The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Your Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators | November 20th | 7:30pm Est

Bourne

sergei isnt working hard enough, he is too soft... he needs to work like he worked last year play in your face hockey

Agreed but Sergei also wasn't sitting on a revolving chair last year switching lines every 2 games. Again, I cannot put anymore emphasis on "CHEMISTRY"... It takes more than 1 game to build it. At this rate Sergei will be playing in Hamilton by Satruday

Agreed but Sergei also wasn't sitting on a revolving chair last year switching lines every 2 games. Again, I cannot put anymore emphasis on "CHEMISTRY"... It takes more than 1 game to build it. At this rate Sergei will be playing in Hamilton by Satruday

i would be against that move, i really cant see that happening

Now friends, remember...if Ottawa scores first, don't turn on and attack our beloved team like a bunch of hungry (Hamilton) bulldogs :P

GO HABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope Pleks, Kovy and the Kostitsyn's each pick up a point or two. I would love nothing more than to hear some praise for those guys again. Remember how good they are when we believe in them? ;D

Now friends, remember...if Ottawa scores first, don't turn on and attack our beloved team like a bunch of hungry (Hamilton) bulldogs :P

GO HABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope Pleks, Kovy and the Kostitsyn's each pick up a point or two. I would love nothing more than to hear some praise for those guys again. Remember how good they are when we believe in them? ;D

there is no reason for the sens to score first, its time for the boys to jump out early 2-0 or somthing

I want to approve of the lines, but I can't because Carbonneau is punishing some players who are playing well, while rewarding others who are not playing well, while punishing others who aren't playing well. This is just an absolute mess. I see the good, I envision better and I notice the bad.

If he was trying to send a message by putting first Lats and then SK on the fourth line, fine. Not much else he is doing with the lineup is making much sense.

Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay : Great, never should have been split up in the first place.

Higgins - Plekanec - Kovalev : Good, they all needed a change. Hopefully Higgins can pick up some slack from Kovalev.

A. Kostitsyn - Lang - Kostopoulos : Okay, I'm seeing a go to the net and shoot the puck objective here. Great if so.

S. Kostitsyn - Begin - Laraque : + SK needs to work harder. + Laraque needs to play in Ottawa. - Lapierre > Begin.

Markov - Gorges : Great. No complaints.

Hamrlik - O' Byrne : Okay, normally. Not after O' Byrne's performance last game. Hamrlik - Brisebois please.

Brisebois - Bouillon : Bizarre, but we are short on D. No odder than Dandenault - Bouillon or Dandenault - Brisebois.

Price : Shutout last game against Ottawa makes it a no-brainer. Didn't he get shellacked last season when he played a follow up game against Ottawa though? If I remember correctly, I'm crossing my fingers for him this time. It has to be Price, I'm not suggesting otherwise, I just have that feeling I don't like. Then again, I get that feeling before most Habs games nowadays and the Goaltending is rarely the reason. :P

Please, please, please make sure the passes are going to another player on your team and make smart decisions with the puck. None of this dangle until it is too late to do anything else or trying to force the puck into situations where it is almost impossible not to lose control.

Today's game is brought to you by the number 27 and the letter D. D is for Dump it to the corner, Dish it to a teammate and Defense. Not for Dangle or D'oh!

i'm sure this is the upshot of the line changes, but i dont think you have the motive right.

seems to me the reason for the line change is carbonneau is blind to what is going on on the ice. it took some 30 seconds to see the kovalev , koivu, tanguay line wasn't going to work, but carbonneau commented there were too many penalties. yikes!

i'm sure this is the upshot of the line changes, but i dont think you have the motive right.

seems to me the reason for the line change is carbonneau is blind to what is going on on the ice. it took some 30 seconds to see the kovalev , koivu, tanguay line wasn't going to work, but carbonneau commented there were too many penalties. yikes!

that blues game was penalty filled man, couldnt get any flow going

My prediction,,,,,,,5-2 Habs,,,,,,,,,,PP will start clicking, Koivu 1G, 1A,,,,,,Kovy,1G, Tanguay, 2A, 4th line will score.

Annnnnnnd, everything will be right in Habsland :P:P:P

one win aint gonna make everything right, we win then think its ok to tank for another 4 games

Part of the problem has been the dump, IMO. We are sooo predictable. Dump in the corner, soft forecheck by one Hab, opposing team carries the puck easily through the neutral zone.

The aggravating thing is we are in a position to shoot - but make the dump in instead. If there is anything that watching the Leafs this year should teach us is the lesson to get pucks on the net from everywhere - If we had a hard forecheck, that would be one thing. But to dump it in with what seems like the intention of turning the puck over - that's ridiculous. No wonder we are getting shellacked game after game. IMO, we should mix it up - carry it, dump it in with a hard (two forward) aggressive forecheck, shoot if on net and chase hard for rebounds, dump it and play a hard neutral ice trap - depending on our own line's skill, and the lines we are playing against.

I like Carbo's line combinations - at least I think I will. He is trying to build each line with a touch of grit on the forecheck or in front of the net, shooting and finesse.

However we do it, the "dump-no chase" has to stop!

I'm just wondering if you are counting some of the cycling as dumping. We try to carry the puck over the line even when the dump in is the right thing to do. I do agree that we are soft on the forecheck when we do dump it in, which is why I'm willing to accept Kostopoulos with this third line. He's hard on the forecheck, but so is Lapierre, who we are sitting. More confusion.

I think I'm just going to stop listening to Carbonneau's analysis of the games. Yes, we took some dumb penalties, but that is far from the main issue. Yes, we played better in St. Louis, but we didn't play good. He is either deflecting attention, possibly from the power play, or he simply doesn't see the things he needs to see in order to get this club playing better hockey on a consistent basis.

I know this game is more about the team than any individual player, but I am disappointed Lapierre is not being given the opportunity to use Ruutu's hit as motivation to play hard and competitively tonight against Ruutu and the Sens. I think that is a poor decision on Carbonneau's part. Hopefully he proves me wrong when the team gets a convincing win!

I'm not sure Carbs should have praised his players after a lack luster scrape by win in a shoot out over St. Louis. Next outing saw the same lethargic effort and a poor showing. If they don't turn up the effort level about 10 notches, they are going to find themselves looking in from the outside. I'm not jumping off any band wagon here, just want to see some desperation in their game. Waiting for the puck to come to them instead of grinding after the puck isn't working. All the talent in the world isn't going to put the puck on their sticks if they don't skate to get it.

not sure I agree with the lines. Nonstopolous does not fit in well with offensively talented guys(if we have any). Hes a great energy, fore checking player but just seems out of place when he plays with guys like the Kostitsyns or pleks, I loves him though, go nonstopolous go.

I think the lines should be

Lats Koivu Tangs

PLeks and the bros

Kovy Lang Higgins

Laraque Laps/ Begin Nonstopolous/Dandy

I think Chipchura would be good for this team as a fourth line center or a winger, he needs to be in the NhL.

Archived