Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay

Higgins - Plekanec - Kovalev

A. Kostsytsin - Lang - Kostopoulos

S. Kostsytsin - Begin - Laraque

the D remains the same I guess

I like those 2 top lines, I hope the Kostsytsin brothers can put in a good game

looks like Lapierre is having to enjoy a vacation week

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/263889.html

I really like those lines except for Lapierre not playing as others have mentionned.

very interesting. i'd have kept the brothers together but if we're going to put sergei on the 4th line than i'd at least put lapierre in the lineup. begin is hitting though...

Methinks serge-i is being sent a memo, cant be on the same line with his brother to be able to read it properly ;)

Switch SK with Kostopoulos and I think we have something good there. Problem is (IMO) that to be a successful team you need :

2 scoring lines

1 shut down line

1 checking line

We currently don't really have a shut down line as we are trying to have 3 scoring lines (which are not really scoring at the moment lol) what happens here is that the coach then needs to make the scoring line players play more defensively to make up for not necessarily having a shut down line. I don't know...maybe I'm nuts....yeah probably.

Anyways......GO HABS.

I am thinking Lang's line is getting the Spezza line (the top three are back together). SK's been giving the puck away a little lately (and also making some beaut set-ups), but you can't be handin' those Ottawa three a 3-on-1 or you'll be fishing the puck out of the back of your net. Habs keep that line to one or even two goals, and the game's won. ThinG is, they've been known to score 5 in a game. ;)

Hey, SK74 should be able to score a few all by himself, against the Ottawa fourth line of "Bass-Foligno-Zubov" ( :blink: ) -- are you kidding me?

All I want tonight is to see a good, hard played game. Some fire in their eyes. Hunger in their souls. They can win if they want it bad enough... and I really hope the D doesn't let Carey see 46 shots tonight. That's uncalled for.

GO HABS, GO! I beliebe ;)

I want to approve of the lines, but I can't because Carbonneau is punishing some players who are playing well, while rewarding others who are not playing well, while punishing others who aren't playing well. This is just an absolute mess. I see the good, I envision better and I notice the bad.

If he was trying to send a message by putting first Lats and then SK on the fourth line, fine. Not much else he is doing with the lineup is making much sense.

Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay : Great, never should have been split up in the first place.

Higgins - Plekanec - Kovalev : Good, they all needed a change. Hopefully Higgins can pick up some slack from Kovalev.

A. Kostitsyn - Lang - Kostopoulos : Okay, I'm seeing a go to the net and shoot the puck objective here. Great if so.

S. Kostitsyn - Begin - Laraque : + SK needs to work harder. + Laraque needs to play in Ottawa. - Lapierre > Begin.

Markov - Gorges : Great. No complaints.

Hamrlik - O' Byrne : Okay, normally. Not after O' Byrne's performance last game. Hamrlik - Brisebois please.

Brisebois - Bouillon : Bizarre, but we are short on D. No odder than Dandenault - Bouillon or Dandenault - Brisebois.

Price : Shutout last game against Ottawa makes it a no-brainer. Didn't he get shellacked last season when he played a follow up game against Ottawa though? If I remember correctly, I'm crossing my fingers for him this time. It has to be Price, I'm not suggesting otherwise, I just have that feeling I don't like. Then again, I get that feeling before most Habs games nowadays and the Goaltending is rarely the reason. :P

Please, please, please make sure the passes are going to another player on your team and make smart decisions with the puck. None of this dangle until it is too late to do anything else or trying to force the puck into situations where it is almost impossible not to lose control.

Today's game is brought to you by the number 27 and the letter D. D is for Dump it to the corner, Dish it to a teammate and Defense. Not for Dangle or D'oh!

Guest habs1952

I think tonight we should find out what the Habs are made of and what we can expect to see for the rest of the season. I hate to think one game early in the season should be so important but the way the Habs have played of late I can't think of a better team against which to turn everything around. GO HABS GO!

Switch SK with Kostopoulos and I think we have something good there. Problem is (IMO) that to be a successful team you need :

2 scoring lines

1 shut down line

1 checking line

We currently don't really have a shut down line as we are trying to have 3 scoring lines (which are not really scoring at the moment lol) what happens here is that the coach then needs to make the scoring line players play more defensively to make up for not necessarily having a shut down line. I don't know...maybe I'm nuts....yeah probably.

Anyways......GO HABS.

SK is learning a lesson currently thats why he is under kostopolous

Today's game is brought to you by the number 27 and the letter D. D is for Dump it to the corner, Dish it to a teammate and Defense. Not for Dangle or D'oh!

Part of the problem has been the dump, IMO. We are sooo predictable. Dump in the corner, soft forecheck by one Hab, opposing team carries the puck easily through the neutral zone.

The aggravating thing is we are in a position to shoot - but make the dump in instead. If there is anything that watching the Leafs this year should teach us is the lesson to get pucks on the net from everywhere - If we had a hard forecheck, that would be one thing. But to dump it in with what seems like the intention of turning the puck over - that's ridiculous. No wonder we are getting shellacked game after game. IMO, we should mix it up - carry it, dump it in with a hard (two forward) aggressive forecheck, shoot if on net and chase hard for rebounds, dump it and play a hard neutral ice trap - depending on our own line's skill, and the lines we are playing against.

I like Carbo's line combinations - at least I think I will. He is trying to build each line with a touch of grit on the forecheck or in front of the net, shooting and finesse.

However we do it, the "dump-no chase" has to stop!

2) Laraque actually ending Lucic's life on saturday night. Something that resembles Kimbo Slice against a random guy in someone's back yard.

I want him to live with the shame..make him cower first. Smear his ugly hide into the boards every chance we get then BGL can face wash him and watch him back away, and then pummel him mercilessly into snotty goo. The arrogant punk.

Well - that's the way it happens in my dream every night, anyway :D

Wow... Sergei on the fourth line ? Give me a break.... The kid barely has a chance to build chemistry yet Carbo is punishing him for some mistakes. Not feeling that decision however I do like Lats back on the first either way. He really gave Tanguay and Koivu space.

sergei isnt working hard enough, he is too soft... he needs to work like he worked last year play in your face hockey

ok time for a 5-1 win lets do it

I want him to live with the shame..make him cower first. Smear his ugly hide into the boards every chance we get then BGL can face wash him and watch him back away, and then pummel him mercilessly into snotty goo. The arrogant punk.

Well - that's the way it happens in my dream every night, anyway :D

yea i hope george kicks his ***** on saturday night

Archived