the same case as Andrei Kostitsyn, and therefore, will not go under 3, 3.5.

You were also optimistic with Komisarek, didn't include Higgins while he could very well still be here, with a 3M or so contract, and didn't think to Price's extension. He will cost the dough, hence the interest in keep several millions free after all our signings, hence the interest in playing a young D instead of Bouwmeester, who would basically be eating up Carey Price's next contract's salary.

I have my doubts if Bouwmeester will cost that much more then six million however we still have extra salary available in the event he does. As for Plekenac, that would severely depend on whether or not he rebounds as currently his value is low. Nonetheless three million is not a large jump from what I had suggested.

Regarding Komisarek I concede I was being optimistic however as previously discussed is Komisarek worth much more then four million? Higgins will not be here if we acquire Bouwmeester, no chance whatsoever hence his absence from my budget. Price's extension will certainly be a cause for concern financially however this is where trades are made during the season or we can simply not sign Tanguay or Komisarek. Bouwmeester is the better defensive player then Komisarek and worth his weight in gold.

I have my doubts if Bouwmeester will cost that much more then six million however we still have extra salary available in the event he does. As for Plekenac, that would severely depend on whether or not he rebounds as currently his value is low.

Really ? He's not our 2nd centre ? He's not RFA-to-be, with a 69 pts season, speed, and being defensively-reliable ? If you seriously believe he's getting 2.5, then you are optimistic.

As for Komisarek, he is worth around 4, but will get more because he is the one having the better side of the bat.

Bouwmeester is the better defensive player then Komisarek and worth his weight in gold.

Nope, Bouwmeester is the more complete D-man as he's more offensively capable than Komisarek, but regarding strictly defense, Komisarek is better.

And Bouwmeester already makes nearly 5, he'll get much more than 6 as he'll negociate his first contract as a UFA.

I know this thread is about Jay Bouwmeester but the Panthers have another d-man that would fit our needs even better, Nick Boynton. He would be a great fit because he adds size and a veteran presence. He'll be an UFA after this season and shouldn't cost that much.

Maybe somthing like this could work:

To Montreal:

Nick Boynton (cap hit 2.95 million)

5th rounder in 2009

To Florida:

Ryan O'Byrne (0.942 million)

Kyle Chipchura (0.943 million)

2nd rounder in 2009 or 2010

That's too much to pay for Boynton.

Guest ForeverGuyLafleur

I'm not sure about Bouwmeester, BUT having a guy like Matthias Ohlund (contract issues, just a loan) or François Beauchemin back (Ducks want Sundin and more attackers, but have cap problems) would be beter IMHO.

Archived