The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

NBA

BarbraT

So how about the "greatest free agency class in HISTORY". There so much talk about it and it's getting anoying. But IMO, some of these guys should stay with their teams and build a championship with them, like what Kobe and MJ did. However, I hope SOMEONE goes to Pheonix and help Nash get a well deserved ring.

Last I heard was Bosh and LeBron both wanting to sign with the Bulls. If that's the case, it might be the start of another era of great basketball in Chicago. LeBron must be getting antsy for that first championship. Without the big prizes, he can never really go head-to-head with Michael Jordan in the annals of basketball history.

LeBron is the only reason I follow the NBA as loosely as I do. If not for him, I wouldn't even pay attention at playoff time. I started out this offseason saying that I'd give up on the NBA altogether if he left Cleveland. Now, I might give up on it anyway. I despise the way he's handled this whole thing, making people jump through hoops and holding all sorts of parades and rallies. Even if he stays in Cleveland now, I dislike that he led people on the whole time like that. If he's staying, he should have taken a the same route fellow Ohio pro athlete Rick Nash took by signing early and preventing all the drama.

LeBron is the only reason I follow the NBA as loosely as I do. If not for him, I wouldn't even pay attention at playoff time. I started out this offseason saying that I'd give up on the NBA altogether if he left Cleveland. Now, I might give up on it anyway. I despise the way he's handled this whole thing, making people jump through hoops and holding all sorts of parades and rallies. Even if he stays in Cleveland now, I dislike that he led people on the whole time like that. If he's staying, he should have taken a the same route fellow Ohio pro athlete Rick Nash took by signing early and preventing all the drama.

yea, I'm not liking the unessassry drama either. But it's not his fault that people hold rallies and parades. They (as free agents) do have the right to wait and be given time to decide where they're gonna play; and it's not like it was the Mats Sundin thing, where he took like half a year to decide, it's only been a few days (since July 1st).

yea, I'm not liking the unessassry drama either. But it's not his fault that people hold rallies and parades. They (as free agents) do have the right to wait and be given time to decide where they're gonna play; and it's not like it was the Mats Sundin thing, where he took like half a year to decide, it's only been a few days (since July 1st).

Yeah, but if he stays in Cleveland, anything people did over the last week could have been prevented by not drawing the whole thing out.

Yeah, but if he stays in Cleveland, anything people did over the last week could have been prevented by not drawing the whole thing out.

Wasn't he supposed to announce yesterday where he going to sign? Now he's going drag it out until tomorrow. Can we rely on that?

you gotta be kidding me...why even play the season...just let them face the lakers tomorrow...figure out this seasons champ...

That's why basketball is going down. Because basketball has basically become a 3-team league now! (Celtics, Heat, Lakers) And a whole bunch of teams aiming for fourth.

That's why basketball is going down. Because basketball has basically become a 3-team league now! (Celtics, Heat, Lakers) And a whole bunch of teams aiming for fourth.

Not really, the Magic are a real strong team, the West is stacked so while the Lakers are the favorites it's not like they can just coast through to the finals. I'm not a huge basketball fan but it will definitely be interesting to see how this experiment works.

I never thought of LeBron as a prima donna, but this whole escapade proved that's what he really is. He thinks he is above the teams he was choosing between and even above the league. He didn't seem like a me-first player on the court, but he showed his true colors this summer. Normally I applaud players for taking less money to put together a better team, but I just can't do it here, because of how it all went down.

Also, I don't know how this is going to work. After signing these three and trading Beasley, they still only have 4 players. They traded their 1st round pick so they wouldn't have to pay him like one. They have a trio of second round pick rookies to give them 7 players. So they still need 5 other free agents, presumably good ones, because you can't count on second rounds to step right in in the NBA.

I never thought of LeBron as a prima donna, but this whole escapade proved that's what he really is. He thinks he is above the teams he was choosing between and even above the league. He didn't seem like a me-first player on the court, but he showed his true colors this summer. Normally I applaud players for taking less money to put together a better team, but I just can't do it here, because of how it all went down.

Also, I don't know how this is going to work. After signing these three and trading Beasley, they still only have 4 players. They traded their 1st round pick so they wouldn't have to pay him like one. They have a trio of second round pick rookies to give them 7 players. So they still need 5 other free agents, presumably good ones, because you can't count on second rounds to step right in in the NBA.

it doesnt really bother me...honestly...all three came in the league together...they became friends along the way...and got together and said hey guys we gotta play on the same team...figured it was miami and boom...three buddies are playing for a team...i read the open letter from the cavs owner and i think its the most childish thing ive ever seen...its shameful...lebron james brought that franchise back from the dead...he gave it 7 years...they couldnt give him the tools needed to win so he left...not a big deal honestly...people may not like the idea of doing it on tv and all that...but theres a business behind it...espn...the nba...they both won from this...

people may not like the idea of doing it on tv and all that...but theres a business behind it...espn...the nba...they both won from this...

I disagree. ESPN certainly benefited because of ratings, but I think this whole circus was a black eye for the league. Sure, it put the NBA in the news, but for all the wrong reasons. I think both LeBron and the league lost a lot of fans because of how all this was handled. I know that I certainly no longer care the least bit about the NBA. All they had to do was come out on July 1st and say they wanted to find a way to all play together and that's what they planned on doing. If they do that, they still form a triumvirate and come out looking a lot classier.

Imagine the day where Ovechkin (or maybe Kabanov if he gained similar status to Ovechkin) would become an UFA! He'd probably do the same thing as LeBron did to basketball.

Next on Versus: "Ovechkin: The Decision"

Difference between LeBron and Ovechkin: LeBron went to unrestricted free agency and held the Cavs and the whole league hostage over his decision. Ovechkin signed an extension that goes until he is 35 before he even reached restricted free agency.

I disagree. ESPN certainly benefited because of ratings, but I think this whole circus was a black eye for the league. Sure, it put the NBA in the news, but for all the wrong reasons. I think both LeBron and the league lost a lot of fans because of how all this was handled. I know that I certainly no longer care the least bit about the NBA. All they had to do was come out on July 1st and say they wanted to find a way to all play together and that's what they planned on doing. If they do that, they still form a triumvirate and come out looking a lot classier.

Difference between LeBron and Ovechkin: LeBron went to unrestricted free agency and held the Cavs and the whole league hostage over his decision. Ovechkin signed an extension that goes until he is 35 before he even reached restricted free agency.

its all over blown ... the knicks still went and got amare ... the raps knew that bosh wasnt going to sign back since like 2 seasons ago ... the league knew ... there had been rumblings of this for the last year ... people are just upset lbj went to a team that they dont cheer for ... those fans out in ohio who were on cnn burning their lebron james jerseys are ridiculous ... stupid even ...